Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
forever

Looking for Training Advice

Now for a while with Forever I went into a pure mixing stage. I would mix nothing but BR's / HE's and such and it was good for the GC but got boring as time went on. Now I'm looking to work my A/D up as fast as possible while still mixing for myself now that it is possible.

Now my A/D is on the low side, 35/41. I've done some testing on different creatures. I can do gargs at a brisk pace and probably pop out a level every 2-3 days dependant upon how much / hard I train.

I can take Female orcs but healing is a nuisance as I heal nearly 4x as much but the exp benefit on defense / OA is OH so satisfying. Went from 40-41 defense in about 45 minutes on Female orcs, yet given such never gained not 1 Attack level and didn't get near that. Gargs are ok I just feel that the exp/hour could be better.

Mainly what I'm looking for is advice for attributes and such. I want to maximize my exp potential. My target is 80 a/d by January. Which I find 100% possible if I train hard enough.

My attributes at the current moment is:

16/20 p/c 8 Vitality everything else is 4.

I'm Perkless, no negs, no positives.

No I won't reset, don't mention it. I'm simply looking for advice on what to train on and recommended levels and such. My goal is to gain a decent bit of levels a week. I'd like for my attack to catch up to quota too with my defense.

Any advice is helpful and will probably help me reach my goal.

Thanks.

Also, take note that I don't have a CoL and probably won't for a week or 2 as I'm currently saving up GC to buy one.

read those two guides

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...t=0&start=0

(masterpiters, only you cant use TS now to reduce a/d)

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51536

(korrode's)

you can easily train up to ogres w/o COL. If you are not hit often, you could even use MOL instead.

so your A/D is 35/41 and your attribs are p/c/v 16/20/8

so i'd try fem gobs now or stay with large gargs until you can have coord 24

having coord 24 try armed male gobs (sedi) and fem gobs still.

then switch to fem orcs when its convenient.

Might be you need bit more coord (up to 28), depends.

rest is mentioned in korrode's guide.

HTH

Large Spiders - Polar Bears - Ogres - Cyclops - Fluffy

Don't increase your P/C anymore, add some more vit, maybe 4-8 instinct.. Defense + Magic Gods will help.

Large Spiders - Polar Bears - Ogres - Cyclops - Fluffy

Don't increase your P/C anymore, add some more vit, maybe 4-8 instinct.. Defense + Magic Gods will help.

I have max on both of those gods. I'm only 41 defense though, I don't think I could tank Polar bears and spiders are just garbage exp.

Have you considered snow leopards? They are at a similar level to gargs and the furs can be sold as well as the bones and raw meat - which should help fund any training costs (eg. Ess/SRs and armour)

Edited by Ringil_Oddsocks

Have you considered snow leopards? They are at a similar level to gargs and the furs can be sold as well as the bones and raw meat - which should help fund any training costs (eg. Ess/SRs and armour)

It all depends on the exp per hour and I don't know a good Snow Lep spawn.

I make all my own HE / SR so funding isn't that big a deal to me.

Cannot consider according your p/c/i/v, I am not huge fighter and can decide only thanks your a/d and the description - but noone offered you these:

According my experiences where I was training: Sedicolis is your friend :closedeyes:

Try armed fem and male goblins first, panthers should be the best for you. I spent lot of time here before I went to orcs.

Nice safe map, not so crowded, nice multiple spawns and some gc & bone/meat drops.

I hope I helped little bit, happy training! :P

Trassian is a good, small safe map and has 2 snow leopards around the fireplace. I think there's another closer to the Glacmor exit, but you'll probably not need that. You could also try IotF as there's plenty of other stuff to keep you occupied while waiting between respawns. Both maps are also good for polar bears when you get there.

In my opinion you should go to female orcs (since you have enough def for it).

In 1-2h you have that level to fight them easily .. so dont care about the few

more essences you need -> free magic exp :D

And in my opinion it does matter much much more how much exp / hour you get.

Resources (like HEs) are very low cost compared to the saved time :-)

At your levels and with def god is almost impossible to not get a gap... def will raise faster than att.

When you could 'leave' the training on ogres, there you will get more att exp.

I agree with Dipi. Just look at the a/d lvls of the next training mobs:

Female orcs: 50/30 -> more def exp

Male orcs: 60/40 -> more def exp

Polar bear: 55/50 -> more def exp

Trolls: 60/25 -> more def exp

Grizzly bear: 65/30 -> more def exp

Ogres: 70/50 -> more def exp

Ah wait, of course you can do uber-training on:

Hobgoblins: 36/40 -> more att exp

But forget this one, they are quite strong for their lvl

(and have almost the same ignore lvl like ogre)

Well, all training monsters give more def exp than att exp.

And if you get more def exp, that would mean you get even

more def exp because you reach higher def lvls earlier.

The only way out of this cycle is to get too high coordination

or too high reasoning, and both (especially coordination)

destroys your training :)

Edited by Algavo

I did hobgoblins from 39 def to 53 def with attack god, I was like 56/53 a/d when I left them, but I was 32/30 p/c which is very high for ogres, so If you wanna train fast and not big a/d gap, you can do hobgoblins with attack god till ogres, but when you reach ogres, you will have to reset... I have done only 1 reset, thats the one when I passed to ogres :devlish:

-Kaddy

I would definitely go for female orcs. There are good spawns, they drop a lot of crap that you can sell to Trik and they give good exp. I wouldn't mind too much about a/d gap. There is nearly no way around if you wanna lvl fast...

Good luck!

I did Hobgoblins -> male ogres -> armed orcs -> cyclops.

Then you should be at your target

Hobgoblins have good drops but most people don't know it since they don't fight them. Bones books swords and pots that means you have to leave the spawn since your inventory gets full of items.