Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gordong11

Spell or item idea...Mana

I think a spell (between lvl 30-40) or a craftable/drop item, even a perk would be sort of a cannabalism spell or item. Where is would take off something like 50 health and give 25 mana for example. This would be a great in a tight spot, but can never be abused. Cost of healing prevents abuse plus takes away much of the mana gained. IF used as a perk, it can be attached to harm to spell. cast on yourself for the effect.

great motivation to level up.

Also perhaps rare drop only item with a zero cooldown would be great as well.

Just a thought.

Edited by gordong11

well if it takes 50 health and gives 25 mana it's pretty easy to lvl fast with it. just cast the spell together with restore :) when you have mag 30-40, restore gives more than 50 hp

If done as a spell it wouldn't be used in fights due to losing HP and very likely death thanks to spell cooldown. If you flee to replenish mana like this you can cast this and drink GHP and get some mana, but it's a bit too inconvenient to bother with. Easier to just summon a bear, drain it's mana and same time make it take dmg for you. Doesn't add anything to combat imo.

DHT mentioned the only use.

For perk added to harm - a person with no rationality harms 1 dmg and I suppose no mana returned? Only point in the perk is to reach level of damage to return your mana points from spell. For it to be used, you need +25 from spell and something above that to get any bonus. So say 100dmg harm returns 35+, useless. You are in PK, you will use MI and then can't cast on self. Bit hard to tweak to work with harm spell, though might be my limited thinking.

A drop item that converts your health to mana sounds a bit useless at start. We have potions to give mana. Now for the drop item to get any use it'd need to be more useful than the potion. SR's are cheap and give 20 mana, if ring was also cheap it'd need to give more mana with the side effect. Now this might work, because when you have cooldown on potions and are in tight position and need mana you can sacrifice some health and get restore in. I wouldn't want something like this, because hand to hand killing already is hard, if something like this is added then the mana will never run out without orange spam. Ofc there's a slight chance of timing fail with the hp loss, but looking at top lvl / skilled PKer fights I doubt it. Just makes it more costly.

I like the idea, well I like any new spell idea, but health to mana conversion by spell seems too easy. It has to give something or it ends like bones to gold, and if it gives it will be used in too(?) easy leveling.

How about filling your mana back into Potions ?

vial + 2 spirit essences = 1 SR :P

(i'm not serious, i just want to see what ppl think about it.)

Edited by SolarStar