Eternal Lands Official Forums
SenZon

Boycott Learner

Since i only have 90 hp from atributes i can't train on lions anymore without risking my complete armor... also can't go back to armed orc because the critical hits... should i go back to ogres at 80 a/d? ... Should i reset and rebuild my atributes only because "a CoL isn't a need"...

It's not that big problem to train with 90hp without a CoL ... You just have to restore more often.

From my point of view, it's more challenging and more fun to have to interact while training, then just to watch the exp floating above your head.

Sadly, most people just want the quickest/cheapes/painless way to train, maybe because the don't enjoy playing they just want to be TOP.

(Please don't start with the topic about being competitive in PK)

My 'fun' concept also includes ranging... a week ago i carried a rosto with my recurve bow... now that hasn't sence (it cost 30kgc)...

So you'll not go ranging now ?

Anyway what is the difference in "fun" when you carry a long bow instead of recurve bow ?

In my lazy time i harvest tit ores, really hard to do with 90hp and without wearing some steel armor...

I harvest titanium with 120 hp, but used to do it with even less then 90 hp completely without any armor.

Just carry some HEs with you and you're ok... 8 EMU (for 2 restores) will not ruin your titanium harving.

At least it works for me for a loooong time now...

Certainly the lack of rostos at a reasonable price reduce my concern of "fun" in this game. I enjoyed too much to go to instances, this situation just destroyed our team. I lost my last rosto in a invasion at Ida mines when hundres of trolls spawn over me.

Be more careful, I lost col in mm invasion and i didn't complain

It takes me like 4 or 5 day to get the gcs for buy a rosto (wich i still didn't get), i can't find a better way to make gcs...

Do u think other ppl earn 100k gc per day? No only a few.

Since i only have 90 hp from atributes i can't train on lions anymore without risking my complete armor... also can't go back to armed orc because the critical hits... should i go back to ogres at 80 a/d? ... Should i reset and rebuild my atributes only because "a CoL isn't a need"...

Wear med of life, take more he's, sr's, you don't have to be on spawn whole day with one load of he's, sr's. Or train on something weaker until u have more hp.

Plus you'll cast more restore and thats mag xp.

My 'fun' concept also includes ranging... a week ago i carried a rosto with my recurve bow... now that hasn't sence (it cost 30kgc)...

Every skill cost, and there is risk, what about vial mold which is 10k and break and it's gone.

In my lazy time i harvest tit ores, really hard to do with 90hp and without wearing some steel armor...

You can always carry 4-8 he's in inv for restore, you won't die if u harv 4-8 less tit ore.

So I wont participate on Invasions, maybe 1 or 2 instances more if i can get a team, i wont train anymore, i wont buy/sell from players or bots...

You are not the first or the last. Everything is this game is your choice, don't blame others if you can't do or buy something.

Just as Aislinn wrote.

You have a choice:

1. you can be prince with crown, shiny armor and rosto.

2. you can be peasant warrior with leather and chain armor without rosto.

Option 1: you have choose to be pr0, fancy and l33t. More rosto need, higher demand.

Option 2: you are nothing like option 1, but you don't need so much money and it's less stressful, Less rosto need, lower demand.

Everything is choice, luck and risk, someone goes to instance and if he is lucky he'll find rdholam, someone harvest and with luck will find some stone, mixer will mix and with luck will get special item.

Even i can't try to go ahead on the new quests...

I am amazed , i have 65 hp and havest titanum , try to fight feran with aug leather armor and a bone for a wepon . you dont need steel armor to harvest or fight strange looking animals, try using body restoration potions and healh essences to heal yourself. rostos are nice but you can play with out them.

This game is great, the prices may go up and down but thats more fun trying to find what you want at the price you are willing to pay . You can allways use the el shop if its to hard without a rosto .

It is important to note that if you only have one expensive item on and you have a 50/50 chance of managing to grab your death bag after you die, there is little difference between that and losing a rosto with no chance of getting the rosto back.

Personally, if I am in augmented leather, MoL and a CoL, I think I would rather gamble on being able to get my bag back than to gamble on being able to find and afford a rosto. It was not always this way, but since the prices are up to 30K+ I would prefer to gamble on my chances to find my deathbag.

Hydro run with rosto and cheap armor? Hell no. The rosto is worth more than 30 s2e now. I don't drop that much. I could barely hold that much in a run. It wasn't worth it when the price was 20K for a rosto either. lol

Invasions without rosto? Even if people managed to do an invasion without the use of a rosto, them not dropping the rosto would take all the fun out of it for Radu. I do believe that half the joy of an invasion for Radu is to have everyone drop bricks for his castle. It is just not as likely for him to get his satisfaction of a freshly dropped rosto now. At the least not as likely from countries with less global value to their money since they will Not pay what might be a week's salary for an item in a game.

The definition of a rostogal stone, the definition of "rare" and the definition of "expensive" are changing in this game. Rostogal stone is changing to "something you will only use on special occasions when you wear all your most valuable items totalling over 100K gc". Rare for mixing or harvesting is changing into "you might get this once a year if you are lucky". What was considered expensive a year ago is now considered kind of cheap.

The times and the game are changing and have been since I started back in around March 2006.

It's not like you NEED rostos to play EL.

You are making these choices:

1. "I want to wear fancy expensive stuff I can't afford to replace" (it's not like there isn't other stuff to wear or other lesser creatures/players to fight, or non-death threatening things to eat to mix, or safer things to harvest)

2. "I don't want to pay the risk-factor price inherent in all games" (have your cake and eat it too?)

3. "I choose to pay more gc to negate that risk factor" (people are lucky this option exists at all, can't see why everybody thinks it should be cheap)

Funny, I know a lot of people here who very happily played before rostos even existed. There was a lot less complaining then too.

4. losing items using no rostos has less chance than the item broken or damaged while fighting ;-)

Fucking lol @ the people who replied to dipi (and some other people previously in this thread)...

What do you propose? don't use any of the expensive items in the game? EVER?

You can't have these items in-game, dangled in front of the players, and make them too expensive/risky to use. That's not fun, that's frustration.

If you're capable of wandering through this game just ignoring the existence of a shitload of nice items, good for you, but no way in hell i would play a game in that fashion.

In EL you work hard (much harder than most games) to achieve certain items, if once the hard work is complete, and something has been achieved, but you then cannot use it, what's the point?

I would also like to note that even if i go to a monster 15-20 a/d levels under me it's still infeasible to train with no CoL, in augs/chains.

Edited by Korrode

Keep in mind that Rosto's are available from players & bots. I see on Dogbreaths site right now 12 rosto's for 32k or less. If some of the bot owners would lower their buy price some, I wouldn't be surprised if the prices would drop more. But, since bots are paying more then 28k (up to 30k), the scares sellers from selling lower.

Fucking lol @ the people who replied to dipi (and some other people previously in this thread)...

You can't have these items in-game, dangled in front of the players, and make them too expensive/risky to use. That's not fun, that's frustration.

If you're capable of wandering through this game just ignoring the existence of a shitload of nice items, good for you, but no way in hell i would play a game in that fashion.

In EL you work hard (much harder than most games) to achieve things, if once the hard work is complete, and something has been achieved, but you then cannot use it, what's the point?

Nobody said you can't use that items... You ARE ABLE to wear them.

Actually when i had the nexus, i used CoL all the time and NEVER had a rosto with me.

You just need to be careful that's all. But the problem is that all people like you just want to maximize exp/gc etc. - meaning that you would like to be on a spawn 24/7 without restock and without any risk.

Personally i don't care, but posts like that one you made looks like: baaaaa they took my roostoooo, baaaaa ... (no offense please)

I would also like to note that even if i go to a monster 15-20 a/d levels under me it's still completely infeasible to train with no CoL, in augs/chains.

So what if it's infeasible ? Fucking lol @ the people who NEED to get max exp/gc/per training hour :P

You even can't imagine that maybe someone is able to have fun WITHOUT getting max exp.

I would also like to note that even if i go to a monster 15-20 a/d levels under me it's still infeasible to train with no CoL, in augs/chains.

Do you expect to train on giant is the same as ogre? Of course it can't be it should be 3 times harder and much more expansive.

Radu should disable NMT cape's on 1 week, that would be fun.

Who said that? I said people shouldn't expect to be able to if they are unable to pay the price one way or another. But uber nice things should have a price, and there should be a price to protect them from the normal dangers of the game (which wouldn't be much of a game without challenges and dangers and goals). And I'll say it again, I think it's pretty amazing this option exists at all, and yet people still complain because it's expensive. Well duh. It should be expensive. You are paying to bypass game design.

In EL you work hard (much harder than most games) to achieve things, if once the hard work is complete, and something has been achieved, but you then cannot use it, what's the point?
The point was not aimed at people who can afford them, who can afford to replace them, and who can afford to protect them time and time again. The people who earned ingame the ability to do so and know how to do so and won't quit if something bad happens to them because they are able to get more OR do without until they can.

Anybody who plays in a game with other people should expect there to be fluctuations and differences. There will be situations out of your control, whether it be your favorite spawn is always taken, changes in "the economy", different types of players coming in, new items and maps and rules and quests and anything else that seems like a good idea...things will change yet again too. How can you go around saying things like that "ruin your fun"? It's part of the mmorpg definition. Right now it's the economy getting a bashing because of above mentioned issues. If everybody actually had to work for what they have themselves, i think they would value it more as well. But what do you REALLY expect when more and more people are just buying the stuff with rl $ rather than earning it ingame? Of course the supply can't keep up with the demand.

Actually when i had the nexus, i used CoL all the time and NEVER had a rosto with me.

And it's a habit you'd have quickly broken had you lost numerous CoL's because of it, so you got lucky.

...that's not really speculation either, one of the most common things taught to newbies is "Dont wear your CoL without a rosto". There's reason why that is.

But the problem is that all people like you just want to maximize exp/gc etc.

duh, of course i like to have good gc/exp per hour.

meaning that you would like to be on a spawn 24/7 without restock and without any risk.

lmao

Seems your telepathic ability to determine what others would or would not like isn't quite perfect.

Risk-less training and ability for anyone (including myself) to be on spawn for epic proportions of time is certainly not something i want to see.

I would also like to note that even if i go to a monster 15-20 a/d levels under me it's still completely infeasible to train with no CoL, in augs/chains.

So what if it's infeasible ? Fucking lol @ the people who NEED to get max exp/gc/per training hour :P

You even can't imagine that maybe someone is able to have fun WITHOUT getting max exp.

I don't "NEED" any such thing, and i have multiple training locations and creatures (that yield quite varying exp/gc) that i move around between to keep variation and some small semblance of 'fun'.

During your entire post, you never actually addressed the key point of my post.

Do you expect to train on giant is the same as ogre? Of course it can't be it should be 3 times harder and much more expansive.

I expect training throughout the entire game to be be feasible, and have the accompanying risk be reasonable.

Gee and i thought i was being a bit troll-ish...

Who said that? I said people shouldn't expect to be able to if they are unable to pay the price one way or another. But uber nice things should have a price, and there should be a price to protect them from the normal dangers of the game (which wouldn't be much of a game without challenges and dangers and goals).

The point was not aimed at people who can afford them, who can afford to replace them, and who can afford to protect them time and time again. The people who earned ingame the ability to do so and know how to do so and won't quit if something bad happens to them because they are able to get more OR do without until they can.

Anybody who plays in a game with other people should expect there to be fluctuations and differences. There will be situations out of your control, whether it be your favorite spawn is always taken, changes in "the economy", different types of players coming in, new items and maps and rules and quests and anything else that seems like a good idea...things will change yet again too. Right now it's the economy getting a bashing because of above mentioned issues. If everybody actually had to work for what they have themselves, i think they would value it more as well. But what do you REALLY expect when more and more people are just buying the stuff with rl $ rather than earning it ingame? Of course the supply can't keep up with the demand.

Yes much of what you've said i can agree with, the problem is if rosto price gets too high, the price of protecting items becomes unreasonable (note i'm not saying that i don't think there should be a price, just that it shouldn't be unreasonable).

I mean, lets face it, many of the activities people find fun in EL (like invasions, instances) are purposely, intentionally designed rosto burners. I mean hell, the game creator sits in channel 6 asking how many rostos people are losing during invasions, and openly displaying his happiness when they are.

Now i understand no one forces anyone to do any of those things, and i understand that Radu want's to make a living off this game, so if he's going to design the 'fun' activities of the game around rosto poofage then the in-game cost of rostos needs to stay down, or in the long run it'll end badly for both Radu and the players.

To the whole thread and not any one post author in particular, as the discussion slowly becomes moot...

Say what you will about whether or not rostogols or any other item in game are needed or ways we should or should not be playing the game. The bottom line is that too much happens in this game because of what is or isn't said on channel 6.

But that's the way it is, so #jc 6 if you give a damn.

...that's not really speculation either, one of the most common things taught to newbies is "Dont wear your CoL without a rosto". There's reason why that is.
Exactly - it's taught to NEWBIES. Meaning, if you know the game mechanics and the risks, you don't need to carry a rosto all the time.

Sure there can be situations where you can die and drop expensive items without any time to react, but knowing the game mechanics the probability of such things to happen can be lowered almost to 0%.

duh, of course i like to have good gc/exp per hour.
That doesn't mean it's what all people want and it doesn't mean it's the only way people have fun training.

Seems your telepathic ability to determine what others would or would not like isn't quite perfect.

Risk-less training and ability for anyone (including myself) to be on spawn for epic proportions of time is certainly not something i want to see.

No, from your post (in this topic) it seems completely different.

During your entire post, you never actually addressed the key point of my post.
Maybe you could try reading it again, together with Aislinns posts and few others.

And it's a habit you'd have quickly broken had you lost numerous CoL's because of it, so you got lucky.

Ehhh anybody else here see the problem? What on earth is a newbie doing with a CoL or a rosto? How many newbies can naturally ingame afford one of those, let alone both? They bought it with rl $ or received it as a gift. If they have it, they sure didn't earn it, and they sure as heck can't afford to replace it with gc or have the levels to earn it back.

Why wouldn't the prices go up when everybody wants these things (that are supposed to be for high level players) and will pay anything to get them, using any means to be able to afford it? And more than once! Why wouldn't there be a shortage of "rare" ingredients? Every player and his brother wants the high end stuff. People are buying from the shop and buying gc from other players to buy them ingame. So new players who by rights shouldn't be able to have these items are demanding them and using any method possible to get them, driving prices up. And then are saying the game sucks when their real life money goes *poof* when it breaks/drops/gets scammed/pick something.

What ever happened to the natural progression of the game? (What ever happened to goals?)

I believe that if this problem (very overly simplified) were addressed and fixed, a lot of EL's ailments including the economy would right themselves.

Ehhh anybody else here see the problem? What on earth is a newbie doing with a CoL or a rosto?

Ok let me re-phrase, obviously the definition of 'newbie' is a little grey-area.

I was meaning when a person gets their first CoL, perhaps that's not a 'newbie' by most people's definition.

I've dispensed the said advice numerous times to numerous people, generally people who've just gained their CoL via in-game methods.

I got my first CoL at like 30's a/d / ~40's alch ...i gained it completely through in-game means, working with a guild, getting the ingreds, and a guildmate mixing it... when i think back to then i'd certainly gained the CoL myself, in-game, yet i still think of myself as being 'newbie' at that stage... my view/definition may be skewed due playing 3+ years and being much higher levels now... anyways i'm ranting on, point is; by newbie i meant a person who'd just, through their own in-game means, got their first CoL.

No, from your post (in this topic) it seems completely different.

Where? Quote me.

Exactly - it's taught to NEWBIES. Meaning, if you know the game mechanics and the risks, you don't need to carry a rosto all the time.

Sure there can be situations where you can die and drop expensive items without any time to react, but knowing the game mechanics the probability of such things to happen can be lowered almost to 0%.

I think the percentage chance of unexpected death can only be judged on a person-by-person basis.

I have personally witnessed quite a multitude of people, definite 'non-newbies', be caught out by something unexpected and die when they really didn't think they would.

EDIT:

And, in regards to me personally, the creature i most commonly train is Yeti.

I have all the attribs require for training them, of this i can assure you, yet still i could very easily die.

Yeti is capable of criting me for 51 damage, (and many people much higher a/d than me have the same toughness as me, so it's almost the same for them, i know this first hand) that means at worst luck (for me) it is possible to lose 51 health per second. (and i have perma ~400ms ping)

So if my phone rings, or someone calls out to me, or i take a swig of a drink, or even yawn or sneeze, for just a few short seconds while i'm in combat, boom i can be dead.

(EDIT3: I'll also note that Yeti are under my a/d, Yeti=125/125 a/d, Korrode=130/135 a/d)

A certain Rank 1 Attack'er once said to me something along the lines of "Yeti have poofed way more rostos of mine than players ever did".

So unless you want to argue that my understanding of game mechanics isn't up to scratch, there is still decent risk.

And don't argue "oh well don't train Yeti"... what am i meant to do? never ever train them?

Thus i stand by my stance that high rosto price = generally bad, for everyone, from 'newbie' (whatever that means :P ) to 'pr0' (whatever that means :P )

EDIT2:

Oh, and we could start talking about trice too, which can crit me for up to 70 damage.

Edited by Korrode

Gee and i thought i was being a bit troll-ish...

Maybe.

But NMT cape was the biggest mistake of EL. Why? It's not brakeable (will be in few weeks, maybe), it reduce brake rate of armor/weapons so there is less demand of them (manuers mix them, but there is no1 to use them), you need rosto for it that raise it's price, doesn't required nexus, ppl fighting in high armors which reduce dmg so less he's and sr's needed and noob can buy it/wear it if he have enough $. This need asap tweak.

Let's take a look at artificer cape, req human nexus 10, it's rate is same as NMT both perks cost 7 pp's, so why doesn't NMT have any restrictions?

Funny, I know a lot of people here who very happily played before rostos even existed. There was a lot less complaining then too.

Yea but look at the cost of items sense then also :P

So? It's not obligatory every player from beginner up have the best stuff when they really can't afford it (ingame) and have to pay rl $ or do without. It's not obligatory to fight things that really are way above your level (and should be above your level) unless you wear outrageously expensive and outrageously overpowered armour and/or weapons. Nor is it obligatory once you get these things that they stay safe and sound in your possession risk free.

I am not surprised people are complaining about the market, or are bored with EL. It's turned into an all or nothing mentality.

You know, it's kinda like signing up to play chess than crying you aren't playing checkers then trying to get the maker of chess to turn his game into checkers. EL wasn't made to be an instant gratification game. The point is in the strategy and choices and paths one takes to accomplish a variety of goals. You were supposed to earn your way up. :P

wtf are you talking about?

I was commenting on your rostogol stone comment.

I never said new characters should get expensive gear. They should work for it.

Maybe.

But NMT cape was the biggest mistake of EL. Why? It's not brakeable (will be in few weeks, maybe), it reduce brake rate of armor/weapons so there is less demand of them (manuers mix them, but there is no1 to use them), you need rosto for it that raise it's price, doesn't required nexus, ppl fighting in high armors which reduce dmg so less he's and sr's needed and noob can buy it/wear it if he have enough $. This need asap tweak.

Let's take a look at artificer cape, req human nexus 10, it's rate is same as NMT both perks cost 7 pp's, so why doesn't NMT have any restrictions?

Are you KIDDING me? Most people in this game lose shit from PK / Instancing / Invasion. We don't break much training regardless because unless you train on shit 30 levels above you, your block rate should be good. Also, I train in Steel Chain / Aug pants / leather Boots / a Uni med / CoL / NMT. The ONLY thing I care about breaking is my CoL. The possibilities of that happening are low. The NMT is really only used in training unless you get the perk. Even then crap breaks like it's nothing. Not every Noob can afford a NMT. Sure they can probably buy one with $$ but big freaking deal? I spent lots of time ingame harvesting for mine and if it were removed, I would be VERY angry. Your posts are starting to make less and less sense. Baseless theories and ideas that make no sense except to you. The NMT is fine as it is. People are selling them left and right these days.

Also at Groomsh.

People like gaining Exp and people hate breaking armors. How can you sit there with a straight face and claim that people don't like to sit at spawns for larger amount of time and make good exp/GC per hour on their spawn. EVERYONE who wants to TRAIN would love this. The purpose of training is too beef up a/d and OA. You don't go in there simply for the sport of it. If you did you could be there for hours anyway because you'd probably be destroying them with a sword.

Staying at the spawn longer making more GC / Hour helps me in the game. It gives me the ability to train and have it pay for itself in drops. Something LOTS of people would LOVE to do. No one ingame likes to just waste money. Or they wouldn't be upset if they got bag jumped.

Maybe.

Are you KIDDING me? Most people in this game lose shit from PK / Instancing / Invasion. We don't break much training regardless because unless you train on shit 30 levels above you, your block rate should be good. Also, I train in Steel Chain / Aug pants / leather Boots / a Uni med / CoL / NMT. The ONLY thing I care about breaking is my CoL. The possibilities of that happening are low. The NMT is really only used in training unless you get the perk. Even then crap breaks like it's nothing. Not every Noob can afford a NMT. Sure they can probably buy one with $$ but big freaking deal? I spent lots of time ingame harvesting for mine and if it were removed, I would be VERY angry. Your posts are starting to make less and less sense. Baseless theories and ideas that make no sense except to you. The NMT is fine as it is. People are selling them left and right these days.

All i was trying to say was that NMT is too powerful as it is and was trying to point on artificer cape which is poweful too, but needs hiuman nexus 10. Will you tell me that this is balanced?

I don't slightly care if someone lose icd set, cause he doesn't care will how many gc i lose on fucking tools to make them he's, sr's and other shit they need and how much time i lose so you could play with monsters, don't talk like you are above me, all you just complain, but when you are to lose something you would kill for it.

More than half of you that write here are fucking hypocrites and selfish ameba's.

Never did complain, trying to point on few things that are screwing economy and you are saying i don''t make sanse?

I don't slightly care if someone lose icd set, cause he doesn't care will how many gc i lose on fucking tools to make them he's, sr's and other shit they need and how much time i lose so you could play with monsters, don't talk like you are above me, all you just complain, but when you are to lose something you would kill for it.

If you feel like that, why are you playing the game ?

I like to mix - don't feel it as lost time but relaxing, just wish I could get the enrichted ess and rare stones I need.

Edited by Zamirah

If you feel like that, why are you playing the game ?

I like to mix - don't feel it as lost time but relaxing, just wish I could get the enrichted ess and rare stones I need.

I never wrote i don't like to mix, 70% of playing the game is mixing.

Just can't get ppl who would like to play the game with everything already served.

Honestly don't know what they want, attention on forum or some changes...

@adi: why would i use my in-game name? So that you "i don't know how to play" boycott me? No thx.

Well, since no is taking this topic seriously i don't care, just i hope rosto's would raise to 100k gc.

GL & HF.

Silly threadl

If Learner wanted to spend his money for rostogols and resell them at higher price it was his fair choice. Don't like his price? Don't buy. Is there a need for drama?

Silly threadl

If Learner wanted to spend his money for rostogols and resell them at higher price it was his fair choice. Don't like his price? Don't buy. Is there a need for drama?

Agreed, and a stone for 30k is a pretty good insurance to make sure you keep your gear worth several 100k if you die so maby they should cost alot more :blink:

@adi: why would i use my in-game name? So that you "i don't know how to play" boycott me? No thx.

So, not even willing to divulge who you are and wreak whatever wrath your opinions cause?... obviously you're not too confident in your stance.

Well, since no is taking this topic seriously i don't care, just i hope rosto's would raise to 100k gc.

Again, i have to wonder if you'd be so forthright without your anonymity... personally i won't give any weight to anything you say at all, until you have the guts to state who you are.

EDIT:

Heh silly me, didn't even think to look at old posts of yours (thx to the person who did :P )

So you're aiwendil from ALCH guild eh?

High alch, harv, manu, pot... and relatively low a/d... hmmm

I'm guessing invasions aren't really your scene... being too high a/d for a <50 area, but getting creamed in <100 area... and i'm only guessing here; but you've already said mixing is "70%" of EL for you, so it's probably a very long road before you can partake in some of the more fun PvE stuff.

I can see how someone such as yourself wouldn't be too concerned with a high rosto price... but you have to consider a wider scope of players than just those in your situation :P

Edited by Korrode