Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

#Lottery command

I think adding a #Lottery command that provides the current amount, drawing date/time (and maybe the last winner/amount) could help the lottery.

This would allow people to check it when then have time (or just logged on) and might be useful for some bots to publish it in some heavy traffic web pages/game channels some where...

The more 'publicity' this gets, the more people will use it, I'd assume (and the more that use it, the higher the amount, enticing even more...)

I'm not sure I could find the post, but the original intent of sticking the NPC way off in the far corner of WS was to attempt to get more people to a less used area of the map. I think over time, we've seen that the draw of the lottery isn't enough to justify the location (few people play).

The simplest fix would be to move the NPC to a more populated area. That in itself would probably increase participation.

And yes, a new #lottery command would also help (although I've vote for moving first as that's almost no effort compared to adding a new command).

Even with the command though, people would have to travel to that part of the map to purchase a ticket. The command would just help out with how much the current lottery was and the next drawing time etc.

The el-cel.com website has not been updated with lottery winners since the end of August.

Unless you happen to be online when the winner is announced, you have no idea whether or not you've won. The lottery NPC does not provide any information on winners and only provides the current jackpot amount.

#1 on this idea. At least you'd be able to check!