Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Matthew Robinson

problem with el.ini file and picking a server

Guest Matthew Robinson

i've dowloaded the game and put both of the items in a folder, but whenever I click "ChooseELServer.app" and it opens up ill click main, test, or pk and then press ok. Then it won't do anything. but the game will open up when i click "EternalLands.app" and ive managed to make an account (though I have to really downsize all the graphic stuff to get it to work.) but whenever I log in it will hold the screen of the game for about 2 or 3 seconds then it will quit. ive tried to go to the el.ini file and edit the "use_animation_program= 1" and replace it with 0 but....... :) I don't know where to find it... im not a great a computer guy.... id really like the help because the game looks really fun.

i've dowloaded the game and put both of the items in a folder, but whenever I click "ChooseELServer.app" and it opens up ill click main, test, or pk and then press ok. Then it won't do anything. but the game will open up when i click "EternalLands.app" and ive managed to make an account (though I have to really downsize all the graphic stuff to get it to work.) but whenever I log in it will hold the screen of the game for about 2 or 3 seconds then it will quit. ive tried to go to the el.ini file and edit the "use_animation_program= 1" and replace it with 0 but....... :) I don't know where to find it... im not a great a computer guy.... id really like the help because the game looks really fun.

Search in el.in for the poor_man option and enable it, then start EternalLands.app again.

If this doesn't help, wait for someone to reply here who knows more about Mackintosh's than i do.

Piper

Guest Guest

ok but where is the el.ini? ive already gone to the settings in the main screen and set it to poor man plus pulling out some stuff like the sky and shadows.

i've dowloaded the game and put both of the items in a folder, but whenever I click "ChooseELServer.app" and it opens up ill click main, test, or pk and then press ok. Then it won't do anything.

I cannot recall if it was Fedora or Florian who created that ChooseELServer.app applescript program. You are not alone in not getting it to work, since someone else recently was asking me about it. However, you do not really need to use ChooseELServer.app at all if you want to play on the main server (which is where most people are anyway). Just start the game from EternalLands.app.

ok but where is the el.ini? ive already gone to the settings in the main screen and set it to poor man plus pulling out some stuff like the sky and shadows.

Your el.ini file is stored at ~/Library/Application Support/Eternal Lands/main (or test, or pk depending on the server you are connecting to). It sounds like you can already run the game, so it is advisable to make any settings changes from within EL. If you manually modify your own el.ini file and make a mistake, there is a chance the game will not start properly. If this happens, delete your el.ini file, and it should get regenerated with default settings.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.