Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fedora

New summoning commands

Would be a nice to have a couple of movement related commands on the control summons popup

* Stop

* Follow

Basic functionality

The basic implementation should simply stop the pets in place, retaining their attack behaviour (as set with the popup) so they can still engage a fight with actors in their aggro zone.

This would add some interesting strategy (guarding, ambushes...) and would also avoid the problem with summons at storages. Just stop them, restock and unfreeze them.

Intermediate functionality

I guess the client sends the actor_id of the "used" pet, having the actor_id means having the actor_type, so the commands in the popup (also attack ones) could be issued for creature type, not just for all pets (this if the server stores the summon mode for each pet and not for the summoner only). Even better strategies.

Advanced functionality

Would be wonderful if the stop/follow command, issued while a pet is fighting, caused it (well,all of them) to try to diss.

Basic/intermediate/advanced are in order of my guess of server coding difficulty , but if implemented, they could be different behaviours of the stop/follow command at different skill levels (0,40,80).

And last, a "spread/unspread" command would be also useful: when issued the walking algorithm of your pet is switched to the animal/monster one (going around randomly/standing still)

:)

Sounds great :) - and yes would bring in some great new tactics.....

Summoned birds that spread out over a map and report back when they find Lenny etc

and would also avoid the problem with summons at storages. Just stop them, restock and unfreeze them.

hallelujah!

Summoned birds that spread out over a map and report back when they find Lenny etc

Along with stop and follow, I propose a summons count, so you can use your summons like an alarm for Lenny, PK, invasion mob hunting and so forth.

"Ok, you stay here and when you die, I'll come back and avenge you mmmkay?" Creature will agreed :closedeyes: