Eternal Lands Official Forums
BruSu

landmines

What is considered "politically correct" varies by culture. In the U.S., it's ok to watch someone getting shot up and die on prime time TV, but to show boobies is forbidden. Other cultures, and likely most of the civilized world, is not like this.

What is considered "politically correct" varies by culture. In the U.S., it's ok to watch someone getting shot up and die on prime time TV, but to show boobies is forbidden. Other cultures, and likely most of the civilized world, is not like this.

Oh sweet, we can turn this into an anti-US thread now.

If someone is offended by something, removing the offending bit is considered being politically correct. I'm pretty sure that term translates across most civilized cultures, boobies or no boobies.

If you happen to live in a country that has active landmines from some long forgotten war, then you know thousands of innocent people lose life & limb to them every year. While this is tragic, of course, learn to distinguish between reality and virtual-reality and if something offends you, don't ask it to change, change yourself - e.g. I don't think there are any landmines in Angel's Online.

this whole thread is ridiculous. A landmine is an object made by man and placed by man. If anything, the conclusion would be that people shouldn't be allowed in EL but that kinda takes away... well.. the entire game.

EL offers a wide variety of very peacefull activities, if you don't like the stuff in it that hurts your pixels, then just sit your butt down in some cave to harvest or some storage to mix.

This thread won't die...

For anyone that's actually bothered by EL landmines... ;)

Go sign a petition for reality instead of complaining about a game.

www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ending-us-use-of-landmines

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/587770327

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/352193122

Now you can play guilt-free. :D

Hi,

if Brusu wants to say that the word landmines is not political correct i agree with her. If the name for the landmines will be changed into another word which is not so bad tagged it is ok. I also would not like if it anyone gives himself the name "A_Hitler" because i am an german and this leads to bad associations.

I think it is an really small step to change landmines into e.g. magic detonators or something like this. ;))

Greets

Allandor

Oh ok, i get it, if we dont like something, lets rename it. I'll call Hitler a Bunny, and ill call Suddam Hussien a Loli-pop, and ill call Lucifer Cotton-Candy! Now everyone is happy! \o/

This thread won't die...

For anyone that's actually bothered by EL landmines... :P

Go sign a petition for reality instead of complaining about a game.

www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ending-us-use-of-landmines

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/587770327

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/352193122

Now you can play guilt-free. :(

or you can adopt a mine field to clear it

http://www.landmines.org/Page.aspx?pid=374

With my post I just want to ask – If I’m alone with my feelings about the landmines in the game.

Some answers sounds strange to me:

No ! I do not want to leave the game – why should I? That reminds me on some political discussions which ended in: If you do not like it here then leave the country . That was ridiculous in these times and it is so still now.

And yes: I know it is only a game! But one part which I like in these game is speaking with other peoples. And it’s me who is talking – not Brusu. You see RL influences the game. I can live without Brusu – but this character not without me :).

But before I start another discussion about the behavior of the characters in the game has anything to do with the behavior of the people who are playing with them …..

Let me say it with John:

No ! I do not want to leave the game – why should I? That reminds me on some political discussions which ended in: If you do not like it here then leave the country . That was ridiculous in these times and it is so still now.

Your analogy is wrong. You have the RIGHT to live in the country you were born, it is an unalienable right, the country is yours too. However, this is private property, and you have only the rights granted by some despot fuck (me).