Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Trading strike

*gasp* Tess you won't sell to me for fair prices? D:

I've never been for gouging either.

I also have to agree with a lot of what Infamous has stated. AS long as prices go up GC sellers get more business and prices go up again. It's a steady chain. One of the 2 needs to be broken.

Either A. We need to cut out all the bullshit with prices. 15k for a binding? 10k for a freaking serp stone? Yeah get real.

Or B. GC buying needs to be eliminated. It's been stated that it can be detected and tracable. We can stop it we choose not too. This does not mean eliminate shop buying. Infact if buying from the shop to sell to players ingame were the only source of the GC buyers income it would fluctuate the economy and bring prices down. They'd need to buy more and more bindings / Rostos etc to sell ingame and thus put mroe ingame bringing supply up to meet demand. It's a simple numbers game.

complaining about prices ? welcome to RL :)

but seriously, most complaints are just wrong.

For my BD armor i collected and bought all the ingredients myself, even the rare ones and then asked Holar to make it and he did for a fair price (saving stone secured).

I cant see how he abused his manu levels in this.

Maybe you other high level manufacturers are only not as visible with your service offer?

Next time i need manu service i'll have a close look who responds on chan3.....

Edited by Gilrain

If the supply of gc for sale on the black market were significantly diminished, I believe much of the money spent on black market gc would be spent at the EL shop. Instead of manufacturers fighting to buy increasingly rare items, it would once again be worthwhile for the average Joe to buy shop items to resell in-game. Instead of singling out a single manufacturer or bot owner, let's focus on the real problem: the gc farmers and their supply of gc for sale.

This I believe is the heart of the matter.

Rare stones come from 3 sources - harvesting, drops and el shop. (I guess a huge percentage came from the shop)

With GC selling, purchases from the EL shop got reduced - this restriction in demand caused price rise.

Admittedly the use of serp stone to reset instance timer - did trigger this with a huge shortage.

Like most I don't mind paying a fee to have an item made - top level players have earned the right for that.

@Infamous

I'm greedy cause i never go above 100k gc in sto, and for selling HE's for 8 gc

Everyone knows there are too many gc in game, so they need to go out from game. Well, in 3 weeks are x-mas holidays so why not put in game NPC who will sell some spec items for gc between X-mas and New Year period.

You also need to take into consideration those who find the stones, and want the most GC for it.. They wont sell it to someone for say, 8k.. when a bot is paying 13k for it.

I don't think the prices will go down anytime soon, unless the chance to find a stone is increased from what it is now, so there is more in-game..

Also with so many different items using the same 3-4 ingredients to make them (Serp Stones, Bindings, EFEs, EMEs) it's no wonder the prices are high, and they are harder to find.. There needs to be more items that can be used to create the items, more stones, or something.. A wider selection of items that can be used to create another item, the better it is for the prices of the items.

Anyways, good luck with trying to get the prices to drop.

It is possible that the rare ingreds drop rate does not increase when more items are added to the game that require those ingreds. Such a thing would make these rare ingreds truely rare instead of just not being harvestable.

It is possible that this is intentional. It helps the game have money for the servers, I am sure. The game has to keep running somehow. I am sure the pk server probably has much more stones found while mining. I am sure the gold membership notion would probably also help with the rare stone find rate. I accept this issue as being something I can't fix without buying the stones from the shop or waiting a long time. Quicker gratification sometimes costs a little more anyways.

I am sure anyone that needs these rare stones is in the same boat. They have to find a way to manage to get those stones which might require paying more for the stones and less for other things. For example, Holar pays squat for s2e and 13K for binding stones. I sometimes have guild events to help get the guild rich and save my wallet some stress at the same time. We all cope in our own ways.

Violence is the answer to everything... implement factionated PK, and the economical problems will be sorted out and fade into the fog of war! You have no greater goal or purpose aside from enriching yourselves, nothing to strive for aside from tedious and meaningless self-improvement, no common goal, no common enemy, so you sit around and bicker like old women over rubbish.

Tossing words around on an emptying forum is like drawing lines in the sand below the high-tide mark. You guys are like caged chickens sqwuaking at each other, you have very little physical influence on the problems that affect you, the entities governing your paths are observers from the outside, with a different view and perspective, you are slaves to their will. Your words are wasted, your efforts are futile, your actions are meaningless.

You need something to contend with, a basis for all this futile effort, somewhere else to direct your attention from your petty in-fighting and unite you against a common enemy.... you need http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51617

You know I'm right. I always am...

oh, and just to mention what's been suggested a million times before, to get rid of gold farmers: fix EL so it's impossible to run 2 clients at the same time, on one system.

Edited by St_Arcane

Also with so many different items using the same 3-4 ingredients to make them (Serp Stones, Bindings, EFEs, EMEs) it's no wonder the prices are high, and they are harder to find.. There needs to be more items that can be used to create the items, more stones, or something.. A wider selection of items that can be used to create another item, the better it is for the prices of the items.

True and I think people are getting tired of making FE and ME they dont need just because they hope to get EFEs and EMEs.

I have tried to get some EMEs for saving stones the last 2-3 weeks, both on market and made lots of ME I don't need and hate to make, I'm going to sell them to NPC, so wasted time.

And without saving stone will I loose more ingreds, so I need to take higher prices.

oh, and just to mention what's been suggested a million times before, to get rid of gold farmers: fix EL so it's impossible to run 2 clients at the same time, on one system.

pr0 idea, but what to do, when the gold farmer has 2 computers?

Or can even compile the client and remove that few lines of code, which check, if another client is already running?

Piper

I've noticed today that it isn't just holar that is gouging prices.

2 people whose names I will not mention are driving prices through the roof and actually believe that the prices are fair.

Some one actually believes that EnE values at 11 GC per. That is absolutely ridiculous, even if you buy iron / silver / Tiger's you only come to at MAX 7gc per Ess, meaning you'd have to sell for 8.5-9 to make a decent profit turn per essence. Why is it people making EnE have to sell for 8.5+ to make profit? They started valuing Iron / Silver at 3.5/2.5 and ruined their own market.

Another person actually valued a DAMAGED Cutlass today at 17kgc. I mean get real? It's damaged / used etc and you expect me to pay 17kgc for it? No.

Used steel cuisses valued at nearly 20kgc. Used people. Used armor.

Another person wants to sell a pair of SGoUD for 1.4 MILLION GC. Honestly what the heck?

These prices are getting ridiculous. The more we over charge and over value raw ingrediants for the more it's going to cost to make essences and other things meaning we'll have to over charge to make decent profit.

and @ piper:

IP ban every one \o/ and only whitelist a char per player.

Edited by forever

See? Do you see it?? This ^ proves my theory about bickering like old women.

We need drastic action... power to the people! Life is not about what you have, prices of inanimate objects! The things you own, end up owning you. You are not defined by what you posess, but rather by your actions and their effect on those around you! Quit squabbling over a handfull of coin. Forget those meaningless items, take control of your lives!

Rise above it. You are better than this.

Or can even compile the client and remove that few lines of code, which check, if another client is already running?

Piper

Don't be daft pip. Anyone who farms coins in a game like EL for a living, won't have a degree in IT. Also, so what if they have 2 PC's? Then let them exploit it, but you get rid of those who do not have 2 PC's. And ontop of that, the amount of people playing from the same IP would be narrowed down greatly, so it will be piss to seperate the farmers from actual players.

For Aluwen's sake, think before you type. :closedeyes:

Edited by St_Arcane

Anyone who farms coins in a game like EL for a living, won't have a degree in IT. Also, so what if they have 2 PC's? Then let them exploit it, but you get rid of those who do not have 2 PC's.

Oh, youre talking about chinese gold farmers? Thats right, but their boss might have and let them work with a prepared (unofficial) client.

Or they use stuff like virtualBox or Virtual PC to run more than one official client.

Anyways, i dont think, that gold farming right now is the reason for the high prizes nowadays.

Remember, this discussion startet *AFTER* radu implemented the mini-events, which seem to have an impact at gold farming.

Piper

No Pip. Never even hinted at Chinese. Just go have a look at the unoff forum market, and you will see what I mean. But this discussion is borderline heresy on these forums, so I'll not be lured out to say more.

back on topic:

BREAK THE MOULD! Rise above these mainstream habits! DO not be lured into meaningless arguements and pointless discussions about (*coughor* *withcough*) common trash.

Power to the people!

Yea power to the people in a game where common sense is irrelevant. Nothing drastic will ever be changed, $ needs to be made which currently is and always will be the main focus of this game.

Piper

Sorry for the offtopic, but if it's made server-side, there won't be a problem. By default, you can only log in 1 client from the same IP address. Some people want to be white listed? That's fine. IMO mods already whitelist families/etc to allow them to trade with each other. Would onyl put some extra checking if the white listed people aren't really the same person.

Sorry for the offtopic, but if it's made server-side, there won't be a problem. By default, you can only log in 1 client from the same IP address.

That would only stop 12 year old kids from gold farming, but nothing more.

If you want to discuss that with me and try convince me, try to catch me in game, but dont post here offtopic stuff :closedeyes:

But lets stay on topic, i still think, gold farming has nothing to do with the sky rocketing prizes IMO.

And i dont even see a problem with high prizes.

Some good stuff is meant to be rare, so it's expensive, nothing wrong with that.

About overpriced essies: If they are close to NPC price, just dont care about the 1 or 0.5 gc you pay less to players. Buy it from NPC's and players will lower their prizes to get buyers again.

Simple like hell. :P

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

It is currently difficult to do that, but not impossible. Even if you made it impossible on the typical Windows system though, it would be difficult to stop on Linux, Mac or a multi-user Windows setup like Windows NT. It still would not solve the problem of farming anyways....since some folk have multiple computers. It would only limit them to 1 character per computer and slow them down if you could make such a restriction.

Honestly though, I have enjoyed harvesting on one char and fighting or doing an event on the other and I do not gold farm or do illegal multi.

St_Arcane is right, by the way. This discussion is meaningless. Why? Because it has all been said 20+ times over. As I said in an earlier post, this topic is a repeat. The only different is that some people decide to target specific individuals like Holar. Oh wait....he has been accused of market wrecking in 3 or so other threads. lol Anyways....

Edited by nathanstenzel

Yea power to the people in a game where common sense is irrelevant. Nothing drastic will ever be changed, $ needs to be made which currently is and always will be the main focus of this game.

^ true dat

just now, and invasion in bethel with tons of bears/white tigers/hawks and DC/FC and MC..

thats a 99% certain death, lets just stop invasions if they go like this and just ask $ from players instead

or $5 required to log in, you get 10mins session time

Yeah \o/ another thread about the ecemony \o/

Radu, please change many things, all go wrong!

Oh yes, i'm a nOOb, a nobody, anyone else know more and ofc, play better, longer, whatever here as me.... \o/

I've read and follow this thread, like many others in this case, a long time i was always quiet but now i think it's time for a post, because....

I think what we all miss here is:

Get(-together)AmazingMachineryEntertainment fights always against: ReallyEntertainmentAboutlifeInvestTurnYears

/sarcasm on/

So Radu make the following changes and all would be happy:

1.) remove the pk-server (only many work for you to supprt it, no income)

2.) remove all free client stuff, make the game to a commercial game only (i pay honestly xx$)

3.) remove all rare things from the game and make those only avaible from your shop or whatever

4.) you know more, remove it

21562157... thanks radu, now you can read only ever 12 month 1 thread like this, all fits perfect

/sarcasm off/

Ok Radu, now, you know your part, do it please!

now without sarcasm a statement to the 'BM':

many complain about this market out of the GAME, anyone ask why this market is?? Of course, it's Radu's fail, he go and buy there what ever he want to play the game, we as players don't use this.....not the player who buy/sell there, it's only Radus fail!

And for all that will missread this read again the Get...---part

All what i have to say in short?? why we, as players don't see the part, it's a game witch include many fun however the things are?? Can't you really not relax only for the reason player XX have an item more than you?? Can you really not relax only why a devloper-team want earn some money?

Go on and snap me

Lartherel

Edit before the edit: oh and please don't forget to tell me a**licker, bad speller, whatever you want*

i'll pay $100 a year subscription fee with no ''xtra perk due to $$'' if you ban GC sales :closedeyes:

*edit* or premium account whatever you want to call it as long as you put mohawks on gnomes and im allowed one , oh and GC sales banned :P

*edit 2* Tiruns reading the thread I hope he posts thats what we need some Tirun input hell yeh

Edited by Ateh

please if we needed someone to repeat the same sentence over and over again with different working every time we'd call upon tirun to post for us.

please if we needed someone to repeat the same sentence over and over again with different working every time we'd call upon tirun to post for us.

Lol they'll keep posting it.

Doubt anything will change anyway, as long as top players are still making loads of GC off their bindings and crap they won't change.

offtopic:

get on skype D:

Yes! Yes! Finally you lot are seeing the light! The time for words are over, now we need to turn to action! When I get home from work I shall organise a protest march for this weekend! It shall be legendary!

Power to the people!!

Yes! Yes! Finally you lot are seeing the light! The time for words are over, now we need to turn to action! When I get home from work I shall organise a protest march for this weekend! It shall be legendary!

Power to the people!!

Just wondering...what did they put in your drink?!