Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bojo1

Image idea

Guest bojo1

hi all

just wonderin could u maybe make it available for guild to have images on their rmor. should be easy enough just allow one type of rmor say steel shields and if the person belongs to a guild change the picture with the guild shield.

i do realize that every guilds pic would take up more room on hdds but thats y it should be guild limited and on 1 type eg. steel shields.

if not thats okay ill just keep it how my el files r (hehe i got a harvester cape thats black with a skull but u wont see it)

:twisted: screw EL ill make my own mmorpg, one with blackjack and hookers, in fact forget the mmorpg and the blackjack  :twisted:

:twisted: screw EL ill make my own mmorpg, one with blackjack and hookers, in fact forget the mmorpg and the blackjack  :twisted:

Hmmm... Futurama?

anyway, thats a good idea. or maybe we could have special guild shields that are bigger and offer more def but you can only get if ur in a guild and it has the guild pic on it

and if you leave the guild the shield disapears :D

I think the only person who can say that this is possible without too much hard work is ROja because she knows all about the textures and crap used for the sheilds and the armour.

Guest bojo1
if not thats okay ill just keep it how my el files r (hehe i got a harvester cape thats black with a skull but u wont see it)

ive already fooled around with textures and i can make it so i can see the pictures... but no one else can

u would just need "empty shields" that users can upload on have same properties and stuff and next update alll users download the image on their computer (the way u percieve shields etc. is stored in the El file)

all this would mean is their is 10+ shields (1 for each guild, i dunno how much there are..) extra in the game.

and to weir it u need to have the guild name corresponding to the shield. eg. Tkos shield, u must have the Tkos guild name to wear it.

this has only 2 problems 1) too many guilds may exist so lotsof extra shields must be made for each guild 2) there would have to be coding linked with the shield in case the guild changed name.

if guildmasters wanted to change the image they would upload it and have ent and the guys redistribute the new image in the next update.

sounds complex but its sorta simple :)

EDIT: sorry this is all in quotes im still gettin used to the forums and i cant edit the quote part out

Guest Toyminator
I think the only person who can say that this is possible without too much hard work is ROja because she knows all about the textures and crap used for the sheilds and the armour.

No crap

bojo, simple fix we make the sheilds buyable from 1 npc for so much its not funny say 60k :)

Guest bojo1
bojo, simple fix we make the sheilds buyable from 1 npc for so much its not funny say 60k

its not many shields in game :P

its the fact that each guild needs its own shield file simply

so if theres 10 guilds there 11 shields (all guild shields plus normal)

but if theres many many guilds it becomes hard to manage them

btw i think the recipe should include a simple item eg. a bone so all the normal steel shield ingreds +1 bone makes u a guild shield

should be simple enough to make the game check for guild tags, which means when u manu a guild shield ur guild tag is checked eg. tkos and the image used is the tkos image.

also same thing for wearing one, checks to see if corresponding names if guild tag (player) matches shield tag it equips, if not it displays error msg like u r not in Tkos guild, please use the guild shield corresponding to ur guild

This way people can collect them like trading cards lol

it would also mean each guild has to have a person who can make steel shields and maybe even new book called guild shield

well neway untill a mod or sumthin has a look its tsill only an idea

I remember this has been suggested a long time ago.

And also that it's not very hard to project an image on a surface, like a shield. I guess it's also possible to make it look nice on a cloak too.

And iirc the devs's reactions were positive. I didn't take the time to search for the post I'm talking about here, so I'm not sure about that. (If the posts from before the ipowerweb.com trouble were searchable I should've done that.)

:arrow: A simple implementation would be to allow the larger/older/steady (just some requirements to prevent flooding) guilds send an image (fixed size, square, transparency possible) to the dev team (say Roja). Roja puts the images together into a bitmap, to be shipped with the next client update (as long as there's no auto-update). A player's guild tag/id would indicate which image to project.

maybe but then if you wanted peeps to know wut guild u were in you would have to wear that equipment (and not many peeps are going to want to ALL THE TIME)

Well---Buyable from NPC: I don't think so, just do a projection, eg diff rxtures per item per guild....and no item bonus.

And of course, we would have to do a client update (and a new textures file to download) everytime a symbol was added or changed (not pleasant)

It sounds nice... but I suspect we'd end up paying to get a guild symbol. :twisted: