Eternal Lands Official Forums
darky

Experience Books

I'm guessing at least part of the idea is to get back the afk-ish players (the ones who weren't gc sellers) who left EL when harv mini-events came in. :(

I'm guessing at least part of the idea is to get back the afk-ish players (the ones who weren't gc sellers) who left EL when harv mini-events came in. :(

That is one of the reasons, but not the main reason.

The main reason is to get rid of useless items that are created only for the sole purpose of leveling up skills, as well as eliminating the grinding.

As for the AFK players, I don't have a problem with them so long as they don't harvest a lot of crap then put it in the game.

Wow! Awesome Idea! Where do/will people get them from in-game?

Sounds like an awesome shop item too! (Especially for the higher level ones)

That'd make me wanna spend money at the shop again for sure!!!

So would special 'shop-only' human nexus 0 dragon armors, lol...

'shop only' human nexus 0 tit longsword? 0 nexus tit shield?

0 nexus great--http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/lipssealed.gif[NO CARRIER]

Have you tried the books? Or you are just commenting without even giving it a try?

"WOW! Awesome Idea! Where do/will people get them from in-game?"

Are you just commenting without even reading my post?

"WOW! Awesome Idea! Where do/will people get them from in-game?"

Are you just commenting without even reading my post?

Well, you just commented like some people did earlier on channel 6: "omg that books will make afk players pr0 without doing anything". It takes long time to read a book, making it only worth to people new to the skill, till lets say 40's... They are a very good idea imo, and people should try before saying BS.

Lorcks thats just bollocks ;)

I rarely research anything, so always doing a manufacturing book really helps alot.. Especially with my 18 rationality, takes approx 1000 minutes for a book.. And since I have manu god it's a good +48k bonus every 17th hour.. 2K xp / hour for doing nothing is a good bonus :)

Well, you just commented like some people did earlier on channel 6: "omg that books will make afk players pr0 without doing anything". It takes long time to read a book, making it only worth to people new to the skill, till lets say 40's... They are a very good idea imo, and people should try before saying BS.

I just said it sounds like a good idea, and I'd probably spend money on them, which is true (and agreeing shop books should be bigger XP) I wasn't makin up BS stats or theories on what it'll do... ok the crap at the end about 0 nexus armor could be called BS, lol, no argument there.

I was jacking the shop aspect of the thread, sorry.

I'm still kinda confused why no-ones answered or even addressed (like sayin 'it's secret' or something) my original reason for the post.

"Where do/will people get them from in game?"

I was hoping my interest in it might get me access to a book...

I'm still kinda confused why no-ones answered or even addressed (like sayin 'it's secret' or something) my original reason for the post.

"Where do/will people get them from in game?"

I was hoping my interest in it might get me access to a book...

It's not a secret, you can get them in the White Stone City library...

I think nobody responded because your post sorta sounded sarcastic and like you were ridiculing it. At least thats how it looked to me, sorry. :icon13:

Thanks Aislinn!

Didn't realize my first post sounded sarcastic. I ALWAYS mis-communicate and don't even know it... it sucks... now Lorck's post makes more sense... but I was being serious, anyways... oh well...