Sign in to follow this  
Wynand

New Faction: Bandits

Bandit Faction Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Bandit Faction?

• Yes, good idea.
    • No, this won't work.
    • Maybe, but the theory needs some work.

As always, please read everything before loading the critisism launcher. If you rant, meet my careface -> ;)

My basic idea is that:

Implementing a new faction, criminals, murderers, bandits, outlaws and them ebul people who murder, ambush and rob the weak and unwary, in the dark hours of the night. >:)

Bandits will be able to PK regular players (and other Bandits) anywhere on C2, except for Cities, Docks or Storages, exits to underworld (thinking maybe on proper roads aswell, as that would give roads some importance), but only during nightime (3:30 -> 0:30)

Now, since I know how much most of you lovable little ass-hats like PK, and PK'ers, I've come up with a suitable bunch of handicaps for the Bandits, so that they will never manage to have the upper hand:

Firstly Bandits will have to make new chars. Thus they start off with a HUGE disadvantage.

2ndly, Bandits will be PK'able everywhere, but they can only initiate combat on C2, outside Towns and Cities, during the night-time hours. By day they will be just regular players. Bandits can also attack and kill each other.

3rdly, another HUGE disadvantage, is they will not be able to use rostogol stones, so they will always drop stuff if they die.

4th: Since bad people are so evil, and good always triumphs over evil, I've deemed it fitting that their Att/Def/Mag/Range should all be capped at 130. And since bandits are degenerate morons, they get capped to 60 in all the other skills, and they get 20% less exp gained in those skills, this will make sure that your average Bandit will never be able to make high class items, and those who try, stand a good chance to lose the ingredients

5th: Another one of those HUGE disadvantages: everytime a Bandit under 100 a/d dies, they lose 1% of their total exp in A/D (thats TOTAL exp, not exp till next level) and Bandits between 100-130 lose 0.5%, so if Bandits die enough in a day, they will actually lose levels.

________________________________________________________________________________

____

So, to summarise:

They start off with new chars.

They can be attacked anywhere at night, but they can only attack you on C2, outside cities/storages. They can also kill each other anywhere.

They can't use rosto, so will always drop stuff.

They can only reach 130 A/D/M/R, and in the other skills they get 20% less exp and can only reach 60.

They lose A/D exp when they die.

Ontop of that, since there is always a reward for being lawfull and killing criminals, I've thought up a reward system for good citizens when they kill Bandits. Each time a Bandit dies, it drops a token redeemable at some law-imposing NPC.

Killing a bandit above:

50 A/D : token worth 200g

80 A/D : token worth 500g

100 A/D : token worth 1000g

120 A/D : token worth 2000g

Now since the odds are so badly stacked against them, I reckoned the Bandits should get some sort of advantage for the insurmountable amount of handicaps. I ask only 2 things:

Firstly make them less visible at night-time, since their bad bad people >:( they should have an inate ability to stalk people.

And secondly, allow them to get 2x exp in all combat skills Att/Def/Mag/Ran. Since they have things so bad, it's only fair that they get some sort of edge.

I've thought of some misc. stuff that should prolly be added aswell:

Bandits should not be able to use the regular channels, except for #GM/local. They should however have their own trade and chat channel,

They need to have their own starting Island, with a wraith.

Thats basically it. It should not be too hard to implement, we already have all the 'ingredients' for the idea (just a tweak here and there), so it won't be a game-changing amount of work required to implement it. It will add some excitement to the game, some realism, and you will have intelligent invasion creatures. I honestly believe the game can only benefit from this idea.

They start off badly, will always be outgeared, and will never match the top fighters, and you have plenty of safe zones, and even safe times. Hell you can even organise Bandit-hunting parties to keep you busy.

Let me know what you think, feedback is welcome.

Edited by St_Arcane

Isn't there a pk server for that? if you want to be PKable in all of C2, play on PK server.

C2 already has Leonard,

Edit. If this is just about promoting PK, why not organize more PK events?

Edited by hussam

I'm not sure if this would work on the main server. As hussam said there is the pk server for this.

Things to remember is that this would afect a lot of the harvertsers thats love to play on c2, and if this was brought into the game c2 would suddenly clear (only my opinon).

Personaly i would say if you want to beable to pk on most maps and not just in arenas or TD and KF then pay radu some rl$ and go play the pk server. I think you enjoy it and have fun.

*feels like a broken record*

Pk server was doomed to fail... its P2P, no new players start there. It's not even an arguement, much less an example of anything, except to show that if you offer someone something for free, or the same thing at a price, they will always take the free one.

That said this idea isn't full PK. I'll leave it there.

edit: and this is not intended to promote PK, its intended to add another aspect to the game.

Edited by St_Arcane

St_Arcane I understnad what yr saying and the idea is sound maybe a bit of work needed.

I would surport this idea if we did not have the pk server, but to try and make the main to some degree more pk player based then why not try the pk server instead ( and yes this is promoteing the pk server ;) ).

Your saying the pk server is doomed to fail well it will be if ideas like this get implemented ( it is a good idea but only if we did not have the pk server ) then the pk server dont stand a chance.

Pk server was doomed to fail... its P2P, no new players start there. It's not even an arguement, much less an example of anything, except to show that if you offer someone something for free, or the same thing at a price, they will always take the free one.

PK server is not doomed to fail. Yes, basically no new players start there, but hey, you needs skills to PK. All you're saying is "we want what they have in PK server but don't want to pay."