Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
fictman

login problems and create char prob

options are login, new charactor and settings. Cant login, I click the button but it tells me I dont exist. new charactor takes me into the game but I have no interface and can only move the camera around the charactor whom I had no hand in customising. Running on Ubuntu.

options are login, new charactor and settings. Cant login, I click the button but it tells me I dont exist. new charactor takes me into the game but I have no interface and can only move the camera around the charactor whom I had no hand in customising. Running on Ubuntu.

The NewChar screen does NOT take you in game! That is where you customize your character so you see what you look like! Your char won't be created until you set the name/password/looks and then complete it there.

I've had something similar in Windows where the spot I click is not the spot on the screen. This turned out to be a graphics card driver issue. If you are clicking way off the mark to get a result, maybe it's the same thing.

yeah crazy but true I click on newchar and it takes me to the game with no interface and I cant move. help!

I think you are in the right place. It looks like you are in the game but you really aren't yet.

Try this tutorial on character creation, courtesy of Kl4Uz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghTgnABSxbc

Let us know if this helps.

I've had something similar in Windows where the spot I click is not the spot on the screen. This turned out to be a graphics card driver issue. If you are clicking way off the mark to get a result, maybe it's the same thing.

This might also be a mouse bug. You can toggle it in settings.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this