Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
piiia

suggestions on engineering

hi people,

when i drive to work i got lots of time to think about important things like engineering. lately i've been a bit frustrated, cause almost noone buys any engineering stuff from me so i almost gave up levelling it.

i was thinking about what engineers irl are working on..

e.g. buildings houses (like me), make cars, improve electronics and tools...

these are things that make life easier. and no engineer i know actually works on weapons or mines ;) so here is maybe something interesting also for those who only harvest and mix.

ENHANCING TOOLS

the engineers of a certain level, actually pretty high, or the suggestion will destroy the pickace industry, could improve the pickaxes, mortar&pestles, even the alembics and stuff, so they last about 10 breaks longer than the usual npc-tools.

you could get a message: your pickaxe is a bit damaged, but it still lasts! or: the mortal&pestle is scratched, but thanks god piiia is such a good engineer
:confused:
on the messages you could see how long the will still last. hmm.. if you had 10 of them in sto, it shouldnt be possible to have them of different breaking levels.

the ingredients shouldnt be that expensive, maybe a bit higher than 10times the item or noone would buy them.

the good thing would be, you dont need to bring 1000s of pickaxes to harvest.

FIREWORKS

lots of fun!!!...

dont need to say a lot more, but imagine how many people have little parties ingame, like celebrating bday, wedding or level 100. i think fireworks should fit in. its a nice gift to bring and could be expensive.

BUILDING HOUSES

ok.. something nice for radu combined with a lot of work i guess..
:)

how about we could rent an estate from radu to build a house on it? radu could decide how many estates he wants to give us for it and where they should be, that we dont spam the eternal lands with houses.

there could be books about building wood-houses, building stone-houses, ...

or: driving nails, making concrete.

and then there should be a side-programm, where we can design the houses how we like them: rooms, furniture, garden, etc. since i am a comp-n00b i dont know if that is possible, or too much work. it could be like the map-editor, only engineers with the skills should be able to use it. maybe there could be dynamite to blast the old houses from other people.

to give them a use maybe there could be a wardrobe in it... rofl... i hate it when i have to drop flowers on the ground, cause my sto slots are filled. or you recover faster in your own house.

im thinking of secret doors and greetings when you enter, my mind is full of ideas
;)

i think you guys will use your imagination to improve these suggestions... maybe something fits into eternal lands...

oh and before i forget:

ADD AN CLOAK-NPC ON C2

FIREWORKS

lots of fun!!!...

dont need to say a lot more, but imagine how many people have little parties ingame, like celebrating bday, wedding or level 100. i think fireworks should fit in. its a nice gift to bring and could be expensive.

Who would trust crazy piiia with a box of fireworks! :confused:

Would be very nice to see eng items actually used on market, with ideas like this eng'ers would have more work, get more exp - waste more money - get more money, everyone is happy :confused:

hmm, all very interesting ideas. i believe the ability to build houses has been discussed before. and imo, add it already!!~1 :)+

fireworks? hell yes.

enhancing tools? i would've loved one of those enhanced alembics for when i was into extracting merc :confused:

and a cloak npc on c2 would be more convenient and isn't too hard to add.

lovely ideas, imo it would give engineers a reason to -continue- lvling such a difficult, expensive, time-consuming skill. since atm i dont see anybody using most of the engineer items.. (and i'm included) since unless ur a hardcore pker with alot of gc, the engineering items are very expensive :confused:

the pickaxe idea is great,

cloak seller.. yes plz!!

and houses & fireworks = :)

very nice ideas Piiia!! ;)

-Tigre

hi,

first of all im not amused that people who drive a car thinking at other things than the traffic !!! ;-)

But the suggestions are all very nice !

Specially the enhanced tools will make the production chain a little bit more complex what i like anyway.

The fireworks will be very great and funny :-)

Building houses and creating a city is a old but very attractive idea.

The developers work on it so far i know. Anyway this game rocks :-)

ok, i see that lots of people had similar ideas. :pickaxe:

my intention was to make a suggestion what could be done to add a few more items to the engineering skill that not only fighters would use.

sorry for rewarming old stuff. if you consider it double just delete it. thanks

oh and maybe these old suggestions havent been that bad :D

I like the enhancing tool idea. Maybe not make charges on it, but rather make it so that it has a chance of breaking every time it otherwise would, instead of 100% break rate. Also, a more expensive enhancement could be that it would have a proc to get 2x the harvestable (stackable with exca), and maybe even a really high level, expensive enhancement that would increase the chance of getting stones while harvesting. Or something along those lines.

Edited by idefix