Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Storm_Shadow

Incomplete Download?

I am a returning veteran, and for some reason when I reinstalled the game, it was missing several files. For instance, the C://MyDocuments/EternalLands/main/el.config isnt there. Acually only 4 files are there, the chat log files, the game exe file, and two object files. I downloaded the full version for windows from the U.K. mirror. My PC runs on windows Vista and I have no idea of why it wont work for me I mean it worked before obviously because I am a returning veteran. However, there may have been a problem with the download itself, which is what I thought at first aswell so I redownloaded it and still it is misssing same files. I did this seven times, and now I am dumbfounded. Can anyone help me figure out about the missing files? Thanks for your time and God bless.

If it wouldn't be too much trouble I would like to ask if anyone could possibly send me the el.config file to rymjha@hotmail.com maybe that will help me get ingame. Thx for your time and if any advice on how to fix this also would be appreciated.

Have you checked the dates on the chatlog files, it is odd that you would have those before logging on. The executable doesnt belong in this directory, so something got messed up. The exe file belongs in the Program Files directory, most likely C:/Program Files/Eternal Lands/.

When you download the game, you get an install file, called something like el_180_install.exe (38 MB?). You need to run this installer to get the game to install on your computer, it is not the executable of the game itself. It might be downloaded to a default c:/Dowloads directory, or you might have downloaded it yourself to the 'My Documents/Eternal Lands' directory. If the latter is the case, run the installer (double click it) and enjoy the game.

Good luck.

Edited by Maxine

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this