Eternal Lands Official Forums
SenZon

Boycott Learner

If his intentions are truly so noble, and really meant as a helping hand to the community, he could just sell the stones at a lower price and take the loss.

I'm not saying your guess about his intentions is necessarily incorrect, but the facts at hand hardly support your guess.

Have you considered PM'ing him? :D

If he just sells for less, no one will under cut him, he'd under cut them. Making it pointless.

Making it high and forcing players hands may seem more drastic but more effective in the long run.

this year?

they used to be 15k, then 20k, 25k, 30k, 35k and now the price is trying to be upped to 50k

This year they were 20-25k, and their current price is 30-33k. Where the fuck did you come up with those prices??

The 50k is what I'm currently offering them at.

Yeah, but you are not the only rightful holder of rostos. If I sell mine at 2 billion gold coins, that doesn't mean the price is 2 billion gold coins, it means that's what I, one person, sell them at.

if you, as 1 person, hold all, or most of all the rosto's you can get price up, in this case up to 50k if he succeeds

his point doesnt even make sense, he thinks we shouldnt complain about price but all he does is harvest with a pickaxe, ofcourse he thinks the price of rosto's is right cause he neever uses them

increase the price of a pickaxe to 50k each at NPC and it will be a different story

Edited by Infamous

If he just sells for less, no one will under cut him, he'd under cut them. Making it pointless.

Making it high and forcing players hands may seem more drastic but more effective in the long run.

LOL

Wherever you got your logic from, I suggest you return there for a refund.

Pick axes aren't rare items.

They also don't save your inventory when you die. Oh, they aren't available from shop last time I checked either. How about players start using all of the other fancy weapons and armors EL has to offer. Instead of being so dependent on a special item meant to be rare, why not try to find fun elsewhere?

Sora, you're crazy! We need to stay competitive! PK will die and so will demand for items!!~!11

Let it hit rock bottom.

Edited by sora_barzahd

wow, i can't believe all this hubub. this afternoon there were 10 rostos on two bots, both learners and all at 50k. This evening i put 10 rostos on simba for 45k ea, problem solved. Now there are 33 rostos on bots for under 50k. Supply/demand, it's simple st00f.

If his intentions are truly so noble, and really meant as a helping hand to the community, he could just sell the stones at a lower price and take the loss.

Very true. Sell big amounts of rostogols at a lower price. People will have to lower their prices to compete with you.

Bye Bye Newbies. Will drive even more people away

That doesn't make much sense to me. Newbies who find rostogols just sell them anyway, most likely, after they figure out what in the world they are. Higher prices are better for them.

Having thought on this a bit more I concede you are right in regard to low level newbies. :D

wow, i can't believe all this hubub. this afternoon there were 10 rostos on two bots, both learners and all at 50k. This evening i put 10 rostos on simba for 45k ea, problem solved. Now there are 33 rostos on bots for under 50k. Supply/demand, it's simple st00f.

:D:) :) :confused: :confused:

So..... "problem solved" huh?

Rostogol stones WERE ~30Kgc....

You sell on your bot for +15Kgc....

:bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

if you, as 1 person, hold all, or most of all the rosto's you can get price up, in this case up to 50k if he succeeds

Yeah, because he is the only person in game that can buy them from the shop, right? I mean, others are not allowed to buy them and sell them for 30K or even 1K if they want.

Anything that prevents you from buying from the shop and sell at 30k?

*bow to Learner*

He have guts. There are 4 possibilities of what he is trying to do:

1. monopoly on rostos so he can get even more gc for himself

2. testing market to see if there are some other ppl with guts (i doubt) that will try to keep price of rosto as it was

3. some number of market population will get greedy and sell at 50k or a bit lower

4. whine, whine, whine

Let the game begin :D

P.S i can't do anything about that since i don't have rostos and don't have $ to buy them from shop. But my vote is between 3 and 4 :)

Anything that prevents you from buying from the shop and sell at 30k?

Yes..

I choose to pay my rent and keep my son fed rather than buy/supply rostogol stones to a market that others feel the need to fuck over.

... but I do think that you have abused your position in the game greatly by doing this. People obviously give you mass amounts of GC in return for your other game services and to use this and your obvious domination of the EL lottery to artificially raise prices is disgusting. Gratz.

Sorry, I disagree with you. Is it a crime that he is rich enough to buy up scarce resources? I just hope you're not American or British!

I personally think LRNR did this for a joke and can do a 'Robin Hood' and give them out for free if he chooses. He can afford it anyway. Unfortunately, if he does that he will be shot down by people like you for devaluing the almighty rosto!

I don't understand why people are screaming when there are still rostos to be had for far less than that if you look properly. Not all rostos sit in bot inventories. And in any case, the only person who can really create a rosto monopoly is radu. Learner is not a threat until he also buys up all the EFEs, bindings, etc in game! :devlish:

So I do think he has been naughty. Abusive? certainly not.

It's all the same what he sells for. If you want to make ppl bend over you start buying rostos for high price.

Now what we have here is Learners bots selling rostos 50k ea and buying at 32k ea.

Bulk rosto from shop = 4$ ea. For 32k you get $$$ ~ gc for 8k. This has also been the so called Black Market price for game moolah. See the motive?

You need fast risk free in game cash and got too much money RL - buy rostos and sell them to Learners bots. Won't buy unlimited, but still.

Gc sellers will stop their business due to it being waste of time (need to up it 1k for it to be tempting), there are games that give better $/hour ratio. Or they just make Learners bots bend over by buying rostos themselves, selling to them and then selling the gc again while ripping few peeps with rostos on own bots. Flawed and unlikely.

Still interesting approach.

Yes..

I choose to pay my rent and keep my son fed rather than buy/supply rostogol stones to a market that others feel the need to fuck over.

So your finances are so bad that even spending, say, 20 bucks a month extra would render you homeless and your son would starve? And you dare to talk about my game's economy???

Just dont buy them.

Stop doing things that you feel require you to carry a rosto.

Dont go to invasions, train in less expensive items, train on lower mobs if you want to train in ya l33t dragon armour.

There are ways around not using Rosto's .

Is 50k to much for a Rosto, IMO yes, but Learner isnt holding a gun to your head making you have to use Rosto's.

If dont like the price dont buy. Simple isnt it ?

Yes..

So your finances are so bad that even spending, say, 20 bucks a month extra would render you homeless and your son would starve? And you dare to talk about my game's economy???

Ent, I don't agree with Paul but I disagree with you as well. There are (many) peopl to whom $20 is a mighty big deal and can decide whether they starve or not. There was a time I couldn't not even afford the bus fare to church and only survived because the hostel I lived in provided meals.

Yes..

Ent, I don't agree with Paul but I disagree with you as well. There are (many) peopl to whom $20 is a mighty big deal and can decide whether they starve or not. There was a time I couldn't not even afford the bus fare to church and only survived because the hostel I lived in provided meals.

In my country the converting with dollar is 1:3.80 ... that means my salary is about u$s 440 ... that means i should spend a 5% of my incoming...

Besides Paypal isn't available here.

I don't have Paypal, we don't have euro/$.

A click on my mouse is all I need to pay other games, for this do I need to go to a bank and buy an euro- check - more expensive for me.

I would like to buy from the shop if it could be done easier and cheaper.

OK, I had to read this later than usual or my morning coffee would have been all over the screen ROFL is all I can say.

This whole thing started because people were bitching and complaining at rostos being over-priced and I believe the term almost unavailable was used at some point. You were not buying the rostos at 30k, you were either finding elsewhere or doing without, learner bought the items you said you would not buy because they were overprice - so he bought an item that most on 6 said they would refuse to pay that much for.

SO now he has those over-priced items and has increased the price in accordance to the channel 3 idiot fest that followed - people were asking up to 75k that I saw, he is undercutting them. You were refusing to buy them anyway so how on earth have you lost anything? other than around 6 hours of your life bitching about a situation that you were ALREADY bitching about in the first place.

Maybe I am not giving Learner's ebul genius status enough credit, but I honestly believe there is a lesson here - be careful what you bitch about - it can ALWAYS get worse :devlish:

Paypal isn't available here too. :/

In Egypt, you can live like a king with 500 USD a month. :devlish: You can rent an expensive big apartment, eat at a fancy restaurant every day, finance a nice car, send your kids to university and still have some savings.

Edited by hussam

It is possible that Learner was attempting to decrease the find rate of rostos by removing them from circulation

They are still considered "in circulation" because they are available and in game....

Well, it certainly removes them from all Practical circulation if nobody is willing to pay that price.

They are no longer moving from person to person if nobody buys/sells/gives/drops them.

And yes, I mention drops them.....because some silly folk take them to TD with them.

And yes, I mention drops them.....because some silly folk take them to TD with them.
You will be surprised at the number of people who lose their rostos in KF! :devlish:

Yes..

:devlish::):bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:

Not at all....

I would rather buy rostogol stones for gold coin than spend $5 each time I die.

Over the 3+ years I have played I have only made 5 or 6 shop purchases (two orders of 25 rostogol stones/some EFE/2 bot payments/1 bot blessing/p2p for life/full private stats).

So it was 7 purchases. On those rostogol stone purchases I sold 20 of them and kept 5 for myself at a time when rostogol stones were ~16Kgc (at this time from my experience EL market was flowing quite well)

Now the EL market is shit. It's hard to find people buying/selling almost anything (took me 4 days to find someone willing to get rid of 30K sunflowers for 10K iron ore wtf). I remember when I could post on 3 for a product and have a 95% chance at getting a PM from someone. Over the last 4 or 5 months I have not gotten a single PM back from a 3 post while trying to buy/sell multiple items.

Sometimes making things too hard to get for people causes greed... Pure and simple greed..... This is the EL market today.

OK, I had to read this later than usual or my morning coffee would have been all over the screen ROFL is all I can say.

This whole thing started because people were bitching and complaining at rostos being over-priced and I believe the term almost unavailable was used at some point. You were not buying the rostos at 30k, you were either finding elsewhere or doing without, learner bought the items you said you would not buy because they were overprice - so he bought an item that most on 6 said they would refuse to pay that much for.

SO now he has those over-priced items and has increased the price in accordance to the channel 3 idiot fest that followed - people were asking up to 75k that I saw, he is undercutting them. You were refusing to buy them anyway so how on earth have you lost anything? other than around 6 hours of your life bitching about a situation that you were ALREADY bitching about in the first place.

Maybe I am not giving Learner's ebul genius status enough credit, but I honestly believe there is a lesson here - be careful what you bitch about - it can ALWAYS get worse :devlish:

yes, so in a game where its supposed to be fun you shouldnt complain when messed up things happen, just let them walk all over you and smile cause it can get worse :)

funny how buying rosto's from shop is used as alternative suggestion though