Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GELND

Can't log in

I cannot log into the game, for some reason. I don't get an error message or anything; I enter my name and password and hit enter or login, and it just stays on the login screen. Thought it might be a problem with my computer, so I asked my brother if he was able to log in on the other computer, but he had the exact same problem.

Just had a look at it... So we've all been banned for trading with each other? It does say that "1. NO same-owner IP trading. If caught, unless you can PROVE you are legitimate family/significant other, you WILL be punished." How can I prove this? I'm certainly willing to follow the rules, and I should have read them more throughly so as to have avoided this I guess. :icon4:

What exactly is it you are going to prove?

I play EL, as do 3 of my siblings. We share computers quite often. We are allowed to trade, right? It's just not allowed if it's one person with several characters, is how I understood things. Perhaps you could talk to some of our guild members who have talked to some of us at the same time?

1. 4 brothers playing? Yes, I'd like proof.

2. Also I would like to know then why there are 6 characters all trading a LOT with each other. Shared characters and alts cannot be trading even if there are legitimate brothers.

Looking at the stats of these characters, and the trade logs, storage logs, and some middleman trading, connection logs, and staggered actions of several of them when online together, I am sure that even if you have a brother or two, some of these characters belong to the same person, or at the very least, are shared.

1. 4 brothers playing? Yes, I'd like proof.

2. Also I would like to know then why there are 6 characters all trading a LOT with each other. Shared characters and alts cannot be trading even if there are legitimate brothers.

Looking at the stats of these characters, and the trade logs, storage logs, and some middleman trading, connection logs, and staggered actions of several of them when online together, I am sure that even if you have a brother or two, some of these characters belong to the same person, or at the very least, are shared.

1. 3 bro and 1 sis, actually. How can I provide proof? I'm certainly willing.

2. Ah yes, two of my bros had alts (microman and thephantom were the first characters they created, but only used a short time. their main/only characters now are NightWalker and dustfinger). However, we recently discussed these, and decided they should delete microman and thephantom. Just so we're out in the clear, before I discovered this was a ban, I created a character GLF00 (P.S. my bro says to tell you that around the same time he created Play3r to test stuff. we'll delete GLF00 and Play3r now that we know what's up) to check if the game was still up or if was a prob with my character. Regarding some of the trading, sometimes we buy stuff for each other or give stuff at lower prices. I thought this was allowed between friends.

So, I'd be happy to provide proof, but you'll have to explain how you need it done. Also, my bros are planning to delete microman and thephantom, and we'll each have only one character (GELND for me, dustfinger for one bro, NightWalker for the other, Silverfox for sis).

Edited by GELND

Deleting characters one has illegally traded with doesn't make it go away.

Microman and NightWalker had a lot of illegal trades.

As for proof...how about a picture (no real names obviously) with the 4 of you together with your 4 computers and something to prove each of you belongs to a separate character? (Forum pm or via my email aisy_el@yahoo.com)

As to trading, assuming you provide reasonable proof, I would like to see the 4 of you function as separate entities with no trades for a while, no muling for the other or "special prices". NightWalker would not get his character back for a month regardless, although is free to make a new one or a temporary one (he won't be able to transfer the stuff however, like he did before).

Deleting characters one has illegally traded with doesn't make it go away.

Microman and NightWalker had a lot of illegal trades.

As for proof...how about a picture (no real names obviously) with the 4 of you together with your 4 computers and something to prove each of you belongs to a separate character?

I apologize for this. NightWalker is young, and I should have explained the rules better to him. From now on, I'll make sure he understands.

Okay, but can I email or pm you the pic? I'd rather not have our faces on the web for everyone to see (also, please don't post the pic anywhere once I get it to you). Do you want me to point out in the pic who each one is (usernames, obviously)?

Lastly, my bro says he tried to delete Play3r, but he keeps getting told "wrong password". If you'd delete Play3r, this would be appreciated.

Okay, but can I email or pm you the pic? I'd rather not have our faces on the web for everyone to see (also, please don't post the pic anywhere once I get it to you). Do you want me to point out in the pic who each one is (usernames, obviously)?

(Forum pm or via my email aisy_el@yahoo.com)

Ok, picture received, thank you very much.

As I said, I will unlock GELND, Dustfinger, and Silverfox.

I appreciate your efforts to help NightWalker understand. :icon4:

Ok, picture received, thank you very much.

As I said, I will unlock GELND, Dustfinger, and Silverfox.

I appreciate your efforts to help NightWalker understand. :icon4:

Ok, thanks. NightWalker will be unlocked in a month, right? Do we remind you when the time comes or do you keep track of this?

Post here in a month.

Reminder to unlock Nightwalker. As we discussed in game, he has been playing as Warpath, but would like to keep Nightwalker. He tried to use killme on Warpath, but it didn't work. So if he's not allowed to have both, he would like to keep Nightwalker, and you can lock or delete Warpath.

Post here in a month.

Reminder to unlock Nightwalker. As we discussed in game, he has been playing as Warpath, but would like to keep Nightwalker. He tried to use killme on Warpath, but it didn't work. So if he's not allowed to have both, he would like to keep Nightwalker, and you can lock or delete Warpath.

I unlocked Nightwalker.

Nothing that was on warpath can get put onto Nightwalker, either by direct trade or via another person/bag/etc.

Post here in a month.

I unlocked Nightwalker.

Nothing that was on warpath can get put onto Nightwalker, either by direct trade or via another person/bag/etc.

Thank you. He understands that, and gave Warpath's stuff away with specific instructions to the receivers NOT to give it to Nightwalker.