Eternal Lands Official Forums
SenZon

Boycott Learner

I don't slightly care if someone lose icd set, cause he doesn't care will how many gc i lose on fucking tools to make them he's, sr's and other shit they need and how much time i lose so you could play with monsters, don't talk like you are above me, all you just complain, but when you are to lose something you would kill for it.

More than half of you that write here are fucking hypocrites and selfish ameba's.

Never did complain, trying to point on few things that are screwing economy and you are saying i don''t make sanse?

I find it funny how you call half of the people here 'fucking hypocrites and selfish ameba's' when there is one person that is not even trying to understand other people's points of view, and that person is you.

See, the difference is that the tools you break, sure they need replacement, but you'd have to use up a WHHHHOOOOLE lot of them to even get close to what 1 piece of steel armor costs, and it only gets more as you upgrade the armor. Before you think you can slash that down: check my levels and you'll see that I've probably used up as many tools for mixing as you have, maybe even more, and that's including vials and alembics.

It's your good right to chose to focus on the non combat levels more than on for example a/d, but trust me, once you have spent all those months training to a certain level, you do want to wear the cool armor when you go to invasions. At 110s a/d, if I go to an invasion in aug stuff and with a tit long sword, all that will happen is I die within 3 minutes, drop the stuff i had and that would be it. With the nice gear, I actually last. Yes i have the choice not to go, but for me, those invasions are about the best fun I can get. I know more people with the same opinion.

Additionally: I'm not known for having good economics, I spend more than i should, I just buy what I need, and use what I have, and when it breaks I replace it if I need it again, no matter what the cost. When I run out of rostos, I dial 0900-radu, and he delivers me new ones. I make EL easier for myself that way. This doesn't mean that I just assume everybody else can and will or even should do the same. EL is presented as a free to play game, and I think people who want to keep it free to play should be able to do it without missing out on anything (provided they work for it of course). And that's why I feel so strongly about rosto prices needing to go down (which Learner seems to have accomplished), as well as prices for certain other items. Not to make them available to the first newbie that enters the game within a day, but so that players that have played a while, and are starting to build up a decent storage can also do this IN game, without having to slave themselves for months.

EDIT:

Heh silly me, didn't even think to look at old posts of yours (thx to the person who did :P )

So you're aiwendil from ALCH guild eh?

High alch, harv, manu, pot... and relatively low a/d... hmmm

I'm guessing invasions aren't really your scene... being too high a/d for a <50 area, but getting creamed in <100 area... and i'm only guessing here; but you've already said mixing is "70%" of EL for you, so it's probably a very long road before you can partake in some of the more fun PvE stuff.

I can see how someone such as yourself wouldn't be too concerned with a high rosto price... but you have to consider a wider scope of players than just those in your situation :P

To you is ganking and spending hours kiling single mob fun, for me it's boooring as hell. You could probably see that from my skills.

Main problem is that ppl like you think a/d is main skill of EL.

For me rosto price isn't such a big deal, but i did consider other players and wrote how you can lower their price or at least how to lower demand.

But everyone spit on my comment with stupid arguments and i give up.

@Dilly

What points of view? Aislinn tried to point few things and you burried his/her comments, how you can't train in cheaper gear and how you can't pay so much for rosto. Than tell me how you plan to lower it's price? As far as i can see price is still 30k as it was.

EDIT:

Heh silly me, didn't even think to look at old posts of yours (thx to the person who did :P )

So you're aiwendil from ALCH guild eh?

High alch, harv, manu, pot... and relatively low a/d... hmmm

I'm guessing invasions aren't really your scene... being too high a/d for a <50 area, but getting creamed in <100 area... and i'm only guessing here; but you've already said mixing is "70%" of EL for you, so it's probably a very long road before you can partake in some of the more fun PvE stuff.

I can see how someone such as yourself wouldn't be too concerned with a high rosto price... but you have to consider a wider scope of players than just those in your situation :P

To you is ganking and spending hours kiling single mob fun, for me it's boooring as hell. You could probably see that from my skills.

Main problem is that ppl like you think a/d is main skill of EL.

For me rosto price isn't such a big deal, but i did consider other players and wrote how you can lower their price or at least how to lower demand.

But everyone spit on my comment with stupid arguments and i give up.

@Dilly

What points of view? Aislinn tried to point few things and you burried his/her comments, how you can't train in cheaper gear and how you can't pay so much for rosto. Than tell me how you plan to lower it's price? As far as i can see price is still 30k as it was.

Hate to break the news to you,

A/D Fighting is THE main skill of this game.

What do you think all these potions,armors, weapons, rings/meds, etc are produced for? To sell to npc for gc;s?

What do you think all these potions,armors, weapons, rings/meds, etc are produced for? To sell to npc for gc;s?

For xp, do your really think that they are produced to satisfy your hobby?

Sr's were made for xp and than sold to fighters so you can get some gc for your work, but now there isn't any reason to make sr's since there are br's which can be sold to npc for more gc and give more xp. What would happen if every player who lvl potion was to stop producing sr's and switch on br's?

For him ti would be batter cause he wouldn't have to spam market that he is selling sr's, he would only go to npc and sell them.

Same thing with medallions.

Problem is that you can't understand that this game function on every skill, you can't play it without other, well you could but it would be much more slower.

Try playing so that you won't have any contact with other player/bot for a month. If you can do it, i'll admit a/d is main skill.

There is big difference between main skill and popular skill.

Try playing so that you won't have any contact with other player/bot for a month. If you can do it, i'll admit a/d is main skill.

I can do that - easy - but it's not why I play games like this.

A/D to kill yeti, 32 pp in nexus, read 282 books and can make most items in game.

(8 skills over level 70)

Did'nt buy gc and levelled my own char.

And I say fighting is main skill.

I can do that - easy - but it's not why I play games like this.

A/D to kill yeti, 32 pp in nexus, read 282 books and can make most items in game.

(8 skills over level 70)

Did'nt buy gc and levelled my own char.

And I say fighting is main skill.

It is difficult to oppose views of someone with your credentials, but you have to admit you're definitely vastly more skilled than the average fighter - or any player for that matter. I think the definition of main skill depends on the individual.

Sr's were made for xp and than sold to fighters so you can get some gc for your work, but now there isn't any reason to make sr's since there are br's which can be sold to npc for more gc and give more xp. What would happen if every player who lvl potion was to stop producing sr's and switch on br's?

For him ti would be batter cause he wouldn't have to spam market that he is selling sr's, he would only go to npc and sell them.

Problem is that you can't understand that this game function on every skill, you can't play it without other, well you could but it would be much more slower.

I like Zamirah can live quite easy without interation also. I only have 26 pp in nexus and can make just about every item I need to survive. I think I understand quite well, My skills are probably better then yours in most mixing skills torr, Trust me, I get it.

Now if all you do is sit and mix and sell to npc's, why do you need rostos? why are you complaining about the price?

The only times in 4 years I have found it hard to buy a rostogol on market, is when that darn radu and roja take a vacation and shop orders stop for a week or two. And as long as people sell gc's at 8:1 the rosto price is going to be 8:1 also. Unless of course, you feel pasionate enough about this and take drastic actions, Like learner did. Go out and buy 300 rostos from shop, Sell them in game for 15k each, for a short while, you will be able to control the price, But as soon as those cheap rostos are off market, Price will quickly go back to 30kish each.

And no, I do not buy gc's/rostos>gc's I personaly would love to buy them @15k again. But the reality of this is, is this will not happen because of people that buy from shop to sell for in game gc's.. And god bless those those people, It is because of them the game continues, and keeps a rosto or two on the market for people like me to enjoy the game

I don't understand your ignorance, i never said i'm affected by rosto price atm, as i said it can be 100k each and i won't be affected.

Just tell me whats wrong by trying to point on a few things that can change it's price?

It's a lot easier to raise price of rare item than lower it. But question is who will be the most affected. :blink::hehe::P

I don't understand your ignorance, i never said i'm affected by rosto price atm, as i said it can be 100k each and i won't be affected.

Just tell me whats wrong by trying to point on a few things that can change it's price?

It's a lot easier to raise price of rare item than lower it. But question is who will be the most affected. :blink::hehe::P

The only thing you fail to understand, and I am getting tired of trying to explain this..

These items are not rare.

Yes you only find them rarely fighting/harvesting etc. But this does not mean they are rare at all.

The shop sells all these items, in pretty much any amount you would like to buy.

Are you kidding? You think people won't make SR's because BRs supply more GC and exp? Rofl, you are nuts. SR's have easier to harvest flower and BQ is easier/faster imo to harvest than RQ. Sure it costs 1gc less averaging 14gc~per but you can mass produce them to extreme amounts. I used BR's on Forever to level to 46 potion and guess what? I STILL did SRs.

I understand every skill. I'm not mass leveled on my current character but I've leveled a good deal on different characters. I don't need contact witha player / bot to survive, if I needed too, I'd read and do every skill ingame. I just don't like spending PP on too many nexus, so I am wary on what skills I do.

@Dilly

Sure, you don't have to. Or you could see it from the other side of things and try to accept that there are more and more people saying: ´hmm.. the stuff is ingame, and if i use it it will actually allow me to move on from what I've been doing for months now, and it will increase my joy in playing this game´.

Your, and Aislinn´s idea of fun does not have to be similar to what someone else sees as fun. There is, whether you like it or not, a large part of this game's community who chose to use the higher value stuff. The low cost way of life isn't better than the highcost way of life, nor vice versa. Try get out of your shell and try see why someone would prefer to chose a different way of playing, and even if you don't agree with them, don't just call them 'fucking hypocrites and selfish ameba's' , simply for making different choices, leading to other challenges than you encounter ingame.

Edited by Dilly

Your, and Aislinn´s idea of fun does not have to be similar to what someone else sees as fun.

I don't recall stating my idea of fun, only what I wear to train in. :blink:

Just because I am pointing out causes for the economy being what it is, doesn't mean I do or don't think wearing the high end stuff is fun, or that invasions/instances are or aren't fun. (I had a great time in the instance I managed to find time to participate in!).

Please don't put words in my mouth or mislead others as to my point.

i wouldn't dare do that Aislinn, but from your replies in this and other threads you have given me the impression that, in your opinion, the higher level armors are a luxury, not a necessity.

But you know what, I'll just withdraw from this discussion, these things always end up with the same results anyways, so why would I bother anymore eh.

I don't think for a second the Learner is the reason that rostogol prices are going up. I think rostogols are simply being used faster than they are comming into the game. It's just supply and demand (have i said this before?) I don't think Learner as an individual can affect the price much and I wont boycott him. If you want the price of rosts to come down more rosts need to come into the game and they need to be used more slowly.

This thread has meandered through a wide range of topics - the economy in general, items people should or shouldn't wear, various playing styles, etc. Step back for a minute and remember the whole point. This topic was started in response to action Learner took (seemingly) resultant from conversation that took place on channel 6 - namely, some players complaining about the price of rostogols.

Well on channel 6 today few people asked me to make this.

Learner bought 116 rostos from bots for the sole reason to increase prices on rostos even more from 30k to 50k+

Learner even gave some limited play-by-play commentary as he traveled from bot to buy buying up all available rostos that day.

In any case, we're back where we we started and the topic is moot.

Considering Learner's bots have dropped their prices to 35k, the price won't go up much. And it'll still be only a temporary thing.

Unless you/we want never-ending, off-topic general EL economy/overpriced item discussion in this thread, it might be a reasonable time to close it. Delete this post too if you want.

various playing styles,

I'm gonna harvest all the titanium on c2 and raise the price to 10k per ore, yeah, that's the ticket.

What's in your wallet?

Titanium dust!

everything torr/aiwendil posted

wow; tbh i see you as one of the most hypocrite/ignorant people in EL. i read the entire post and tryed to see it all from other ppl's point of view and i gotta say that some points were extremely excellent in addressing the main reason why the thread was created/etc. but your posts on the other hand seems to consist of flaming "a/d trainers" cause they think they "dominate" the game; bitching about how the breaking of mixing items is soooooooo heartbreaking (but come on.. seriously? i think that breaking a COL or some other armors during fighting is ALOT more gc draining then breaking an empty vial or a needle :P ) you said that you dont care about how the prices of rostos are.. yet you post in the thread concerning rosto prices and the recent changes Learner has made to the prices. You also say that a/d isnt the main skill.. well every other skills seems to branch off of a/d somehow/someway. I, as a Summoner can even comment that A/D is the main skill in EL. how else are you planning to start your EL career? Harvesting vege at the vege patch on IP til your 100 OA? hf :whistle: seriously.. dude? if you have no productive replys why bother posting? :confused: hopefully will see you ingame Aiwendil (...in a PK map :whistle: )

-Tigre of GODz.

You've heard of these things called NPC's, right?

Maybe a good way to create price stability is to use NPCs to influence market prices. For example, change NPC prices. Make NPC buy HE for 7 and sell for 8. People will have to sell for ~7.5 to compete with NPC price.

Edited by hussam

Maybe a good way to create price stability is to use NPCs to influence market prices. For example, change NPC prices. Make NPC buy HE for 7 and sell for 8. People will have to sell for ~7.5 to compete with NPC price.

The question with that is, is that degree of enforced price stability really wanted?

also by encouraging so much interaction with NCPs, doesnt that take away the basis of an MMO ? that being interaction with other people based upon your chosen skills.

if I wanted to play a game where I didnt want to interact with humans because they all pi55 me off id just sit and play pacman on the atari

im guessing humans are smart enough to keep the item price below NPC one to still make a profit,so there is still human interaction ;o

i like Hussams idea, things cant get too expensive, or too cheap, players can still make up their own prices for the ingreds of items, but its up to them to tweak it so that it doesnt sell for more then NPC price

The question with that is, is that degree of enforced price stability really wanted?

On items like HE, yes we absolutely do. There are already bots that buy HE for less than 7gcs each.

If NPC buys for 7gcs, people won't sell to bots for cheap. And when NPC sells for 8gcs, mixers and bots won't sell for 8.5gcs. Instead, they will sell for a price that's between 7 and 8gcs each. Most mixers including myself would rather have a lower but stable source of income than a very high but occasional one. That's where NPCs come in handy,

Fighters will also be happy because now I can't exploit them by selling them HE for 8.5gcs each. Instead I have to sell for less than 8gcs otherwise they can buy from NPC.

Edited by hussam

No we absolutely do not. You're talking about crimping a market that can fluctuate freely by adding gc/item sinks using NPC characters. This is not a good thing. I am sure I shouldn't need to explain why, just search forums for complaints about gc sinks.