Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dipi

Rings

Well, i did a search looking for this suggestion... but couldn't find any.

It's a simple one: since all maps of C2 (even the smallest ones) have their own teleport ring, i suggest to complete the set of C1 teleport rings.

I mean: TD, KF, SKF, NC, TG, MM, RoT and GP.

They should be as "cheap" as the other C1 rings, but maybe the recomended level of crafting should be above the C2 rings' level.

Dipi.

I agree with paul, it would be nice ^^

OR - a ring that would take you to the continent portals you are on I.E:

If you are in c1 - takes you to c1 portals

If you are in c2 - takes you to c2 portals

~SenZ

If there is to be a ring for taking you to the portals room, it should be more expensive than any of the teleport rings of that continent.

If it is not more expensive, it will damage the value of the current teleport rings.

Even if it is more expensive, it will probably affect the value of the current teleport rings, but hopefully if it is about 1.5 times the cost of the most expensive teleport ring, it would not affect the value of the current teleport rings too much.

I have always thought it would be cool to have an expensive ring, that when used would give you the opportunity to put in the map name and exact coordinates where you'd like to land. I assume it would be difficult to program, but it's a thought.

I have always thought it would be cool to have an expensive ring, that when used would give you the opportunity to put in the map name and exact coordinates where you'd like to land. I assume it would be difficult to program, but it's a thought.

I would say it would be easier than you may think.....considering mods have this power. It would probably just be a modification of that code.

I would say it would be easier than you may think.....considering mods have this power. It would probably just be a modification of that code.

Problem. I doubt there will be an item that you can input coordinates.

Given the spirit of rule 26 (1):

1. No coordinates are allowed to be given in any official channel. Players need to learn to explore and notice their surroundings. The goal is not to blindly auto-walk everywhere you go.

Plus, this would make hydro runs (Ok yes rarely do people pk there, I never been attacked) perfectly safe.

Able to ambush in a pk map, without risk (One guildie spying in a map, then the whole guild teles at once)

Instant trips to a red dragon, spawns without ever exploring (Eventually someone would just publish a coordinate list,

and eliminating exploring all together.

You are probably right, robotbob. It would probably make it too easy. Therefore, such a ring would have to be really expensive if allowed at all.