Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thyralax

Halloween 09

As it is the time for strange goings on and all manner of creepyness and horrorfilled fun this is the events for this years halloween Draia style :)

Friday 30th:

The big Witch hunt: Hunt the pkable wolfwitch Evening GMT

Saturday 31st

Halloween trivia contest: 15 trivia questions in ws palace :) Late morning GMT

Trick or treat: Hunt the thyralax and win either a treat or a trick (good sports only need try!) Afternnon GMT

Halloween bag hunt: several bags placed down in key locations find them from the pictures to win the contents Late evening GMT

Sunday 1st november

The walking dead invasion Multi map invasion Early evening GMT

Story tellers awards award ceremony for the winner of the scary story contest Evening GMT

Hope you all have fun and enjoy the events.

Good luck and remember its not the winning but the fun along the way that counts. (its just more fun if you win :))

edit: changed time of trivia due to long running time of the witch hunt :)

Edited by Thyralax

Halloween trivia has been done.

Winners were

koddy 7

yggdrasill 6

sasi 6

birdcamp 3

nardo 1

mysticviper 1

And a special thank you goes to nardo for helping keep track of the scores :D

Hope evyone had fun i know i did.

Remember all gnomes are tasty especialy when sugar coated as trick or treat pressies :P

Trick or treat

hunt the Thyralax

after a long chase over 2 continents and in and out of numerous caves and other dark places we finally gave out oll of the prizes :)

which were

harvest med

harvest med

5kgc

5kgc

5kgc

5kgc

5kgc

(50) ghp's

(50) ghp's

Iron greaves

Fast regen cloak

Conj cloak

5kgc

5kgc

5kgc

5kgc

5kgc

Brown tricorn hat

(50) diss rings

(5k) Fire essence

also amongst them were some tricks :P

Thank you all for playing and i hope you had fun :D

The halloween bag hunt :P

The game is simple.

There are three hyperspace bags placed about.

There is a picture of each bags placement.

Find the bag to keep the contents

If they are not found in 12 hours time a small hint will be given as to thier location :D

When/if you find a bag please post the co-ords and location :)

elscreen043.png

elscreen044.png

elscreen045.png

Good hunting :=)

You are in the Ruins of Tirnym [32,117]

TYVM thyralax :P first time participating in this contest hehe

#EDIT: for anyone wondering, the book was tit short of ice

Edited by teehee

I found the hyperbag in the first picture. It was in the White Stone undergrounds, past the first hobgoblin, over the hillock, and beside the big spiderweb with the sword.

Thanks for the event :-)

Edited by Jenfy

The walking Dead Invasion

More posts will be made here to further the story as time passes. links will be posted in channel 7 and occasionally sent in blue to keep you informed as the invasion takes place. (there are also 2 hide and seeks with in the invasion as well with some prizes so keep tuned in for them)

A Mist rolls out across Irilion dark shapes can be seen moving with in like shadows watching every movement ready to pounce at any unfortunate that steps too close.

We received a report from Captain Elwin in Tarsengarrd.

" Its like nothing we have seen before, the mages told us to keep clear of it, three of them went in to investigate, all we heard was the rush of magic, the strong smell of ozone as they must have discharged some sort of magic, then the screams..... Bloodcurdling screams, then all went quiet...it seemed like ages i told the men to keep to their orders and stand fast. Then three shapes started to emerge out of the mist. The rustling of wet robes and then they lurched out their white robes soaked in crimson, their eyes glowed from under the cowls of their cloaks I tried to speak to tell my men to be ready but it was to late they already had rushed to help the wizards... th.then they began their spells and my men fell drained of life I couldn’t stand the screams as they died and i ran when the wind whipped the hood back of one them mages... blood streaked bare bone grinning back at me, and then my men...they they just climbed to their feet lurching forward towards the magic school. I gulped down the last potion i had and ran like the wind to escape. Something terrible walks in that mist something inhuman."

Lord Luxin of Whitestone is issuing an all out message to everyone, they should remain in their homes, or seek shelter somewhere safe, preferably in groups. Until further notice.

We are receiving filtered reports from many soldiers on the battle fields that A dark figure has been seen almost everywhere, dressed in ancient armour a sword forged in ages past and surrounded by a chill. Like a general he seems to be overseeing his men.

Some claim it is Lord Vermour himself returned from the grave to reclaim his birthright.

We Need Warriors to enter Vermour castle and see if the dead lord still rests. No doubt it will be dangerous in there so only the bravest should go.

We have received an urgent call the beasts that made it to Tarsengarrd have regrouped under the magic school and are swarming in. We must save the magic school before all of the mages are slain and turned into undead slaves of the dead knight.

There are 3 wizards in the magic school usl, ghaele, wolfwitch find them and trade each a ring/portals room essences so they can escape.

the wizards were saved

The 3 wizards were researching this ancient warrior when they were attacked they managed to escape with their books so they can continue the research. However together they have managed to complete an incantation to push the mists back. The undead plague wont be able to spread as far as before.

The mages saved from the magic school have finished their research into the knight and need help to finish this threat

We have completed our research and scrying into the dark knight, and from his armour we are almost certain that he is Sir Gaheris an ancient knight errant of Azaghal. Slain in an ancient battle. When his lord ordered a retreat Azaghal was left alone against a horde of hobgoblin warriors, he stood valiantly but was felled by sword and axe of a thousand warriors, as he lay dying and broken he swore his revenge upon the lords and warriors of Good. As the sun set and his blood soaked the ground body broken his spirit rose and rode forth across the land. slaying all he met. until an ancient order of sorcerers bound him into a hidden prison. Over the years it seems he has managed to escape his prison and has again begun to fulfil his death curse. In his current state we can not harm him with spell or sword, but we believe we can bind him back into a material form so he can be slain. We will require several items to perform the ritual. A broken sword, a damaged suit of iron armour and 50 spirit/50death and 50 life essence.

Find each mage at a place of ancient magic

ghaele needs the used armour

usl needs the used sword

wolfwitch needs the essence

Edited by Thyralax

as the mages were given the items they needed

With a deep breath in unison, the triumvirate of magicians have begun the incantation, the stones of the ancient sites reverberate with power the chanting reaches a crescendo as appearing with in each is the ancient form of the knight, first his armour solidifies then his sword swipes the air futilely at the enchanters. Finally as the essences are burnt the voices of the magicians reverberate like thunder .The knights body wrenches fully onto this plane with a bloodcurdling howl. The magicians exhausted slumped down breathing shallowly as they watch Sir Gaheris quickly retreat to his ancient home.

The great heroes stormed past the guardians descending into the dark halls of the ancient haunted castle, Sir Gaheris stood there howling with manic glee as he sent warrior after warrior into the ground, but still they pressed onwards, and bit by bit the fallen knight was finally defeated and given his final rest.we hope!

Congratulations to

The brave warriors who searched vermor castle

cherUT, Amakuni, boedha For rescuing the wizards in TG magic school

randall, JaxomCA (twice), for getting the items to the wizards in the ancient magical locations

dman for issuing the death blow to the fallen knight

And to all the helpers over this weekend especially wolfwitch, usl, ghaele, molime & maxine (for helping out a noob in dire straights)

a VERY special thank you to Roja, aislinn and acelon for judging the scary story contest.

And to everyone who has participated in all of this Halloweens events.

I hope you all have had as much fun participating as I have had organising them :)

Ohhhh and still the announcement for the scary stroy competition to go.

If anyone has any constructive comments on the invasion or any other event feel free to post them here.

Edited by Thyralax

thank you for invasion,i remembred old times,when those invasions were like 1x by month or so,but maybe would be a bit nice ,invade them more on c1 to different maps ^^ but thank you for invasion Thyry :P

-KoDdy