Eternal Lands Official Forums
SenZon

Boycott Learner

lol'd hard, colorful person. I couldn't possibly see why learner would ever need something other than his exc cape, only thing i've seen him do is harv anyways. Though I do miss him doing rollbacks, he used to do a top notch job.

Elgoran is obviously not an experienced EL player, obviously does not pk, and obviously needs some help.

And rofl at this market, its been crappy for a long time and getting worse everytime i revist this game.

As for learner's prices, and high rosto prices in general... PFT is all i can say.

lol'd hard, colorful person. I couldn't possibly see why learner would ever need something other than his exc cape, only thing i've seen him do is harv anyways. Though I do miss him doing rollbacks, he used to do a top notch job.

He harvest w/o cape iirc

The economy in this game is seriously flawed. There is no cap to what prices can reach. Just because certain players can afford 50k rostogols, doesn't mean everyone can. It's the same with all overprices items. At this rate, a rostogol will eventually cost more than a Col. EL is a great game. why ruin it?

Something has to be done NOW to get prices down to what they were last year. Players should stop the greed and fix the game.

Well, you can, of course, buy from the shop, or not use rostos, or buy from Learner at 50k, or wait for others to buy rostos and sell for less, or you can play some other game with a better economy, such as Runescape, where prices are always stable and hats do not cost millions. Wow, what a long phrase.

The only thing i can see is learner is trying to make some point... and the point i think is that too many ppl complain NO MATTER what the bloody price is. And no matter what the item is.

If you all just stop being bloody gready and just sold things at a reasonable price EL would have a better ecomany (sorry for spelling).

Many of you know I buy rostros from shop but I have never sold for stupid prices also I dont sell them to bot so that they can be sold on for more gcs. Just stop being greedy make a prifit but dont go over the top.

this is my own personal opion if learner has some other reason for doing this then im wrong in what i say about him but im NOT wrong in what i say about the greed of MOST of the bot owners

Honestly,

I support Learner in this :D.

People for tooooooo long have been letting bots set the prices for shit.

People claiming a MM is 11k BECAUSE bots sell for that is a load of BS. The market is what we make it :>

Well on channel 6 today few people asked me to make this.

Learner bought 116 rostos from bots for the sole reason to increase prices on rostos even more from 30k to 50k+

So just dont trade with him :D

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51763

No flames please.

Few things that can be done to get old prices back (20-25k)

[Player1 @ 6]: Don't clear invasions, simple enough

#GM from Player2: Augs and ti longs is fine as well, just train on something a bit lower then you

<Add ideas here>

Pretty much just dont do things that involve losing rostos for a while

pish learner rocks leave him alone.

Learner is awesome. I actually laughed when i heard about this thread, Its not like he owns EVERY rostogol in EL, so why are you complaining?

The economy in this game is seriously flawed. There is no cap to what prices can reach. Just because certain players can afford 50k rostogols, doesn't mean everyone can. It's the same with all overprices items. At this rate, a rostogol will eventually cost more than a Col. EL is a great game. why ruin it?

Something has to be done NOW to get prices down to what they were last year. Players should stop the greed and fix the game.

Well, you can, of course, buy from the shop, or not use rostos, or buy from Learner at 50k, or wait for others to buy rostos and sell for less, or you can play some other game with a better economy, such as Runescape, where prices are always stable and hats do not cost millions. Wow, what a long phrase.

El is the only online game I have played so I can't compare with runescape or any other online game. All I'm asking for is a cap on prices. If a rostogol is worth 50k, it should stay 50k and not double in price in less than year.

Learner in a sense is doing people a favor by not letting bots rule the economy but he's overpricing while accomplishing that.

But like Learner has said you DONT have to buy from him But yes I think Learner has done us all a fav now we know where all the rosto are (well the ones that where high piced). and now the bots that sell for a reasonable prise can make a living :D

Edit: So as to Boycott Learner?,,Answer NO ...I have never know Learner to raise prises for no reason so I have no reason to belive any thing excpet that his makeing a point. There might be some underlieing politics but i dont think this has a bering atm (sorry spelling.. am english but dont mean we can spell).

Edit silly quote mistake

Edited by bromber

El is the only online game I have played so I can't compare with runescape or any other online game. All I'm asking for is a cap on prices. If a rostogol is worth 50k, it should stay 50k and not double in price in less than year.

actually price went up 3 to 4x of what it used to be in less then a (half?) year

anyway if the point is that overpricing by bots is bad, or complaining about high prices is bad, why encourage it?

sell those rosto's for 15k if you dare, that will make a point too and make people happy

It was rare i'd do stuff that put me at significant risk of losing a rosto before, now it will be never.

When the oil price increases, do you stop going to work?

actually price went up 3 to 4x of what it used to be in less then a (half?) year

WTF? When did that happen?

this year?

they used to be 15k, then 20k, 25k, 30k, 35k and now the price is trying to be upped to 50k

This year they were 20-25k, and their current price is 30-33k. Where the fuck did you come up with those prices??

Well, it seems to me that if rosts are $5 from the shop, and the current exchange rate seems to be somewhere around 8K/$, wouldn't that make the "normal" price of a rost 40K? Anything under that would be a deal.

Anyway, it's nice to see someone with the guts (and cash) to shake things up. Always fun to rattle the cage and see all the monkeys howl.

this year?

they used to be 15k, then 20k, 25k, 30k, 35k and now the price is trying to be upped to 50k

This year they were 20-25k, and their current price is 30-33k. Where the fuck did you come up with those prices??

The 50k is what I'm currently offering them at.

The 50k is what I'm currently offering them at.

Yeah, but you are not the only rightful holder of rostos. If I sell mine at 2 billion gold coins, that doesn't mean the price is 2 billion gold coins, it means that's what I, one person, sell them at.

Well, it seems to me that if rosts are $5 from the shop, and the current exchange rate seems to be somewhere around 8K/$, wouldn't that make the "normal" price of a rost 40K? Anything under that would be a deal.

Anyway, it's nice to see someone with the guts (and cash) to shake things up. Always fun to rattle the cage and see all the monkeys howl.

Last time I checked, the price was 4 bucks if you buy them in bulk. And 4*8=?

Last time I checked, the price was 4 bucks if you buy them in bulk. And 4*8=?

Right smack in the middle of the range you stated. (I was forgetting about the bulk discount)

It was rare i'd do stuff that put me at significant risk of losing a rosto before, now it will be never.

When the oil price increases, do you stop going to work?

No, i just charge people more.

Luckily IRL when my cost of operation goes up, i can pass that on to my income source.

If fuel costs go up significantly, the minimum wage people will be willing to work for increases, so businesses have to offer more pay.

This is generally how all businesses operate, if their costs go up, it's passed on to the consumer.

However, here in EL, I don't have control of my income source, you do, so please increase monster gc drops by ~180% to compensate for this.

Edited by Korrode

A price does not matter without someone willing to do business at that price.

That is one thing that people seem to fail to consider when looking at prices from bots and players.

It is possible that Learner was attempting to decrease the find rate of rostos by removing them from circulation (because people won't pay 50K). I have said for a long time that it is likely that people do that intentionally to inflate the market prices. Hard to tell though.

It is possible that Learner was attempting to decrease the find rate of rostos by removing them from circulation

They are still considered "in circulation" because they are available and in game....

The fact is he swiped up a good percentage of the stones currently, readily available on the market, and is now selling them at a much increased price. It will have at least some effect on the global market price.

Edited by Korrode