Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gordong11

suggestion: small change to potion of crafting

I propose a slight change to potion of crafting. Nobody is selling, Nobody is making. A Titanium bar for a mid-level potion, for such a temporary boost, seems like such a waste. I know I wouldn't waste a titanium bar to, if successful, make a potion of crafting.

Perhaps change to 1-5 titanium ore, or a silver bar?

I haven't been playing EL for all that long, but I have yet to see a bot sell this potion. Which tells me nobody is making it. A titanium bar is a very steep price, valuable to so many other areas, especially when mercury is also a part of the mix. If you have the skill to spare titanium bars, and make mercury you probably are not going to need a 5point boost to crafting.

Just a thought?

I propose a slight change to potion of crafting. Nobody is selling, Nobody is making. A Titanium bar for a mid-level potion, for such a temporary boost, seems like such a waste. I know I wouldn't waste a titanium bar to, if successful, make a potion of crafting.

Perhaps change to 1-5 titanium ore, or a silver bar?

I haven't been playing EL for all that long, but I have yet to see a bot sell this potion. Which tells me nobody is making it. A titanium bar is a very steep price, valuable to so many other areas, especially when mercury is also a part of the mix. If you have the skill to spare titanium bars, and make mercury you probably are not going to need a 5point boost to crafting.

Just a thought?

I have to agree, other than making for personal use this potion isn't made at all.

A formula change wouldn't be a bad idea.

I haven't been playing EL for all that long, but
advice: never post that :D

I have level 91 pot and level 65 crafting. Why is only personal use such a bad thing? I had use the potions for myself whilst training craft and made many for friends too. The formula is on par with the other skill potions. I've found that making them isn't too much hassle to be honest and the benefit is notable.

Gordong, if you need help making them, feel free to PM me :D

I haven't been playing EL for all that long, but I have yet to see a bot sell this potion. Which tells me nobody is making it.

Keep in mind that crafting pots DON'T stack, so it is likely that you never see a bot wasting its restricted slots for it :D

I haven't been playing EL for all that long, but I have yet to see a bot sell this potion. Which tells me nobody is making it.

Keep in mind that crafting pots DON'T stack, so it is likely that you never see a bot wasting its restricted slots for it :D

Especially since it is a low volume, low cost item, when compared to other non-stacking items (armours, weapons, most medallions). This makes it absolutely without interest for a bot owner that wants to see a return on investment, and for buyers, that mostly will want to get a 50 or so minimum at a time to have any use for them (and since a bot has only 36 trade slots, like any player...)

When I wanted some, I had no trouble finding someone to mix them for me.

Off-Topic: Give bots more then 36 slots... they are TRADE bots afterall, I don't see why they were ever restricted in the first place.

I don't see why they were ever restricted in the first place.

Probably implementation restrictions since they're basically just a normal playable character with a few special attributes (like ignoring special #days).

If someone wants unlimited "slots", they should rent a guild NPC.

I don't see why they were ever restricted in the first place.

Probably implementation restrictions since they're basically just a normal playable character with a few special attributes (like ignoring special #days).

If someone wants unlimited "slots", they should rent a guild NPC.

Problem with guild npcs is that they don't advertise themselves, nor are they pmable. :D At least, afaik.

Problem with guild npcs is that they don't advertise themselves, nor are they pmable. :D At least, afaik.

That's true (along with a bunch of other issues). They were beta code that was never completed or refined to make them anything near as good as they could have been. Even so, people use them, and they do solve the infinite-slots infinite-inventory problems.

IIRC Radu mentioned at one point make a item purchasable from the the shop that if in inventory would allow bots to have non stackable items stack(but the item would take up one slot). I dunno what happened to this maybe there were issues with implementation, i would consider buying one. The reason I don't have some of these types of potion/items on my bot is because of the slot issue. Much easier to sell these from storage direct to a player as most of the time they want more then 4-5 potions at a time.

And I'm sure if you find a potion mixer they would be happy to make you some. I've always been able to get mine from potioners in my guild.

Another way around the problem of slots is to to have a 2nd bot standing next to that one that is not blessed, but that is a $20/year cost. The main bot could grab it off of the support bot.

An item that would allow bots to stack non-stackable items would be cool too.

Another way around the problem of slots is to to have a 2nd bot standing next to that one that is not blessed, but that is a $20/year cost. The main bot could grab it off of the support bot.

An item that would allow bots to stack non-stackable items would be cool too.

Yea and the overpopulate already overpopulated bot areas.

I like the idea to remove the titanium bar from the formula though.

I am a somewhat noob to EL( in comparison, see stats below), but a veteran to MMORPG's and have done test work for SOE back in the day. I know my stuff COUGH 8P lol

I just think that mixture is bit too costly, bot selling or not. At minimum it will cost you:

2 Blue quartz

2 Cinnebar

1 Energy Essence

8 titanium ore

7 FE's

3 coal

1 meade

This potion costs like a level 50+potion but is only Level 32. Magic potion and poison antidote are higher level potions but do not cost nearly as much to make. Think about it, Mercury and a Titanium bar! I don't even think titanium is used for crafting, so there no reason why a crafter would mine it. Thats why i suggested silver instead, because silver bars are used, and heavily.

My stats:

Overall: 48/49

Attack: 33/33

Defense: 36/36

Magic: 24/24

Harvest: 31/31

Manufacture: 14/14

Alchemy: 26/26

Potion: 21/21

Summoning: 14/14

Crafting: 24/24

Engineering: 0/0

Tailoring: 0/0

Ranging: 16/16

Gods:

Aluwen (top rank)

Zarin (top rank)

Edited by gordong11

I don't even think titanium is used for crafting, so there no reason why a crafter would mine it.

Yes titanium bars ARE used in crafting....

Enhanced Iron Greaves:

1 Iron Greaves, 1 serpent stone, 4 titanium bars

Enhanced Iron Cuisses:

1 iron cuisses, 1 serpent stone, 4 titanium bars

Enhanced iron plate mail:

1 iron plate mail, 2 serpent stones, 8 titanium bars

Ah, didn't know that. Assumed it would be manu because they were armor, thanks and sorry.

Ya. I never understood that one either. hahaha

The idea is that this potion can potentially save you at least a saving stone, so it makes sense for it to be expensive.

Mol, Col, CoM, harvester medallion, saving stone, enhanced iron gear and various seridium products would be good items to mix using the crafting potions. For other things, the potion may be worth 1/5 to 1/2 of the price of the item.

Best to use this potion when bulk mixing really. That way, folk get the most value out of it and it makes the idea that it might be worth a fair amount compared to the individual items mixed rather meaningless.

I would be willing to bet that formula was designed when crafting was really hard (expensive). Since then we have threads and vials craftable, so crafting is easier now, so I think it would make sense to have a cheaper potion.

Edited by extrapolation