Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raistlin

Remove serp stones from instance purposes

Hi all,

with the use of serpent stones to shorten instance waiting time, the price hike is on.

Too many players using them to do several instances a day/week to get the big drops

for big money (seems Yeti killing just isn't enough gc nowadays :P). It's impossible

to find one for sale these days. Furthermore prices have risen from ~5k to 9k gc atm,

if you are lucky. This results in low supply for great swords.

I suggest removing serp stones from the use of reducing instance waiting time and replacing

them with something else if needed. Perhaps black/ice dragon scales should be taken into

consideration, since red dragon scales already are involved in this.

What do you think?

Raistlin

yes please. Although I do wonder if instances are really the reason. Seems to me it's more invasion tokens and scales that are being used for that, but of course only Radu knows. I just wonder how many of the serp stones that enter the game end up with the topmanuer that pays crazy amounts of gc for them...

But anything that will free up serp stones (or bindings, for that matter) will get my support

Edited by Dilly

wouldnt it be nice to use invasion tokens for that ?

my bad, thats already implemented.

Edited by Gilrain

Just remove it. No need to replace for other item. The instances are being farmed...

wait.. you mean the instances werent meant to be farmed wow all this time i thought they were put solely in there for farming so ppl could buy more nexus?

The instances were meant to do something different, have a challenge, have some fun. But you know as always people got money on their minds and started farming.

oh wowawee how do we reduce farming mr liam?

Easily, you remove the ability to reduce waiting time. One instance per week is more then enough to have a little bit of fun. if you want more then one, organize your team to go do one on the test server.

wow its really that easy to stop farming of instances why didnt this happen in the first place when ppl started doing 2+ instances per day

Idk, maybe it was seen as a "feature" or was rosto poofing.

Just remove it. No need to replace for other item. The instances are being farmed...

All kinds of farming is bad for game economy, i agree on that, not sure if instance farming is actually happening (need to know better about breaks, rosto losts during instances to make sure this farming is actually "farming") but its better to have ppl farming on instances (where they are riskyng something" other then flower/yeti farming where the risks are realy low.

i think good idea becouse we dont need serp stone anymore we have alot rd scale in game

But also there are some itens that need to be removed from the game. And lets not forget that Radu's castle needs more bricks, i think instances are one of the main brick sources.

Without the real numbers on here we cant tell for sure if lack of serp stones comes from ppl using it for instances pourposes or if its not being found (in game)/bought (in shop).

I belive to solve the farm issue and still get scales out of the game, ppl could only be able to reduce #ii time once a week. (idk how hard that would be to implement).

All kinds of farming is bad for game economy, i agree on that, not sure if instance farming is actually happening (need to know better about breaks, rosto losts during instances to make sure this farming is actually "farming") but its better to have ppl farming on instances (where they are riskyng something" other then flower/yeti farming where the risks are realy low.

Say 4 people, no bricks lost, no more breaks than they would in any random highlevel invasion, and they finish the pr0est instance in somewhere between 45 mins and 1 hour.