Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wizzy

Banana Serp /Ice and Fire

Hi all

Currently the Thermal serp sword is the best sword in game (maybe with some small expections)

Other serpent swords such as Magic/Ice and Fire are mostly unused in pk.

Many armors give quite a bit of protection for magic damage. and the Ice/fire damage of the serps is only 10 whereas the thermal is both +10 fire/cold damage.

I suggest making the magic serp, fire serp, and ice serp each doing +20 damage to it's name. This would equal the tit serp sword. though different armor/shield combos would prove more effective against some. This could help increase the numbers of the "other" serp swords used in game. And in some cicumstances It could make choosing the right serp sword against the right armors of your opponent a winning choice.

If all the serps swords came closer to a balance, I see no reason why they could not be sold for the same price in shop also.

Wiz

I like this idea a lot, very nice to make all the serpent swords similar, and some better for other things/armor combination.

Nice Wizzy.

very good suggestion, always wanted a banana serp, but the stats arent worth the $ compared to thermal, its just $10 more for thermal which owns the rest

very good suggestion wizzy.

would be nice to give a bit more power to magic,ice,fire swords.

I like Wizzy's idea. Changing the banana/ice/fire serp would bring about more interest for others, and myself to want to have these weapons. As it is, my only desire has been own the thermal serp. I'm not too interested in buying weapons for just looks alone.

Have fun.

Magic and Ice serps would become the obvious choices over Thermal and Fire, but nonetheless i support the idea.

The numbers could be tweaked a bit so that to make all the serps more equal with the varity of armors avaible.

Perhaps Magic serp +15 magic damage (good for fighting folks with 2 handed weps)

Fire Serp +20 Fire damage (most armors in game protect against heat damage to one degree or another)

Thermal serp stays +10 heat +10 cold damage

Ice serp +15 cold damage

Just some ideas, could probably be tweaked better for better balance

I personaly think this would drive more shop sales for swords. (I know I want to own them all) ^^

Edited by Wizzy

Perhaps Magic serp +15 magic damage (good for fighting folks with 2 handed weps)

Fire Serp +20 Fire damage (most armors in game protect against heat damage to one degree or another)

Thermal serp stays +10 heat +10 cold damage

Ice serp +15 cold damage

sounds good

Actually, making the fire one 15, but charging a bit less for it than the others, is probably the go.

Make for a cheaper yet still decent PvE sword, and ofc would still be very strong VS non-dragon armors.

Edited by Korrode

Why not do the same thing for all types of swords? I mean tit longs, tit shorts, s2e's of fire/ice/magic should deal the same as their thermal counterparts. Basically I'd like this suggestion to apply for all of them not only the serp swords.

And this way we might also see less fluffy orchans with cute pink swords (YAY!) so a +1 from me.

I'm with Garnoo, if this is done I'd like to see it done across the board.

But not to the extent where it's +20 ice or +20 heat. Perhaps 12 or 15, which is still higher than thermal.

Don't let the idea die. :) We should make a poll (yes POLL! Another one weeeeeeeee!!!:)) about it.

I agree

I to would like to see some more active use of the magic/ice/fire serps. it would be a shame to not have a decent use for them as long as they don't overpower the thermal ofc

Eternal lands seems to becoming more and more PVE these days, though I still think this suggestion is still valid, perhaps more then ever. By changing the stats of the lesser-used serp swords, could still make pk more intresting, but also give more stratagey to fighting monsters in game. Monsters could have more/less resistance to ice/magic/fire and a choice of serp could make the difference in fighting them. I do think if they where more balanced that most players would desire to own more of these serp swords.

I agree, the ice/magic/fire serps do really need a buff considering their price difference compared to thermal is small but the difference in usefulness is huge.

20 ice/fire/magic damage sounds a bit too much IMO (would be better than thermal in some cases), but maybe 15 of each would be fairly balanced. Their base damage is also slightly smaller, maybe it should be changed to match thermal, too.

Maybe give some higher level invasion mobs random bonus to some resistances at expense of other, so that each individual has different weak spots. You can still beat the crap out of them as usual, but can do it more or less effectively. Sometimes you might notice that the thermal serp isn't a skull key that always cracks their heads. (just like dragons have varying stats)

I like the idea of adjusting the magic/ice/fire serps, the idea as stated is interesting i would also be interested if they offered something different like:

Magic same damage as current with % chance of gaining like 3-7 mana on a successful hit

Ice same damage as current with % chance of freezing like axe of freezing (maybe blocked with cold shield?)

Fire same damage as current with % chance of burn damage similar to poison(maybe blocked with heat shield?)

Dunno maybe these make them to OP but would change up the weapon possibilities and give a little more variety then just adding extra magic/fire/ice damage and would set them apart from the other enchanted weapons.

surely something needs to be done to increase damage to these weapons, compared to range/magic/engineer melee damage is subpar and this is a great place to start