Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

Teh_Master

Hi,

I wanted everyone to know about Teh_Master. He's a bot designed to help the community. Currently, he doesn't have a lot of features, but one of his best might be that he posts announcements on twitter.

You can find the information here: http://twitter.com/Teh_Master

Now, before you say, "I don't use twitter", consider this: You don't have to be getting tweets to find this useful; You can refer to the page to see annoucements you might have missed while you were away from the game.

If you do find the page useful, please register/follow, so we can tell how many people are folllowing ;) (It helps to know that people are making use of it...)

If any mod needs to remove a tweet, they should contact radu/asgnny/Aislinn, as they have the ability to remove tweets posted.

DISCLAIMER: the code is new, so it may have a few bugs still (that we're working to eliminate as quickly as possible.) There's a chance that an annoucment might not get tweeted if the bot runs into a bug (until the bugs are all worked out.) The bot doesn't go AWOL that often, but it has happened.

Please stop by and take a look at the information on Teh_Master's page. Hopefully you'll find it useful :o

DB

First thing I thought was "oh no, another gossip" ;) but then I followed the link (I know, I'm getting better), and saw that the info there was different. And it looks great btw :o although some links are not full (from the tweets), maybe because there's a limit of characters per tweet, idk.

Oh and for those who don't use twitter (like me), you can subscribe to the bot's RSS feed and read the news from your RSS reader, be it Google, Yahoo or any other web/desktop reader.

Cheers.

I like, I like, I like.

While I'd like the server to do this instead, what are the possibilities of having a bot report what lenny and pkcentral says only either on another channel or in pm to a subscribed list?

Great work Dogbreath. Any chance you can have it post special days? Don't know if they are posted on another website or not. I know it can be emailed but a website would be better.

TirunCollimdus GM of PATH

We're trying not to duplicate gossip's job. We certainly appreciate all she's done for the game and wouldn't like to give the impression that we're trying to step on her toes ;)

No tweets since September 14. Is this feature discontinued? I've really enjoyed having a record of global message in the past and hope it resumes. :)