Eternal Lands Official Forums
SirOswald

Shared Mule Locked

Been banned: HandlersBone, then Visionary, and recently DagothCorpus

If you are just going to lock every character I play on please tell me now so that I can quit the game with a little dignity rather than having me squirm around like a goldfish you plucked out of the water.

I understand banning HandlersBone, but why Visionary and DagothCorpus?

Let me give you a run down of what happen for you lurkers out there...

I met a fun guy on Visionary and we became short-term friends. He told me about his get rich quick scheme:

He asked that I create a newbie character, load it up with coord (so that I could carry lots), keep it under attack 17 (so that tutorial would provide free heal) and keep it under oa 25 (so that I could use newbie storage). Then he wanted the password so that he could jump on it as needed. (Yea I know, sharing password is against the rules, but I didn't think it would be significant for a newbie account) He then loaned me his MM cape so that I could sit in the Portland titanium mine and beam back to newbie storage full of titanium and then come running back. (Yea I know, I just crave the abuse) He said we would continue doing that until 10k titanium and then split the profits.

We got up to 1k or 2k titanium and then I had to run off for exams. I came back and you guessed it, locked.

So this is the reason HandlersBone was locked (I am assuming) because it was a shared character.

So why was Visionary, an unshared character, locked?

And why was DagothCorpus, an unshared character, locked after letting me level up with him so much over the past couple days?

If it is your intention to lock all the characters I own, just tell me now. I will gladly tell you all of my usernames and quit EL forever just to resolve this.

I am on EL right now with SirOswald enjoying the inability to do alchemy. Feel free to lock that one for no apparent reason too, if you so desire. The suspense is killing me!

Where do I start...

Locked for illegal multiplay (breaking rule 5):

Laythe, greatmule, visionary, notsane, malake, shikatsu, freefighter, handlersbane, sweetfighter. Yes I see them on multiple IP's, I also see them massively trading. Once you log onto a character, or somebody else logs onto yours, you can NEVER EVER EVER trade with them and move stuff back and forth (per rule 5). Once you log onto a character, which means you shared the password, or somebody logs onto yours, it IS considered an alt of that person and all of rule 5 will apply (per rule 4). If those characters get in trouble even by "somebody else", too bad, it gets locked.

Re: HandlersBone and DagothCorpus:

[PM from Gossip: handlersbone told me a rumor:][PM from Gossip: dragongod is afraid of getting raped ]

Nice. Learner booted handlersbone for this and then we get:

[PM from Gossip: 3) dagothcorpus said learner stuck his boot where the sun don't shine, if you know what I mean... ]

Nice payback.

Now to the crux of the matter: If you would like to keep playing, you can read the rules, all of them, in their entirety. When you are done, you can keep one new character that is not allowed to be shared either direction. You cannot let anybody use your character, and you cannot use anybody else's. You can not have any more alts. No more trouble and wasting of moderators' time.

Per this: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41193

I messed up in that OP, it was NotSane that was being used as the shared mule.

So, DagothCorpus was locked for gossip?

HandlersBone was booted but not locked for gossip, I know that.

HandlersBone was later locked.

HandlersBane was the first newbie I created that Laythe didn't like the name of.

Not Sane was the newbie that we went with and shared.

HandlersBone (edit) was the newbie I created to see why I couldn't log into Visionary.

Just to be clear...

Laythe, greatmule, malake, shikatsu, freefighter, sweetfighter are not my characters.

Your current penalty requires that all of my non-shared alts be locked.

I know mods are always busy so I will save you some time:

{HandlersBane} <-- Already Locked

{HandlersBone} <-- Already Locked

{NotSane} <-- Shared, Already Locked

{Vladmir_Ishkov}

{Visionary}

{DagothCorpus} <-- Already Locked

{Kaghi_the_Wise}

{SirOswald}

{ZhinMan}

{Sholak_Burn}

{Maegorn}

Thank you for the speedy response. I never suspected that helping Laythe with an infinitely small get-rich-quick scheme, of which I told Laythe I wanted entertainment and not money, would be the death of my EL life. Ha ha ha. Well, I certainly got the entertainment I wished for.

In a month I will forget about this game again, so much for my triumphant return to EL.

No hard feelings though, it was a very fun week.

Peace out.

<Update for gossip purposes>

I have been allowed to continue playing on SirOswald for the time being.

Since my fighting/role-playing char (DagothCorpus) is off limits, I will continue SirOswald's crusade to master the art of healing people randomly.

Thanks Aislinn, sorry for taking up your time with this silly nonsense.*

(* - not sarcasm. I have been told that people cannot tell when I am not sarcastic.)

Edited by SirOswald

Ok, you can keep SirOswald.

However, no more alts, no more sharing (either you using somebody else's character or somebody using yours).

Read up on the rules, all of them, especially 4, 5, and 25. (Click on each one ingame to see them in their entirety).

Well I thought you said I could keep SirOswald but it looks like you locked him up in the east dungeon.

I am still kinda bitter that Visionary was killed off before any of this started and I had no record of why, forcing me to start from scratch on that role-play character. I can't help but wonder if Visionary hadn't been mysteriously deleted, could I have possibly taken the same path and ended up where I am now?

Oh well, no hard feelings. I guess I'll stop playing EL (for the...12th time).

Eventually I will remember EL and check up on it just out of curiosity. :)

In closing, I found the whole experience hilarious just because the scheme I played along with for the sake of Laythe was actually worse than doing it the normal way. There was absolutely nothing about what we did that gave us an edge over anyone else. If he would have just let me come in the mine with Visionary I could have carried nearly the same amount to Portland storage and back faster than it takes to get from beam back to the Portland tit-mine. On top of that, I never even profited from this "cheat" as none of my characters ever traded with the shared mule. Unlike Laythe, I've never used proxies with EL and I can only connect through 2-3 static IPs depending on who I am visiting. So unlike him, I never even experienced multi-game cheating or special advantages. All good fun. ;)

What have I learned out of this whole event? I have learned that apparently EternalLands is a subsidiary of SeriousBusiness and not a simple game. ;)

Well I thought you said I could keep SirOswald but it looks like you locked him up in the east dungeon.

I am still kinda bitter that Visionary was killed off before any of this started and I had no record of why, forcing me to start from scratch on that role-play character. I can't help but wonder if Visionary hadn't been mysteriously deleted, could I have possibly taken the same path and ended up where I am now?

Oh well, no hard feelings. I guess I'll stop playing EL (for the...12th time).

Eventually I will remember EL and check up on it just out of curiosity. :)

In closing, I found the whole experience hilarious just because the scheme I played along with for the sake of Laythe was actually worse than doing it the normal way. There was absolutely nothing about what we did that gave us an edge over anyone else. If he would have just let me come in the mine with Visionary I could have carried nearly the same amount to Portland storage and back faster than it takes to get from beam back to the Portland tit-mine. On top of that, I never even profited from this "cheat" as none of my characters ever traded with the shared mule. Unlike Laythe, I've never used proxies with EL and I can only connect through 2-3 static IPs depending on who I am visiting. So unlike him, I never even experienced multi-game cheating or special advantages. All good fun. ;)

What have I learned out of this whole event? I have learned that apparently EternalLands is a subsidiary of SeriousBusiness and not a simple game. ;)

Eternal lands is both a Buisness, and a game. albeit not a simple one. As in most games there are rules.

After letting you keep the SirOswald character instead of a month wait and you promising you were done with all the trouble, what happens? You start right up with another problem Gossip rumor.

Yes this is a game, but all games have rules. Especially ones where your actions affect other people. You were given another chance, and you chose to still ignore the conditions and the rules.