Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

PK arenas change

they both have a point, when i was a newb (did i ever stop being one? :medieval::P ) i never even knew of the arena's existance, its out of the way..

EDIT: maybe change some of the unused tele pads on the map for a quicker arena-> storage, and boats->arena/storage(coming back from underworld)

because compared to something like KF, or NCA, DPA is relatively out of the way.

Edited by Frost

Nope, did/do own a DPA alt though. It's just supposed to be a helpfull suggestion, do with it what you like.

Well, you are the only person that ever complained about 'how far' they are.

i personally dont see his suggestion as a complaint.

Arena would just be like advertising it self, so it would attract more ppl.

lets make another pool, and see if he is the one who would like this idea and agree on it.

Nope, did/do own a DPA alt though. It's just supposed to be a helpfull suggestion, do with it what you like.

Well, you are the only person that ever complained about 'how far' they are.

i personally dont see his suggestion as a complaint.

Arena would just be like advertising it self, so it would attract more ppl.

lets make another pool, and see if he is the one who would like this idea and agree on it.

Not another poll! :>(

Anyway, his complaint was that "omfg, so far away, in such a deserted place, where no mortal has gone before".

The truth is, the arenas in DP are near the CC entrance from the storage, so every newbie will see them sooner or later.

Furthermore, the target is not newbies, it is mid level players 40+ a/d.

Newbies to this game are more and more helped by more experienced players, even a few guilds are created just for the purpose of helping newbies get comfy with the gamerules and the game setup..

And thinking bout that, i dont think newbies will go to dp mines all that often, since u walk more then u will be harvesting..

So assuming that newbies will see an arena cause it's close to a mine which is so far from storage compaired to some other mines won't really do it imo..

Then again, most arenas, besides nca and maybe ws, aren't used all that much anyway..

It could be that this is cause of the long distance from arena to sto, but mostly this is because people go to the place where the other people are..

Especially once people chose a guild, they will go to places where their guildies are, i never seen 1 person from guild X go to nca and the other person got to ws, they mostly stick together..

To newbies coming into this game, they will at first look around, check channel 1 and 2..

Dont think their first first goal will be, go pk in arenas and kick some oldies butt..

Will there be a notice in screen for newer players that there are arenas now in which u can try some pk gameplay?

Or will there be a story tutorial starting at 1 npc going to some other npc, with all npc's giving newer players some missions, like ur a/d 20 now lets kill 20 gobs and return to me.. Ur lvl 40 a/d now, go to dp arena and try kill ur first opponent in a 1 to 1 battle..

This wont give u any exp or items, but it will guide u thru the a/d gameplay of EL..

Just like there is a "tutorial" in almost every other skill

And thinking bout that, i dont think newbies will go to dp mines all that often, since u walk more then u will be harvesting..

False. Seen as how a lot of newbies soon find their way to making FEs, most of them do spend time there for the sulfur.

So assuming that newbies will see an arena cause it's close to a mine which is so far from storage compaired to some other mines won't really do it imo..

What the fuck..

Where do the newbies get their sulfur from?

What the fuck..

Morcraven Marsh has sulphur in the mine :pickaxe:

Then again, there are those pesky skeletons and goblins

Furthermore, the target is not newbies, it is mid level players 40+ a/d.

What the fuck..

No offense intended.

edit: Look I'm not just saying its a bit out of the way of your target group, I also meant it will be interesting for new people to the game to watch people PK'ing. You might argue they can still go look if they want (provided they know where it is, or even think about it), but where's the harm in putting it somewhere visible from a route people regularly travel.

It's the same reason the lottery NPC is not as popular as it should be, because it's in a remote place, out of sight/out of mind.

Edited by St_Arcane

edit: Look I'm not just saying its a bit out of the way of your target group, I also meant it will be interesting for new people to the game to watch people PK'ing. You might argue they can still go look if they want (provided they know where it is, or even think about it), but where's the harm in putting it somewhere visible from a route people regularly travel.

It's the same reason the lottery NPC is not as popular as it should be, because it's in a remote place, out of sight/out of mind.

Well, one way to solve this problem is to advertise it more, and have a PK tutorial on the website.

What the fuck..

U dont seem to like it when people disagree huh?

But like i said, newbies are taken care of by diff guilds lately, so they will be helped in every way, so why u think that they wont be helped to get c2 rings and help them explore there, c2 has multiple interesting places to harv ur sulfur, which are better located then dp mine is.. Most newbies are fast in getting a mm also, so they can harv sulfur in evtr for example..

But like i said, newbies are taken care of by diff guilds lately, so they will be helped in every way

Well, thats good. So those guilds can tell the newbies where the arenas are in DP :pickaxe:

Piper

U dont seem to like it when people disagree huh?

I don't have a problem when people disagree with me so long as it is constructive.

But like i said, newbies are taken care of by diff guilds lately, so they will be helped in every way, so why u think that they wont be helped to get c2 rings and help them explore there, c2 has multiple interesting places to harv ur sulfur, which are better located then dp mine is.. Most newbies are fast in getting a mm also, so they can harv sulfur in evtr for example..

C2 is dangerous for newbies, especially at night, but not only. And I highly, highly doubt that there are newbies that made FEs and didn't go at least a few times to the CC.

'C2 is dangerous for newbies, especially at night, but not only. And I highly, highly doubt that there are newbies that made FEs and didn't go at least a few times to the CC.

We used to go from VOTD storage to CC and used the north portal, shorter and all the flowers were in VOTD.

Found the other way months after but only used it for iron and silver. :pickaxe:

How about putting one of the arenas near the bridge in DP? south of tele spot. OR maybe further away, but a sign pointing to it - that skull'n'bones sign with an arrow sign under it, should be clear. It would be far from storage, and people going from DP docks to sto will notice it.

Have you seen the price of MM cloaks lately MasterZen? Almost priced out of the reach of a brand new newbie, IF of course they can even find one for sale. Also I believe most guilds would advise newbies not to go to C2 alone,until your more familar with the game and its dangers. Having said that, for ppl who are to low to join a guild, seeing PK "in action" at lower levels would be a good thing.

pk quest at tutorial npc, win or lose 1 fight at DPA \o/

Not a bad idea TBH, and doesnt really need to invole the player having to fight.

The Tut NPC could send you to talk to a new NPC at DPA "Arena master " so to speak. The NPC could explain the basics of PK, Dis rings, Brod, CoTu's etc, and on returning to the Tut NPC he could reward them with a few SRS's, Dis rings or such like.

total BS that newbies don't go to CC. If someone asks on channel one where to find sulfur, they'll be told CC 90% of the time.

pk quest at tutorial npc, win or lose 1 fight at DPA \o/

Not a bad idea TBH, and doesnt really need to invole the player having to fight.

The Tut NPC could send you to talk to a new NPC at DPA "Arena master " so to speak. The NPC could explain the basics of PK, Dis rings, Brod, CoTu's etc, and on returning to the Tut NPC he could reward them with a few SRS's, Dis rings or such like.

This is actually, imo - +1

This update makes the arenas much more active, but even more impossible for newbies to pvp in. Now they're up against players that have infinitely more gold than they do and unless they're using a leveling attrib build, much much higher attribs and magic than the old DPA alts.

i see dpa very bad idea brcouse people they dont need train anymore and they pk only in dpa

ppl 80 a/d with bronze kill ppl 140 a/d lol

i see dpa very bad idea brcouse people they dont need train anymore and they pk only in dpa

I guess you trained a lot, AMAR.

I guess you trained a lot, AMAR.

Lol :icon13::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Amar crying because he is noob pker :<