Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

putting cool down back on pots and rings on pots and rings

Ok when i asked for sugestions i was talking about Pking not harvester or alt killing

Chris, prohibited, DHt if you all group together and attack me it wont make any difference my setup is for multi attacks like i said i can handle 6 yetis attacking me. The only skill that might help is a powerfull ranger one that can hit at least 150 hp otherwise forget it. I will just keep wearing red clocks and using MI

And whats the point of not attacking capped players stupid suggestion come you im still waiting for your Tac tics on how to pk someone on the pk server.

All i am hearing is what to do instead of pking on the pk server. I would rather join forcess to attack high end mobs rather than sacrifice pking.

just rember all i have to do if anyone does find a way to put me under pressure is click a dis ring followed by a tele ring and im out of there still no pk because off no cool down on rings.

Handy

I concur with Handyman.

The other posts are skirting around core combat imbalance issues.

Radu thought deeply about all this and added appropriate cool downs on main server for a reason. Yes pk server was started with different intentions, but its obvious that it is not working out as it was intended

If people think no cooldowns on pk server is one of its special unique features and not a gameplay imbalance then maybe just try to grit your teeth and accept that cooldowns will be better for the game overall in the long term.

Cooldowns are common feature of many online games, because of the unintended gameplay distortions they create on various skills etc.

Edited by DarkGuard

i almost got you when u dropped MI, was one harm away from killing you :<

And u have to admit, i would have won, if either you didnt have mirror/eva/tinf/igitd, or i had those as well

Edited by ChrisC

I can understand no cool down on food is great and does not cost as much as it does on main, over here we have no need for feast pots. we lvl craft manu e.c.t just with friut and to me that is one of the good points to this server, great if you are a hard core mixer.

But with no cooldown on srs's and rings Pk just wont work at our lvl's. Someone metioned about makin sr's no stackable but then you will still have the 2 ring option (click dis then tele ring) to excape getting pked because no cool down on rings.

This server was always about trial and era and we knew things would have to change as the server progested to get it right in the end.

This forum has played a good part it the transitions that have occured on this server. We have had alot of ideas and intresting discussions on here but we still need to find a way to get the interest from the main server if we ever want to increase the player base on here. And yes not every one will like the suggested changes but where do we go from here.

We know a free server is out of the question.

we know the copying option is on the table but not sure What Ent is prepaired to do with it, or if as it stands if would even increase the player base.

We know that just adding cool down to rings and srs's is now out of the question it cooldown on everything or nothing and i dont think that is even an option.

We have tried running events on main giving away free char's that we have even paid for ourselves.

To be honest with you i dont have a clue what to try next Cooldown just on srs's and rings would interest players on main along with the copying option.

Maybe what we need is a thread on main forum titled what would need to change on the pk server to get players from main interested in joining then see what idea's they come up with

Handy

I'd be interested to see the results of a poll on the main forum asking..

Would you be motivated to start a new character on pk server if it had ALL the cooldowns of main server?

Yes

No

Edited by DarkGuard

Sorry for the off topic

i almost got you when u dropped MI, was one harm away from killing you :<

And u have to admit, i would have won, if either you didnt have mirror/eva/tinf/igitd, or i had those as well

Chris have you gone completely mad or what????

i would have won, if either you didn't have mirror/eva/tinf/igitd, or i had those as well

The answer is yes if you live in a dream world

But if you had them instead of the 26 pp's they cost then no because your set up would be different, its like saying i would have won if the cap on my char was 200 a/d and i had reached it

I think you are getting confused if you had all them perks then you would be 26 pp's less off your currant build

Just for you info i don't have all of those perks anyway and also i have not taken all the neg perks i still use scotty and have never taken Hellspawn and in fact have spare pp's still to be used.

But would like say after not playing for nearly a year its nice to fight someone that can give me a run for my money

Handy

Edited by handyman

i would have won, if either you didn't have mirror/eva/tinf/igitd, or i had those as well

The answer is yes if you live in a dream world

But if you had them instead of the 26 pp's they cost then no because your set up would be different, its like saying i would have won if the cap on my char was 200 a/d and i had reached it

I think you are getting confused if you had all them perks then you would be 26 pp's less off your currant build

Just for you info i don't have all of those perks anyway and also i have not taken all the neg perks i still use scotty and have never taken Hellspawn and in fact have spare pp's still to be used.

But would like say after not playing for nearly a year its nice to fight someone that can give me a run for my money

Handy

Why would u take One perk, but not SD or HS? D:

and yes, even if i had spent the PP on eva/tinf/mirror/igitd like you, it would have been mroe even. You said yourself u are set up for multi fights (tinf/eva) and i take 5 dmg every hit/block (igitd), and u told me u have mirror perk ;)

I'd be interested to see the results of a poll on the main forum asking..

Would you be motivated to start a new character on pk server if it had ALL the cooldowns of main server?

Yes

No

Problem is i dont think this server would want cooldown on food as its one of the great things about this place.

Thats why i proposed cooldown just on srs's and rings it would get interest from main and still keep us different

Chris this thread is not about you pls keep on Topic

make you own If, What, Maybe thread but pls keep this one on topic

Handy

Edited by handyman

Handyman, please relax. Chris only knows PK from killing the Ant_Queen...

And uhhm can you please mix some stuff for me (stuff for mixture of power)?

Edit; Oh that was so completely off-topic...

On-Topic, if we cant get partial cooldown, I guess further discussion about it is not that useful.

Edit; It seems we have a bunch of new players on the server now, maybe our problem is keeping existing players active..

Edited by ProHibited

Problem is i dont think this server would want cooldown on food as its one of the great things about this place.

Thats why i proposed cooldown just on srs's and rings it would get interest from main and still keep us different

I'm sure there would be a bunch that won't like the idea of food cooldowns, it definitely would slow down mixing/increase costs. But are they all 100% against it or are there many willing to give it a try in the name of improving the servers future overall?

Since we can't be selective with what gets cooldowns, so either on all or on nothing, we are force to either try it or get stuck in a rut with the status quo, so we should probably talk to many of the pk server player base explaining this proposed change and see whether they would be willing to give it a go (knowing that it would be possible to revert back if everyone complained alot after playing the game with cooldowns).

Also about this poll I mentioned above, what if it showed that 50 new players would be motivated to start a character on pk server if these changes happened? is potentially 50 new players coming over worth upsetting maybe 10 to 20 existing players?

I don't really like mixing WITH cooldown, so with added cooldown ill probably stick to FE or something that doesnt require much food then buy the rest.

Ok so 50% votes against 50% votes in favor, lets get half cooldown? Could we maybe get a small hint on what our options are here? I have no idea how much time anything costs regarding server changes, so perhaps someone (that would be Radu) could give a little update on the possibilities?

We know that just adding cool down to rings and srs's is now out of the question it cooldown on everything or nothing and i dont think that is even an option.

It's possible we're all (us and Entropy) are too limited in our thinking about this. We asked if we could get cooldown on just some stuff and Entropy said: no, all or nothing. OK, so what if we had cooldown on everything, but changed the duration of the cooldown on food to something small (1 or 2 seconds). After all, shrooms are listed as having no cooldown, which may mean 1 second like everything on PK (Ref: CEL site).

So Entropy could enable cooldown on everything and change the duration on fruits/veggies to 1 second.

That would take care of all the pots and rings, but still permit the mixing friendly environment.

It's possible we're all (us and Entropy) are too limited in our thinking about this. We asked if we could get cooldown on just some stuff and Entropy said: no, all or nothing. OK, so what if we had cooldown on everything, but changed the duration of the cooldown on food to something small (1 or 2 seconds). After all, shrooms are listed as having no cooldown, which may mean 1 second like everything on PK (Ref: CEL site).

So Entropy could enable cooldown on everything and change the duration on fruits/veggies to 1 second.

That would take care of all the pots and rings, but still permit the mixing friendly environment.

If that is possible would be great

This server isnt far from being perfect but if can iron out these few things then more players would want to come here

But we really need some Admin feed back in here

Asgnny reads through these forum and we are greatfull for his wisdom. You have played this game from day 1 you know all about pking and what makes it exciting feel free to post any thoughts.

Handy

OK, that sounds like a possible compromise he might do. If he won't then can we get back to what I suggested.

What? Are you serious? How long have you played the server to not know that there IS actually 1 second cooldown on pots, rings AND food?

First off, I didn't mean "fight 3 a/d-ers against 3 a/d-ers", I meant fight in teams: summoners, archers, a/d fighters, maybe even engineers for that matter. Does a football team have only attackers, huh? How do you suppose to guild projects be handled then if all teams are one skill professionals? "We all go as mules and hope at least one of us survives the trip to sto". Nice. Really.

Second, the server came out as expected, actually. Radu predicted it to be ~100 active players, but not all of them online at the same time of course, and that's what we have. Look at the statistics - in past week, 100 characters have been logged on, over 150 in the last 2 weeks. Only today there have been more than 50 separate characters logged into the server.

Also, 1 second cooldown was exactly what the pk-server-player-wannabes wanted. Additionally, radu said character transferring/copying would never happen, and I hope this rule would be preserved.

There are 2 problems we have at the moment:

1) lack of new players (due to lack of advertising and promoting, even eye to eye talking with EL-playing friends about it)

2) keeping the players in (due to lack of events, support, help, AND competition)

So I suggest we address those and all give some input to change that instead of shooting nonsense ideas into the wild.

First off, I didn't mean "fight 3 a/d-ers against 3 a/d-ers", I meant fight in teams: summoners, archers, a/d fighters, maybe even engineers for that matter. Does a football team have only attackers, huh? How do you suppose to guild projects be handled then if all teams are one skill professionals? "We all go as mules and hope at least one of us survives the trip to sto". Nice. Really.

So forget about a PK server and have a team event server you need players to make the teams and that is the problem low player base on this server.

I suppose me and Bkc could have logged on to our alts the other night and made a team because we were the only two online.

Second, the server came out as expected, actually. Radu predicted it to be ~100 active players, but not all of them online at the same time of course,

What radu said was he would not start the PK server until 100 players signed up for it

Also, 1 second cooldown was exactly what the pk-server-player-wannabes wanted. Additionally, radu said character transferring/copying would never happen, and I hope this rule would be preserved.

From the beginning it was said the server would evolve and some changes have made, some have even been reversed. We are still not there yet otherwise the server would alive with players.

There are 2 problems we have at the moment:

1) lack of new players (due to lack of advertising and promoting, even eye to eye talking with EL-playing friends about it)

2) keeping the players in (due to lack of events, support, help, AND competition)

no 1 loads of people know about the pk server, big question why don't they want to be here?

no 2 what makes you think its the lack of events that makes them leave the Pk server? sooner or later they get bored or RL or another game comes along.

All of this has been tried and tried you might get 1 or 2 join or borrow a mates old char for a while

Talk to players on the main server and ask them why they don't come here or stay i did and one of the main points was no challenge to the pk side of it the other was were to lazy to train a char for a year or two to be able to compete here.

That is why we came up with the copying idea and no cooldown idea

Yeh we can carry on as we are but with more and more players reaching the 100 a/d cap pk is out of the window and we turn to learning other skills and the player base still stays no existent

DHT if you can find anyone to help promote this server then go for it anything will help mean while we will come up with new ideas and ways to get this server busier

Edit: Sorry just read this through and i didnt mean to sound harsh but the ideas you sugested we have tried serveral times even put our own $$ into it. If we want a busier server we need to listen to why people dont play or end up leaving here.

Handy

Edited by handyman

I don't say you need to log on your alts to make teams. By no means. This no team fighting comes from lack of people, and when this is fixed, I'm sure people would not care about the cooldown at all.

Yes, radu said he'd make the server if there were 100 people desiring for it. And there were. The original proposal what the server should look like is exactly how it is now, you can read the old topics. I know I did.

Yes, there actually are tons of player who haven't heard of the PK server, and yes, I'm doing something about that (I'm a bit forgetful but that's another issue). Yes, the lack of events drives people out to some degree, because there's lack of activity, lack of goals and everything. I'm not saying it's 100% the case.

By no means I say that you haven't done anything about these aforementioned things. On the contrary. I think you made a great job.

I do talk to bkc too you know, and I have proposed several ideas, we discussed the problems, what causes them, and how to fix them. I have been a guildmaster myself, leading a group of relatively new players, organising events, giving tasks and everything (don't ask me why I'm not one anymore, it's a long dramatic story. really long.) I do know a thing or two about what makes people quit, and what makes people stay. I can reveal some of the discussed ideas.

(no particular order implied, all issues are just as important)

1. The events. Yes, people want them, people want at least a temporary competition, something to drive them away from grinding and have adrenaline, have adventure. Kill remus was one event in a long time, and we had a lot of fun.

2. The guilds. Guildmasters should give tasks to the guildies, otherwise they wander around with no real purpose and eventually leave. Something like "mix this 20k srs for me", "reach level 30 in engineering" and similar are great to keeping them interested. furthermore, giving them prizes and awards for that is worthwhile the time and energy consumed. This definitely works with newbies, but some oldies just need to be told what to do just as well. I have even developed a reward and goal system, if you wanna take a look at it, reach me in game.

3. The overall activity on the server (follows up the guild stuff). If guildmasters take their guilds on projects, be it harvesting, be it raiding a map and killing all the harvesters, be it anything, they have something to look forward to. It promotes teamwork, establishes good relationship between guild members. And keeps them thinking "wow I wanna do that again".

So it's not only about cooldown. You should really look into the old threads about the pk server to see that most of the statistics I give are true.

EDIT: and the reason there are 2-5 players or even characters logged in at the time is purely time-zone related. it's midnight in Europe, so all europeans are sleeping. However a few hours ago the server was "boiling", so to say. That's because there are few american players.

Edited by DHT

Why on Teh God's Realm would anyone want a PK server resembling the Main one?

It will always resemble the main because its basically the same game. But even you call it the PK server so surely it should resemble Pking?

If you want a mixing server or a walk in the park server then maybe the main server is better suited to you.

Main Server has PK and has cooldown...

maybe the main server is better suited to you

Crappy discussion it is...

My point being, not every player on the pk server came here because of the PKing. Some, me included, did tried it and stayed because of No Cooldown and the community that the server used to have. And it all started to change with high level items...

If you want Hardcore PKing, get and old style server. A place where you don't waste hours getting items for higher items, but a place where you get basic items to get the skills out.

Isn't that what you wan't? Or what do you want?

Like you have said many times you are not a pker and never wanted to be So I guess you never really understand the excitement of actual Pking.

On the pk server There is no real skill to Pking no real excitement to pking and to be honest its plain boring.

At the beginning when levels were low yes everyone was going around killing each other and the excitement was there.

/.../

Its not about High end weapons and armor its about tac tics and actual player set up making use of what is available, quick reactions, Its about getting your Adrenalin going.

or read...

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=464248

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=461212

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=464667

just some reminders on a quick search. probably most never returned to those posts