Eternal Lands Official Forums
SenZon

Boycott Learner

lol, spended 450k on AP pots in a day, lost a rostogol and HS med helping someone kill the dragon, did i charge him for it? nope

another dragon where i spend TS pots, MI essies and lots of fire arrows to bring it on low hp for someone else to come in and get the kill for quest, he did want me to get the scale though, but i donated it to a friends bot

not something someone greedy would do :)

the instances and invasion? just to pass the time, even lost a rosto in that 1 invasion, nothing greedy about that

nothing special about that though, there are countless others who do this and probably more, just proving your arguement wrong

*theres enough demand and offer, i didnt say the problem is that. read before you write, theres enough rosto's going around on bots and learner has 50+

i just said greed is the problem, others confirmed that by taking action

come back to argue when you learned to read, and can come up with some valid arguementations :)

You spend 450k gc on AP, so pr0, u did it for yourself.

Who wouldn't help a friend even if it cost him a life?

You lost 1 rosto in invasion but you could/did find death bag with col in it.

Learner is main topic for a few days now, only cause he bought rostos. How many other players have large quantities of rostos, bindings, efe's, ele's... in sto?

No1 would do something if there isn't some benefit for him, thats human nature, same as greed.

lol, spended 450k on AP pots in a day, lost a rostogol and HS med helping someone kill the dragon, did i charge him for it? nope

another dragon where i spend TS pots, MI essies and lots of fire arrows to bring it on low hp for someone else to come in and get the kill for quest, he did want me to get the scale though, but i donated it to a friends bot

not something someone greedy would do :)

the instances and invasion? just to pass the time, even lost a rosto in that 1 invasion, nothing greedy about that

nothing special about that though, there are countless others who do this and probably more, just proving your arguement wrong

*theres enough demand and offer, i didnt say the problem is that. read before you write, theres enough rosto's going around on bots and learner has 50+

i just said greed is the problem, others confirmed that by taking action

come back to argue when you learned to read, and can come up with some valid arguementations :)

You spend 450k gc on AP, so pr0, u did it for yourself.

Who wouldn't help a friend even if it cost him a life?

You lost 1 rosto in invasion but you could/did find death bag with col in it.

Learner is main topic for a few days now, only cause he bought rostos. How many other players have large quantities of rostos, bindings, efe's, ele's... in sto?

No1 would do something if there isn't some benefit for him, thats human nature, same as greed.

Not all benefits involve money or are only for yourself. I've never expected to make any gc profit from this shake-up from the beginning.

That wasn't meant only for you it's for everyone.

I'm not attacking you, but you are selling rostos for 50k, that you are selling them for 20-25k it would be other story. But your decision is rational, who would sell something for lower then he payed. Your reason for doing it may be to shake-up market or something else, we can't know since we can't read your mind, but i don't care, it's your choice and your right.

That wasn't meant only for you it's for everyone.

I'm not attacking you, but you are selling rostos for 50k, that you are selling them for 20-25k it would be other story. But your decision is rational, who would sell something for lower then he payed. Your reason for doing it may be to shake-up market or something else, we can't know since we can't read your mind, but i don't care, it's your choice and your right.

You need to read, that wasn't it at all. He didn't think :'( people sell rostos too cheap less than what they payed for.

He wanted YOU to compete with ME and OTHERS about the rostos. We were all bending over and taking it from the Bots who were over charging anyway. Then players instead of reducing prices to make more people come to them and become a haggle fest, they made the prices MORE or the SAME as the bots original price. Giving us an over charged economy on rostos.

Look at my Harvest Shop, I did it to compete with GenX and other harvesters trying to sell their ores for 3.5 and other ridiculous prices. Now a large sum of the harvesters have reduced prices because it's easier / faster / better to just order from my shop than it is to pay 4gc for 5k Iron.

People need to learn how to fight with prices. Instead of raising them when your opponent raises them, DROP them. You'll find A LOT of business and find yourself constantly in the positive on GC.

My .02

I know it wasn't, but my point is that u can't trust everyone.

It's easier to dump prices than raise them, except for rare items, rosto for example.

If u can mass produce something it's easy to lower price, but for that u need more than 1-3 players in order to satisfy demand.

But, problem is that for example:

Someone harvest silver ore and is paid 2.5 gc for each, you are paid 2.5 for your work.

Now someone who is mixing HE's, need to harv 2 silver ore (5 gc), 1 chrysanteum (0.5 gc) and feasting (2 gc), that all is 7.5 gc each only ings and ppl want to buy at that price, but where is paid work to mix them?

But to dump price of rosto, it's need about 200-300 of them. I doubt players will buy that many of them from shop. And same goes for bindings and efe's and other rare things.

maybe you should read the topic, and check out Forevers harvesting shop, silver ore will go back to 2gc each, and alot of people mix with toads, not feasting

Your reason for doing it may be to shake-up market or something else, we can't know since we can't read your mind

read the topic, or maybe talk to him. he explained why he did it countless times

you come to a topic complaining without having read anything O.o

1) its absolutely normal and understandable, that the ingame price for items, that you can (nearly) only get from the $-Shop is constantly rising. The reason is, that ingame inflation (gc) is higher than RL-inflation ($)

2) its absolutely ridiculous to blame ppl for making an offer thats way out of normal price range: you just dont buy from them

3) if learner buys up many rostogols ingame (for gc), then this could be countered with buying more rostos from the shop, BUT:

- not everyone buys from the shop. ppl who dont buy from the shop are affected by a (temporary) scarcity and complain

- ppl who buy from the shop with the intention to sell them ingame have a (temporary) benefit from the higher price they can sell for (to learner)

as long as learner buys all rostos the pressure is on the players to buy rostos from shop for themselves OR buy them and place them on their bots and ban Learner from those bots (and dispense with the extra gc).

More or less what learner does is selling gc from the shop at 11k per 1 $ (iicc). Lets see how long he can supply that :)

1) its absolutely normal and understandable, that the ingame price for items, that you can (nearly) only get from the $-Shop is constantly rising. The reason is, that ingame inflation (gc) is higher than RL-inflation ($)

2) its absolutely ridiculous to blame ppl for making an offer thats way out of normal price range: you just dont buy from them

3) if learner buys up many rostogols ingame (for gc), then this could be countered with buying more rostos from the shop, BUT:

- not everyone buys from the shop. ppl who dont buy from the shop are affected by a (temporary) scarcity and complain

- ppl who buy from the shop with the intention to sell them ingame have a (temporary) benefit from the higher price they can sell for (to learner)

as long as learner buys all rostos the pressure is on the players to buy rostos from shop for themselves OR buy them and place them on their bots and ban Learner from those bots (and dispense with the extra gc).

More or less what learner does is selling gc from the shop at 11k per 1 $ (iicc). Lets see how long he can supply that :)

As I've said before, I'm not continuing to buy up the rostos. I only bought up the ones that were on the bots when I was doing the mass purchasing. What I did was to make a statement and get people to think, not to try to control the market.

It's not like you NEED rostos to play EL.

You are making these choices:

1. "I want to wear fancy expensive stuff I can't afford to replace" (it's not like there isn't other stuff to wear or other lesser creatures/players to fight, or non-death threatening things to eat to mix, or safer things to harvest)

2. "I don't want to pay the risk-factor price inherent in all games" (have your cake and eat it too?)

3. "I choose to pay more gc to negate that risk factor" (people are lucky this option exists at all, can't see why everybody thinks it should be cheap)

Funny, I know a lot of people here who very happily played before rostos even existed. There was a lot less complaining then too.

Funny, I know a lot of people here who very happily played before rostos even existed. There was a lot less complaining then too.

Yea but look at the cost of items sense then also :pickaxe:

Yea but look at the cost of items sense then also :pickaxe:

So? It's not obligatory every player from beginner up have the best stuff when they really can't afford it (ingame) and have to pay rl $ or do without. It's not obligatory to fight things that really are way above your level (and should be above your level) unless you wear outrageously expensive and outrageously overpowered armour and/or weapons. Nor is it obligatory once you get these things that they stay safe and sound in your possession risk free.

I am not surprised people are complaining about the market, or are bored with EL. It's turned into an all or nothing mentality.

You know, it's kinda like signing up to play chess than crying you aren't playing checkers then trying to get the maker of chess to turn his game into checkers. EL wasn't made to be an instant gratification game. The point is in the strategy and choices and paths one takes to accomplish a variety of goals. You were supposed to earn your way up. :pickaxe:

maybe you should read the topic, and check out Forevers harvesting shop, silver ore will go back to 2gc each, and alot of people mix with toads, not feasting

Your reason for doing it may be to shake-up market or something else, we can't know since we can't read your mind

read the topic, or maybe talk to him. he explained why he did it countless times

Toad is 1.5 gc so it's same. Well see if forever's plan will work, so don't say things that arn't 100%, i hope it will.

Looks like you believe in honesty, but you yourself arn't honest.... And stop being broken record.

Didn't know that money currency in EL have become $. Well since it's allowed to evil rich ppl to dictate economy, than suffer, it doesn't concern me.

Toad is 1.5 gc so it's same. Well see if forever's plan will work, so don't say things that arn't 100%, i hope it will.

Looks like you believe in honesty, but you yourself arn't honest.... And stop being broken record.

Didn't know that money currency in EL have become $. Well since it's allowed to evil rich ppl to dictate economy, than suffer, it doesn't concern me.

If you pay attention to market, it's working already.

1.5gc for toads yes. That's average, that's fair. The level required and the harvesting time spent matches up to that. They are still a 1 EMU item, so it doesn't take long to build up 10k~ Toads.

@Aislinn

Yes, no one is required to carry or equip items that would require the use of rostogols. Some players do though - for the purposes of fighting in invasions & instances, training in expensive gear or even mixing at storage with toadstools. This is part of what makes the game fun for some players.

An increase in price or decrease in availability of rostogol stones has the potential to reduce the amount of fun for these players, or increase the amount of time required to earn gc for and/or find rostogols. That's all I'm saying, anyway; I'm not saying it's the end of the world as we know it.

So one day, 100+ rostogols are available on bots for ~30k, the next day they are not - and all because of some conversation many of us did not take part in on channel 6.

We all know no one has to fight in invasions or instances, train creatures with high crits, mix with poisonous toadstools, pk on drop maps, complete the recent fighting quests or whatever.

@Aislinn

That's all I'm saying, anyway; I'm not saying it's the end of the world as we know it.

And yet people are saying they will quit without them being available at whatever price they are expecting.

So one day, 100+ rostogols are available on bots for ~30k, the next day they are not - and all because of some conversation many of us did not take part in on channel 6.
Seems to me if people wanted or needed those specific rostos, they would have already bought them. Nobody was buying them and people were complaining about that. So somebody bought them and people are complaining about that. What is the difference if they are personally used by Learner or put on the market for 50k gc?

What if 100+ people each went and bought 1? Same end result. How is your fun ruined if somebody else bought a rosto you did not want to buy?

We all know no one has to fight in invasions or instances, train creatures with high crits, mix with poisonous toadstools, pk on drop maps, complete the recent fighting quests or whatever.
Sure you can. You can still fight in invasions, you don't NEED to wear ice dragon armour to do so. You can mix with toadstools, you don't NEED to wear ice dragon armour for that either (and you also have antidote potions). You can still pk on drop maps, no need to wear ice dragon armour and nmt capes to pk. Aren't pkers complaining that the fun used to be in the drops and nobody drops anymore? And of course you can do the recent quests. They weren't meant to be finished in a day.

People weren't hoarding them, that's generally a good thing. That means they're available, now they're not. Many people don't hoard rostogols, they buy 1 or 2 when they need them.

Many agree you need a CoL to mix with toadstools. You need a rosto to wear a CoL. You can't use an anti each time you get 1x poison or the cost of mixing with toadstools becomes self-defeating.

Edit: And I'm not sure where you're coming from with choosing the most expensive armor in game as your example. You can't tank tough invasion or instance mobs without a CoL - or at the very least, it would be ridiculously difficult to do so. You can wear augmented armor or yellow skirt, you still need a CoL - which requries a rostogol.

Edited by chr0nik

People weren't hoarding them, that's generally a good thing. That means they're available, now they're not. Many people don't hoard rostogols, they buy 1 or 2 when they need them.
They were available before, nobody wanted them, they were too expensive. They are available now, nobody wants them, they are too expensive.

I ask again, what is the difference?

Many agree you need a CoL to mix with toadstools. You need a rosto to wear a CoL. You can't use an anti each time you get 1x poison or the cost of mixing with toadstools becomes self-defeating.
Toadstools are not your only food option. And even so, toadstools were designed to have an element of risk to combat having no cooldown.

Edit: And I'm not sure where you're coming from with choosing the most expensive armor in game as your example. You can't tank tough invasion or instance mobs without a CoL - or at the very least, it would be ridiculously difficult to do so. You can wear augmented armor or yellow skirt, you still need a CoL - which requries a rostogol.
I almost never wear a CoL to fight in, and absolutely not in run of the mill everyday training situations. I wear augs, maybe a tit chain with that, iron helmet, and the lowest weapon i can manage if I need one at all. I am very happy playing EL without the best of the best. I consider the risks and dress accordingly for everything. If I have no antidotes, I don't mix with toadstools if I don't feel like buying any.

But I am still fascinated by the concept that Learner ruined the market by buying some items that were for sale that nobody else wanted at the price they were offered at for a long time. They would still be sitting on those bots unbought, unused...but nobody would be crying about it.

Sure everybody has things they like to do better, items they prefer, and of course everybody wants it risk free. And yet that's what makes this a game worth playing: the changes, the uncertainties, the challenges, the dangers, the ups and downs, good and bad. I don't think we all signed up for a safe fashion show.

Who is nobody? Who are all these people complaining about rostogols that prompted this whole act? Who are these players quitting because they can't get rostogols at whatever price they consider reasonable? A dozen players on 6? Is there ever a time when someone is not whining on channel 6? Players were buying rostogols before, bot owners have said they were selling. Whoever these players are you keep referencing aren't representative of all of us.

And yes, that's where my entire point started when I replied to you. We all play this game differently. I know you don't wear a CoL and you don't fight in invasions, however I do because it's fun. I need rostogols to do that. I see 8 on dobreath bots atm around ~30k. Any increase in demand such as a global invasion will easily reduce that number to 0. Then prices go up or rostogols aren't available and I won't wear a CoL or fight in invasions. That would be less fun for me.

If Learner had not purchased every last rostogol available on bots, others would have continued purchasing them. Nowhere have I said he ruined the market, he just made a purchasing decision supposedly to prove some point, but has in reality done nothing but reduce the number of rostogols available in game.

I'm really not sure where you're pulling much of your argument from - nowhere have I said I expect my in game actions to be risk free and I'm definitely not crying. Maybe I'm inept at communicating. In any case, I keep repeating myself nearly every time I post and need to stop now. It'll all correct itself over time anyway. So I skip a few Bethel invasions in the interim and call my therapist a few times, end of story.

Considering Learner's bots have dropped their prices to 35k, the price won't go up much. And it'll still be only a temporary thing.

The price will be stabilized once again long before people stop complaining about this... a one-time action of this nature may cause "temporary havoc", but in the long run can't effect things.

Prices for bricks increased over time due to a slow increase due to greed by a large number of players, not because one person did anything in particular. This will in the end have no effect on the price, and that's starting to show already.

Edited by Burn

Who the "nobody" is? I didn't say nobody is buying rostos. I said nobody was buying the rostos on the bots that had rostos sitting for certain prices for a long time. Learner bought those rostos.

I am pretty sure Learner did not buy all of the rostos available, even in the beginning when this started. You have to remember that all bots are not listed on dogbreath's site, and they started blacklisting him as well. Plus I am pretty sure players themselves also have rostos to sell that are not on bots. There were and still are rostos available. I don't think Learner's actions are making a rosto shortage in EL.

As to the rest, of course people play differently. But to say the lack of a rosto will cause you to quit? Yes people have said that. To have stuff they really can't manage ingame or afford to lose/replace because they didn't work their way up and learn the skills needed to earn it, just "bought" it from somebody? Yes there are people in that position. To be bored because there is nothing left after buying a pr0 character and buying items and gc and having every item money can buy and then some? Yes people are in that boat too. It's all over forums, it's of course in @6, and #gm's...

So it ends up not fun for these people and they want to change the game to suit their style of play or they quit.

I am merely saying that maybe some people should rethink what they expect from EL. It wasn't made for instant gratification and personal greed, we are seeing the results of too many people playing that way.

I hope Learners actions live up to the apparent all truistic motive that led to the rosto scandal of '09

I also hope character buying becomes a bannable offense :pickaxe:

So I skip a few Bethel invasions in the interim and call my therapist a few times, end of story.

Hmm i attended few bethel invasions and never had CoL or a rosto and still had loads of fun...

Well... i didn't want to post in the topic... but this is my sight.

I'm amazed how some people think that what 3 or 4 players say in channel 6 is the most common oppinion from ALL EL COMUNITY.

Certainly the lack of rostos at a reasonable price reduce my concern of "fun" in this game. I enjoyed too much to go to instances, this situation just destroyed our team. I lost my last rosto in a invasion at Ida mines when hundres of trolls spawn over me.

It takes me like 4 or 5 day to get the gcs for buy a rosto (wich i still didn't get), i can't find a better way to make gcs...

Since i only have 90 hp from atributes i can't train on lions anymore without risking my complete armor... also can't go back to armed orc because the critical hits... should i go back to ogres at 80 a/d? ... Should i reset and rebuild my atributes only because "a CoL isn't a need"...

My 'fun' concept also includes ranging... a week ago i carried a rosto with my recurve bow... now that hasn't sence (it cost 30kgc)...

In my lazy time i harvest tit ores, really hard to do with 90hp and without wearing some steel armor...

Even i can't try to go ahead on the new quests...

So I wont participate on Invasions, maybe 1 or 2 instances more if i can get a team, i wont train anymore, i wont buy/sell from players or bots...