Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrMabuse

Command suggestion: #born

Hi,

I suggest a #born command

#born gives back the creation date of your character

(if this is possible with the server, database, etc.)

It's just to have an idea how "old" your character is and you can tell tales of the good old times ;-)

My char is very old... last time I asked i was told the register doesn't have such info.

But i always wanted a command like this :)

The closer clue i have is the date when i created this account in forums...

<--

Member No.: 3,319

Edited by dipi

i could love to remember how old my char is...

Its a great idea ...... And I would love to know exactly how many days DragonGOD has been alive :icon13:

I agree if it's possible, would love to know, do seem to recall year 3 or 4 with the #date command but don't remember exactly, was new then :icon13:

My character is this many old *holds up fingers*

I like the idea but i dunno how often it would be used :icon13:

I would love for this command to be implemented too.

People ask me from time to time when I started playing. I still play my original character as my main character (this is not the case for some folk). This command would tell me, if it actually had the data recorded for him.

For the characters created after this is implemented, it could show the date. If we can't get the date for characters made before this, we could perhaps have it say "Some time before _____." where the blank is the date that is implemented.

I think it would be cool for this command to return both the real life and the in-game date. That way, the characters can have birthdays. :D

My char was born 13-March 05

I know because it's 2 years after the game before this, I remember it was same date.

Don't remember if we had game date at that time.

If you still have the log-file from when you created your char (I know not all have it, but I do) it's just a matter of opening that log in some text-viewer/editor and the date and time is right in there

Although a lucky few might be able to determine the character creation time based on their chat logs, a few don't have the option.

I think that besides helping a few people who are trying to figure out when their character was born, the #born data could also be used for helping with future incentives in the game, character birthdays and evidence to assist moderators.

I mention evidence to assist moderators because I imagine that when characters are created matters when determining what is the original character, what characters were most likely given or sold, etc. Every bit of detail helps, I imagine. It is just a case of making it available. When #born is added, a version of the command to say when someone else is born could probably be added for moderators to use.

Although a lucky few might be able to determine the character creation time based on their chat logs, a few don't have the option.

I think that besides helping a few people who are trying to figure out when their character was born, the #born data could also be used for helping with future incentives in the game, character birthdays and evidence to assist moderators.

I mention evidence to assist moderators because I imagine that when characters are created matters when determining what is the original character, what characters were most likely given or sold, etc. Every bit of detail helps, I imagine. It is just a case of making it available. When #born is added, a version of the command to say when someone else is born could probably be added for moderators to use.

Creation is almost never used to determine who a char belongs to.

Entropy would have to decide it's important to track that info and add it to the character stats. There is no tracking at this time.

Also for older characters, that information isn't available anymore.

(Don't worry about the moderators nathan, we manage just fine :pickaxe: )