Eternal Lands Official Forums
Infamous

Trading strike

Raytray, I do understand the reasoning behind the CoL price, my point is that, the raws shouldn't cost near that much. It all comes down to how much people are charging or value their ingredients for.

I also can refuse as well. My point is that most people just go along with what ever they want and accept it. Thus, giving sellers free reign on the market. Silver was 2GC per before Trass was ever introduced to begin with iirc. Mini events also came after the mark up of GC prices. Iron ore still has no exuse.

The base costs of EFE/Bindings will and should not ever change due to them being on the shop. Read my post, I was disagreeing with the thought that GC/1$ varies and changes the costs of rares.

Raytray, I do understand the reasoning behind the CoL price, my point is that, the raws shouldn't cost near that much. It all comes down to how much people are charging or value their ingredients for.

I also can refuse as well. My point is that most people just go along with what ever they want and accept it. Thus, giving sellers free reign on the market. Silver was 2GC per before Trass was ever introduced to begin with iirc. Mini events also came after the mark up of GC prices. Iron ore still has no exuse.

The base costs of EFE/Bindings will and should not ever change due to them being on the shop. Read my post, I was disagreeing with the thought that GC/1$ varies and changes the costs of rares.

There is high demand for rare items, such as binding/enrichment/serpent/rostogol stones. The prices are of course governed by how much players are willing to pay for them.

Silver was 2gc when some players had 1500 emu, too. Players were willing to sell silver at 2gc each, thus an equilibrium (supply meeting demand) at 2gc. Since then, the price has shifted to 2.5+gc.

The in-game price of the aforementioned rare items has a lot to do with the black market gc rate. The problem with black market gc is that there is virtually no opportunity cost in obtaining it. Someone's alt which farms and sells resources while a main character levels up. Since the "cost" of obtaining the gc for sale is so low, whether the exchange rate is 6, 8, or 10k/$, the supplier is really indifferent. The sellers don't "suffer" by poor exchange rates. If they did, there would not be constant discussions about this ongoing problem. The EL shop and virtually all players feel the impact of it.

It would be foolish to assume that once binding stone prices hit z0mg 14kgc, that suddenly everything will be bought from the EL shop once again. All that will happen is yet another shift in the price of black market gc. Instead of 4k 5k 6k 7k 8k gc/$, the ratio will once again increase. At 9k, this means the price of a binding stone would reach 15,030gc, instead of the 13,360gc it "should" cost at current exchange rates. The problem won't go away unless the root cause of it is dealt with.

If the supply of gc for sale on the black market were significantly diminished, I believe much of the money spent on black market gc would be spent at the EL shop. Instead of manufacturers fighting to buy increasingly rare items, it would once again be worthwhile for the average Joe to buy shop items to resell in-game. Instead of singling out a single manufacturer or bot owner, let's focus on the real problem: the gc farmers and their supply of gc for sale.

If the supply of gc for sale on the black market were significantly diminished...

I thought that problem was already taken care of. Isn't that why we're all learning to deal with mini-events, to solve the gc farming problem? If it wasn't working I'm sure they would be removed and something new would be tried. True?

if you are tired of the high prices of bindings, serp stones and other rare items this is something for you

you could be having the rare stones drop in price, all you need to do is stop feeding the greed

Rare:

1. coming or occurring far apart in time; unusual; uncommon

2. thinly distributed over an area; few and widely separated

Why is it so hard for people to understand the meaning of the word RARE? If something is Rare doesn't the very nature of that item mean that the price will fluctuate with demand and supply? If Radu has said that he is limiting the amount of rare items coming into the game to encourage sales in the shop doesn't that mean the price will rise? And if someone buys a rare item from the EL shop aren't they smart to price it to a equivalent gc ratio?

Just curious, if someone is new to the game, why should they be able to get high-end armor/weapons? I'm not defending overly-high prices, just questioning an argument based on what new players can afford.

Yes why does someone who is new have to have any of the items spoken of? Do we as a community encourage that everyone who plays runs out and buys a CoL or Great Sword or Dragon Armor? Shouldn't this rather be something that a person strives for? a long term goal of some sort? a guild project to be done together? I'm a top crafter I've made many CoL's for friends in the game but didn't actually own my own CoL till about 8 months ago and I've played for almost 4 years.

4. Respect Others

You must respect the rights of others and their rights to enjoy this game and the forums. In order to show proper respect, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, insult, name call, or cause distress and / or unwanted attention to other members, moderators, volunteers, or developers. Do not patronize people as they become acquainted with the environment and make beginners’ mistakes.

Holar is paying more and more for the rare stones in game.....so i suggest to put him out of business, stop trading with Holar and Pepa........Holar put him out of business.......ban him from your bots and stop trading with him

If Holar wants to spend his gc on buying up all the stones in EL then shouldn't we respect his right to do so instead of harassing, threatening, and insulting him? I for one don't mind if he buys them all for high prices, if he doesn't use them and the rate of stones coming into the game goes up then what happens he's stuck with loads of rare items that are no longer worth what he paid for them.

there are always other sellers and buyers in this game, some take things other then just gc, perhaps they prefer things other then gc........ :wub:

Edited by Elf_Ninja

If the supply of gc for sale on the black market were significantly diminished...

I thought that problem was already taken care of. Isn't that why we're all learning to deal with mini-events, to solve the gc farming problem? If it wasn't working I'm sure they would be removed and something new would be tried. True?

The mini-events help against the casual farming alt, but it takes only a click or two to find the die-hard farmers still selling 100k's of gc at a clip. They're easily identifiable, and easily stoppable...if it were made illegal :wub:

The wheels of justice turn slowly.

This all started a while back when the harvesting crap started up. People decided 2gc for a silver ore and 3gc for an iron was just NOT FAIR. I mean look at this for an example.

Remember the price for HE back in the day? When you'd get 7 GC max for your silver. Well back then this was a fair thing to do. 2 Silver for 2gc per was 4gc + flower put you at 4.5GC + food cost was approximated at about .5GC per ess put HE cost about 5GC to make. Giving people a profit of 2GC per HE. Well now I can't find HE cheaper than freaking 8-8.5 GC per. Which no one wants to pay tha tmuh for so they make their own. Which drives the market down, giving less people to make them for sale.

It's all an endless freaking chain. If you raise the price of an Ore, you raise the price of an essence, the fewer people will buy it, the fewer people will make it, economic crash.

I don't think this has anything to do with specific bots or Holar or hell the entire Manufacturing community, so much as it has to do with people wanting more and more GC for their ores / essences. Their profit just isn't enough to them. So the prices are sky rocketing out of control and it's quite ridiculous.

I say don't strike, stop being greedy people. Play the game for enjoyment and stop worrying about making 100k a freaking day.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...opic=48651&

HEs & other stuff started increasing in price during/after this :wub:

so tbh Holar is to blame.. :whistle:

There is high demand for rare items, such as binding/enrichment/serpent/rostogol stones. The prices are of course governed by how much players are willing to pay for them.

Silver was 2gc when some players had 1500 emu, too. Players were willing to sell silver at 2gc each, thus an equilibrium (supply meeting demand) at 2gc. Since then, the price has shifted to 2.5+gc.

The in-game price of the aforementioned rare items has a lot to do with the black market gc rate. The problem with black market gc is that there is virtually no opportunity cost in obtaining it. Someone's alt which farms and sells resources while a main character levels up. Since the "cost" of obtaining the gc for sale is so low, whether the exchange rate is 6, 8, or 10k/$, the supplier is really indifferent. The sellers don't "suffer" by poor exchange rates. If they did, there would not be constant discussions about this ongoing problem. The EL shop and virtually all players feel the impact of it.

It would be foolish to assume that once binding stone prices hit z0mg 14kgc, that suddenly everything will be bought from the EL shop once again. All that will happen is yet another shift in the price of black market gc. Instead of 4k 5k 6k 7k 8k gc/$, the ratio will once again increase. At 9k, this means the price of a binding stone would reach 15,030gc, instead of the 13,360gc it "should" cost at current exchange rates. The problem won't go away unless the root cause of it is dealt with.

If the supply of gc for sale on the black market were significantly diminished, I believe much of the money spent on black market gc would be spent at the EL shop. Instead of manufacturers fighting to buy increasingly rare items, it would once again be worthwhile for the average Joe to buy shop items to resell in-game. Instead of singling out a single manufacturer or bot owner, let's focus on the real problem: the gc farmers and their supply of gc for sale.

I fully agree with you.

Imo using an Alt to sell GC to make $$ to buy GC for a main is illegal :wub: but i'm not a mod so oh well.

Most of the times that I've ever used $$ to make GC was buy buying Bindings or EFE or Rosto's from Radus shop. I've never liked the idea of paying people for GC.

tbh i could ''farm'' my way through more GC per hour by killing fluffs than mining Tit Ores, and fluffs dont even have best GC drop in game so ........

tbh i could ''farm'' my way through more GC per hour by killing fluffs than mining Tit Ores, and fluffs dont even have best GC drop in game so ........

This is true, however I challenge you to run several fluffy "farming" alts simultaneously. Obviously, that's not very feasible. Maximizing gc/hour on a main char at least means cutting down on experience/hour. If you train or farm fluffies with your main while running a pair of harvesting alts (quite feasible), suddenly there is no opportunity cost involved. You earn experience (and gc) on your main, and gc with the harvest alt(s).

Just bitching and bitching, always are mixers bad guys. Why are rare stones expansive? There is low rate to get stone, and enriched ess (to mix efe is around 5k+ fe). Well Radu could raise rate, but he wont. Why? There is too much gc in game.

Holar is bad for buying all stones and selling products for higher price. Of course, advanced swords were 20k, but since serps and bindings have go way up it's logical prices of swords would go up. It's bit sad, but it would be good if prices would go above NPC prices, than players would buy form NPC and gc would go from game.

This is one thing that manuers do and all fighters are complaining. But what about them? Since they dont have 1.5k emu they raise silver price to 2.5 gc, hello, other players could only dream about that emu and were still selling at 2 gc. Same thing with RDHOLAM, price was 150k and now they have deal and sell it for 200k cause they are greedy. But they go to instances, fight monsters, so it can pass, they do their job.

Since last week was thinking, He's on market are now 8-8.5 gc, if we raise it to 9 gc it would be NPC price, but there are fighters who are mostly antisocial, we could sell them for even more than 9 gc, lets say 15 gc :wub:. But price is still same for everyone, same thing can be done with SR's and other essences.

Now to mix 1 HE, you need 2 silver ore (5gc), 1 chrysanteum (0.5 gc), FP (2 gc), thats 7.5 gc, but what about time to mix it, that dosen't worth nothing?

Since last week was thinking, He's on market are now 8-8.5 gc, if we raise it to 9 gc it would be NPC price, but there are fighters who are mostly antisocial, we could sell them for even more than 9 gc, lets say 15 gc :wub:

You won't be able to sell HEs for 15gce, because fighters have friends who are not antisocial and they would cooperate to buy HEs from NPCs. same goes for other items. Prices won't go much over NPC price because it's not very clever to pay more if you can pay less. maybe only for noobs and those who want the item double fast.

I can see the reasoning why Holar sells finished items for more. But don't understand why he overpays for raw products. "Lets ask ppl to pay full price for a finished item" doesn't mean "Lets buy raw products for ridiculous prices so no one else gets them."

Since last week was thinking, He's on market are now 8-8.5 gc, if we raise it to 9 gc it would be NPC price, but there are fighters who are mostly antisocial, we could sell them for even more than 9 gc, lets say 15 gc :wub:

Sarcasam...

I can see the reasoning why Holar sells finished items for more. But don't understand why he overpays for raw products. "Lets ask ppl to pay full price for a finished item" doesn't mean "Lets buy raw products for ridiculous prices so no one else gets them."

If you really really want something (candy, toy...) wouldn't u do anything to obtain it?

Holar is 100+ manufacturer, what he can mix for xp? Leather helms, with 2 millions for next lvl, thats cca 33.5k leather helms...

yeah, i have been buying so much pp, 1 and almost dont play anymore ;o

Forgive me if this question has an obvious answer but if you "almost dont play any more", why are you so bothered that you put up a thread about this issue? I'm also confused as to why you keep posting in the thread since you "almost dont play any more"

Forgive me if this question has an obvious answer but if you "almost dont play any more", why are you so bothered that you put up a thread about this issue? I'm also confused as to why you keep posting in the thread since you "almost dont play any more"

Perhaps because if the issues he brings up get addressed he'd be enthused to play more?

yes,that might be why the prices of armours and weaps are going higher...

which seems logical imo,noone wants to do tons of stuff to lose money on every single thing he creates...

and if you don't like the price,go buy somewhere else is what I'd say had I been able to create such high lvl things

Dragon armours ate a good bunch of binders from market. Those paying most from bindings are often involved with the armours. Yes there are other items eating bindings too, but the moment dragon farming became a laff the bindings disappeared.

A while back there were several ppl buying binding stones from shop and dropping them to bots who paid loads and sold forward overpriced, but it was still easily worth it to buy them and use to armours. We are just closing the limit of can't be arsed to bother -price on bindings.

There are more to the price of binds in this game than just BM. Killing a dragon, who happens to drop main ingdredient for best armours in game, is just a goddamn joke. I have single handedly killed easily over thousand of them...

This is one thing that manuers do and all fighters are complaining. But what about them? Since they dont have 1.5k emu they raise silver price to 2.5 gc, hello, other players could only dream about that emu and were still selling at 2 gc. Same thing with RDHOLAM, price was 150k and now they have deal and sell it for 200k cause they are greedy. But they go to instances, fight monsters, so it can pass, they do their job.

just wanted to point out that during Holar's Manu Strike.. that mixers took that as an oppotunity to "rise" their prices.. not because they agreed with Holar; but because they decided "hey! armor & weapons going up.. whats the harm if silver & iron goes up as well?? technically its "manufactuering" so it doesnt matter! :wub: " .. therefore we get high silver ore prices. Other people see players charging 2.5gc and tryed to "strike" against those players; but then as more people jumped on the band wagon (since who doesnt want to make a little more gc?); the people who later joins the "2.5 gc group" forgets/lies about the reaons why they charge more. If u see someone charging 2.5gc u'll think about charging that much as well since we're all human (i hope) and naturally greedy. People would say "since harvest events its hard to get ores. so thats why i charge 2.5gc" but honestly? its cause they see their friends/alot of people selling their silver for 2.5 on @3 so they just jumped on the band wagon; also.. what would sound better? "i got greedy so i started charging more because everyone else was doing it" or "since harvest events its becoming harder to harvest so i have to charge a little more for the extra time spend harvesting" (fyi harvesting wasnt meant to be "afk" (says radu) so the "extra time" u spend at the ores/flowers are the base time it takes to harvest the resources.. as long as your not afk-ish. But again; harvesting isnt meant to be afkish.. so whats the problem?? :P )

Perhaps because if the issues he brings up get addressed he'd be enthused to play more?

:whistle:

The price of silver or whatever other random ingredient is a little different b/c you're mainly paying a price b/c you're too lazy or too PP greedy to harvest it yourself.

It's a little different with rare ingredients. To get a binding from the market, you have to be willing to pay more than the handful of bots constantly warring for the highest buy price. As soon as those bot owners see players buying for more than their bots do, they raise their buy prices - and the cycle continues ad nauseam, as we already see with binding, serp, efe, eme, e stones, etc.

Serpent stones, for instance, have recently risen from 4.5-5k to around 10k now. You can't just go harvest one like you can with silver or whatever else.

Really, how many players in the game can make for you that full ice armor?

Just a very few, they have earned the right to charge whatever they want for that armor.

Remember this is a game, and they are playing the game (well).

Really, how many players in the game can make for you that full ice armor?

Just a very few, they have earned the right to charge whatever they want for that armor.

Remember this is a game, and they are playing the game (well).

Yet there's a lot more that could make you the CoL or the titanium shield or the magic sword of your choice, and those people can't get their hands on binding or serpstones either, simply because 1) supply is limited (=good imo, unlimited would also mean too easy to get), and 2) the richest guys ingame, who can afford to massproduce these things will outprice anyone else.

I'm not blaming this on Holar alone, before Holar there was Sheitan, and I see that Amar is also paying ridiculous prices, and hogging up crazy amounts of binding stones for the hell of it. And then there's more people like them.

The thing is, Joe Average, and this doesn't even have to be a newbie, simply can't afford these prices.

by the way, in response to Torr: I´m not a fighter primarily, and my skill levels are high enough to have a need for all of the items we are talking about here, and still I complain about this, simply because, in my opinion, it's a messed up situation.

I guess the only good thing coming from all this is that Radu's sales are probably up a bit.

Edited by Dilly

If u all have time to bitch, why don't you try to suggest something that will correct this situation on batter?

Did you even read the previous post???

so i suggest to put him out of business, stop trading with Holar and Pepa

if you got a binding stone or serp stone, dont sell it to him, instead sell it to someone else at a fair price

there will always be someone willing to sell their stones to him at high price so theres another way aswell

decrease your manu/craft items price, people will buy from you instead of from him, without any sales he wont be able to keep up increasing prices on rare stones

if you sell more enriced essences or stones from players storage then prices may go down.

Stop the greed

Yes, let's stop this fake 'Black Market.' Cutting off a source of funding for the game is a great idea. Also, BKC is right. New players should not have high end items. These items shouldn't be easily accessible.

Reading FTW!

Seriously.... Why do people like you come here and post when you can't take the time to actually READ the things you're saying aren't here?

Oh I get it....

Just here to get your post count up. :icon13::D:):whistle: :whistle:

EDIT: And for the record I will either mix what I need myself or buy from a NPC to exit the gc from the game rather than give the gc to a greedy manuer who was supposed to just "increase cost just to meet cost of rare items" and then overbid everyone else just to increase the price of armor/weapons.

Edited by PaulB

Seriously.... Why do people like you come here and post when you can't take the time to actually READ the things you're saying aren't here?

Oh I get it....

Just here to get your post count up. :icon13::D:):whistle: :whistle:

Obviously he has alot useless posts to catch up to you.

EDIT: And for the record I will either mix what I need myself or buy from a NPC to exit the gc from the game rather than give the gc to a greedy manuer who was supposed to just "increase cost just to meet cost of rare items" and then overbid everyone else just to increase the price of armor/weapons.

Welcome to capitalism, good luck getting that dragon armor from the NPC.