Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daiske1

Newb instance guide

NOT FINISHED

Just wanted to post because I have to go to sleep and needed to save this, please look at any mistakes I might of made, or something I have missed, I will finish this tomorrow. Thank you :)

Well, I've done a few n00b instances, so I decided to right a guide.

INTRO

You need a channel over 1000 and have it be your MAIN channel. Leave all other channels. So first, you have your instance team of 8-9 people. There are different jobs for different people which I will go into later. But, first, Instances start at the MM battle halls. Talk to the npc and in this case, take the n00b instance.

When going, make sure that you go near :30, because most monsters are really hard to see at night. An instance will take from 1-2.9 hours depending on experience. My quickest instance i've done was done in 1 hour and 2 minutes. For instances, you are going to need Health Essence and Potions of spirit restoration. My recommendation for magic levels is at least 35, and a restore above 100. If you want to fight, I would recommend 73 def and above with only 24+/32+ p/c.

Monsters!!!

Feros/dcw (40/35) Drops: regular

Melteans (25-30) Drops: health essence, potions of spirit restoration, Gc ranging from 0-1000, and magic arrows

Scarba (2) Drops: GC (if you have found any other drops, please post)

Yetis (3-4) Drops: regular

Dilimacs (2) Drops: gc ranging from 0-50kgc, Red Dragon of Life and Mana, Bronze swords, Harvest medallions, and rings of power

List of what you need:

Armors (will go indepth with each roll a player(s) have)

Weapons( same thing)

Health essence and potions of spirit restoration, and other potions(will go in depth) *** Note: the ratio for health essence to potions of spirit restoration is 160:50. So don't bring 300 health essence and 20 potions of spirit restoration, that won't cut it. It is always good to plan your emu before the instance!

Diss rings (at least 15)

At least 1 rostogol stone.

A cape (NMT, mirror, BP)

CoL

Titanium Shield

Essence (will go in depth)

Requirements: 8-9 players

Mule (1-2 people depending on how many people you have)

This person/people is responsible for bringing all the extra health essence, diss rings, and potions of spirit restoration You should have decent emu, and it doesn't matter what lvl you are. In the first 2 waves, you stay at the beginning of the instance until the third wave. At the beginning of the third wave, you move to the 1st bridge an let your team mates restock. You stay there and let your team mates restock if possible after the 4th wave. The 5th wave, you move with your team to fight the dilimacs. This is the part where you help your team mates, you attack the dilimac, and give the tank 2-3 seconds of no tanking which can be helpful. After you are dead, you can go afk until they are done or wait on ip and cheer on them on you instance channel.

**In short**

Fill up your emu with a ratio of 160:50 he/sr's and about 5-10 diss rings.

Optional

Summoning stones (not many)

Bow

A cheering attitude

Tanker (usually 2-3 people have this role)

As tanker, you don't have a high defense level and you will be getting all the damage. Being a tanker isn't fun but it is one of the keys to having a successful instance. Best if you have 250+ health, a 120+ restore, mirror cape, 20+ diss rings, some healing potions, some potions of extra mana, accuracy/evasion pots, magic pots, CoL, and a MoL/uni med. (obviously health essence and potions of spirit restoration) You should have at least 2-3 rostos if possible. (NOTE: minumum requirements are in bold cept for mirror cape, but it is strongly recommended)

I have also seen success with the shield spell too while tanking.

Armors to take into consideration: dragon armors, or steel armor. In my opinion, Titanium armor isn't the best. A nice combo is Steel plate+ titanium cuisses+greaves. Plus a titanium shield.

Weapons

Weapons to take into consideration is either that jagged saber or the cutlass (cutlass so you don't do much damage so the dmg mirrored from the monsters isn't so much)

What to do when:

On the first wave, it isn't that hard, basically all it is is dcw or feros which are easily to handle, just focus on not wasting he/ sr's.

2nd wave:

This is considered as the hardest level of the whole instance. Melteans that spawn about 25-30 monsters. They hit hard, and have the mirror perk (about fluff a/d). Also, Melteans have 1.2k health. The secret is to take each meltean 1 by 1. Also, since you are taking large amounts of damage, be sure to use the diss ring so you don't die and let your team down. If you run out of he/sr's, ask the strongest person on your team for some.

3rd wave:

After melteans, bring the mule person to the 1st bridge in the swamp instance map. Restock, and get ready to fight the Scarba. They only spawn in 2, have low defense, but high attack. These guys also have mirror perk, so be careful. There may be 2, but Scarba have 12khp. This shouldn't be to hard, so just focus on tanking and letting your instance mates do the damage. Diss at the right times, and let some of your other team mates tank when you are getting back mana and waiting for the cooldown.

4th wave:

The 4th wave is either 3 or 4 yetis. This is a really hard wave, and all your focus must be on tanking and again, letting your instance do the dmg as quickly as possible. Restock if possible.

5th wave:

The final wave, is 2 dilimacs, who have 20khp, and are giants. This is basically everything combined. These guys have mirror perk and hit hard. You might be low on sr's and he, and have to drop out, which is fine. Usually dilimacs are hard to tank at low 70's def and you can range with the magic arrows dropped from melteans. Just drop all your he and sr's and give to the next person in line.

Normal/Tanker player (2-3, maybe even 4)

You are the person who is smack in the middle. You are 75 def+ but below 78 defense.

What you need:

Since your are a normal/tanker player, you will need a jagged saber when not tanking, and cutlass when tanking. A bp when not tanking, a mirror when tanking. Armor is your choice, just higher than iron armor. You can have 1 rosto, but it is not recommended to bring 1 if you aren't experienced.

1st wave:

The first wave is feros/dcw, and just focus on not dieing or losing he/sr's. Conserve resources.

The 2nd wave is melteans. (fluffy levels and mirror perk)

Focus on doing damage, and pay attention on when the tanker is going to diss. If you see him diss, you have 5 seconds to switch from jagged saber to cutlass and from BP to Mirror. Keep tanking until the tanker comes back, and then switch back. ****** Make sure you have items swap checked. Just right click on the top of inventory and check it

Take each meltean one by one.

The third wave is scarba. (def lvl of female orc, and high att lvl, mirror perk)

Restock if needed. Same thing with melteans, switch back and forth when tanking or not.

The fourth wave is yetis. (regular yetis)

Try and do damage whi

Edited by daiske1

My recommendation for magic levels is at least 35, and a restore above 100.

Non-failing restore kills. Get 49. It only takes so much time and resources.

This is the part where you help your team mates, you attack the dilimac, and give the tank 2-3 seconds of no tanking which can be helpful. After you are dead, you can go afk until they are done or wait on ip and cheer on them on you instance channel.

Pointless. Completely pointless. If you don't have armor, you'll probably be gone in 1-2 turns. If you do, its far better to work as defence reduction by joining team even barehanded.

Tanker (usually 2-3 people have this role)

One tank is more than enough. And perhaps a fighter who can take the heat off in an emergency.

In my opinion, Titanium armor isn't the best.

Titanium is good for the tank. Especially if the fighters wear steel. The #arm(upper limit) of titanium is lower than that of steel making it easier for person wearing it to tank if others are of comparable defence.

(cutlass so you don't do much damage so the dmg mirrored from the monsters isn't so much)

That is a horrible reason to choose a weapon if you are a fighter. I'd recommend in addition to JS(cutty if you are low dex/stt lvl), Scythe. However scythes break if you don't have NMT. Halberds are good. For people who can afford it, R2 or pinky will give best results.

If you're a tank, your weapon is SoP(and MoL).

4th wave:

The 4th wave is either 3 or 4 yetis. This is a really hard wave, and all your focus must be on tanking and again, letting your instance do the dmg as quickly as possible.

Unless you have a really good tank who is prepared to lose some stuff to Yeti breaks, I'd suggest pin Yeti and range from bridge. It's easier, faster and saves a lot of resources.

You might be low on sr's and he, and have to drop out, which is fine. Usually dilimacs are hard to tank at low 70's def and you can range with the magic arrows dropped from melteans. Just drop all your he and sr's and give to the next person in line.

Again, tank is generally one person. And you DON'T tank noob instances if you have low 70s defence(not unless you have insane reaction and toughness anyway). If you're a tank and are low on resources, just redistribute from fighters.

You can have 1 rosto, but it is not recommended to bring 1 if you aren't experienced.

Are you kidding me? :o

As you've been talking about the tank for the maximum part of the guide, I assume this is to the tank too. What happens after you die? First you lose stuff that 'drop's. Potential BJ'ing concerns here. Secondly, what happens to the effing team? They are short a tank. If you do not want to risk a brick drop, don't fight in an instance.

Bring ATLEAST one rosto. If you're not experienced, bring MORE.

lol.......i know it has some work.

More like a complete writeover. Except for the wave facts(which are the same as in the wiki guide), most of advice is incorrect.