Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Piggy

Graphics trouble on Windows re-install

After re-installing Widows XP Home to fix numerous glitches, my EL is all screwed up. I've been seeking different graphics drivers to try, but EL worked fine right after last re-install.

EL client (1.80) loads directly into Full-Screen mode at 640X800 and the settings won't change it. If I log in it crashes right away.

Meanwhile, I can find no newer drivers for my NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 Pro vid card and wonder if anyone has a clue.

I have updated Winnows all the way through SP3 with no difference, Maybe try reinstalling the EL client from fresh download? I wish it could be that simple!

Thanks for reading!

I'm not a problem-solving pr0, but first try to change video settings manually in My Documents/Eternal Lands/server/el.ini and disable full screen mode. Proceed with caution :P

Thanks DHT. I had been looking for that file! Turns out it's not there, the server folder hasn't been created. That must happen when the log in succeeds. I'm going to look for older copies of EL folders....

Oops, found it. It's in the Main folder, my Winders settings hid it. Changing the settings still didn't help but they do function.

Edited by Piggy

It's fixt!!

I found the solution, it involves NVIDIA's Legacy Driver Update program (for obsolete drivers.) This download would say it was not compatible with my hardware, but still left an NVIDIA folder on my C: drive. When I accessed 'Update Drivers' from device manager for my vid card, it found the files in that folder and Bingo!

Maybe this will help others with older TNT cards.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this