• * No harvest mini-events
    • Include harvest mini events
    • * One-second cooldown on everything
    • Regular cooldown on everything
    • * multi-play with alts legal
    • No trading with alts
    • * No high-end armor/weapon NPCs
    • Include high-end NPCs
  2. 2. Tripplets (choose one of the three choices)

• * Non-breakable NMT
    • Degradable NMT (Ent's proposal)
    • No NMT cape (or perk?)
    • *All armor/weapons mixable
    • No dragon armor/weapons or above
    • No Ti/Steel/Bronze weapons or above
    • * a/d cap at 100
    • All skills cap at 100
    • Some other cap configuration
    • * All maps PK with some safe zones
    • C2 PK and C1 safe
    • Same PK maps as main
  3. 3. Other configuration options

• * Include BroD
    • No Brod
    • * Include nexus removal stones
    • No nexus removal
    • * Nexus buying with hydro bars
    • No nexus buying
    • * p2p $5 per character
    • Free character creation
    • (*) $15 limited char copy from main (proposed)
    • No char transfers

Only Radu himself knows what in the end is best for his game and what direction it should or shouldnt take, all we as players can do is hopefully make logical suggestions (note: once again not aimed at this thread in particular) and try to help him in an *unbiased way. Yes 99% of players ideas are bad but there's always that 1% gem.

Now getting unbiased views and debates is the hard part. Ive played and spammed the forums of a few MMO's and IMO one underlying theme follows them all, and thats some players become attached to the game and start viewing it as "their" game, and will fight tooth and nail any changes that would make the game better for all, and/or help attract new players.

They just dont want "their" game changed from what they have become used to, and god forbid any player or dev should suggest changing "their" game

Somewhat agree, but if servers were free and money was pouring in and out the windows, do you think the game would look the way it does now? Plus, it's only human to want changes that benefit oneself.

Edited by idefix

Now, the funny thing about the results of this poll.....it seems the only real difference is that most people want to end mini-events. Else than that, 2 out of 3 people seem to want things the same way they are now.

You seemed to have overlooked the results related to removing BRoD and removing nexus removal stones. :)

Yes there a point to those polls?

I can't speak to the other polls, but for this one I was curious if there was any consensus in what people wanted, and if there was, how close it would be to the current configuration of either the Main or PK servers. That is, do people want what we already have (or close to it) or something totally different.

The current results of this poll are pretty interesting to me. There are some very clear preferences:

* No mini-events (8 to 1 margin!!)

* No BroD (2 to 1)

* Same PK maps as main has

Some other majority preferences (but less than a 2 to 1 margin), and a few with no clear winner (the margin is to small to assure statistical significance with a non-representative self-selected set of responders :) ).

They ain't my servers, but it would appear some adjustments could be made to both of them that would make them both a bit closer to what people are looking for. But clearly no one server will even come close to making everyone happy with so many sets of choices getting similar votes (to close to 50/50).

I'm satisfied with the information this poll generated.

I already know what people want, but that doesn't mean it is good for the game. And the more I hear about the mini events, the even less likely it is for me to ever remove them. If you want to make a point, leave the game.

Alternatively, people that don't like the mini events can play on the PK server, where they do not exist.

Thie reminds me of a few years ago every one was fed up and wanted changes so they came up with the idea to have a second server I would just like to say when this server was first talked about, SL7 asked me to come back to EL to be a part of a great new sever with loads of old school PKing. At the time is was what everyone on the main wanted.

Like the discussions is see you are all having now over here. But most of them missed their high end armor and weapons and all the work they had to do to build new chars.

If the new proposal go's through This could be a great opportunity for many of you to play both servers and the Pk server already has many of the things you are talking about. but this time you will be able to copy a char over so no need to spend a year or 2 building one.

Handy

I already know what people want, but that doesn't mean it is good for the game. And the more I hear about the mini events, the even less likely it is for me to ever remove them. If you want to make a point, leave the game.

Alternatively, people that don't like the mini events can play on the PK server, where they do not exist.

Just wanted to highlight this ^^: A simple and reasonable solution to a lot of discussions.

If you want e.g. no mini events or more pk-ing then invest something (like building a new char on PK). We have two servers - You just have to choose (You don't even really have to since you can play both :P )

As Lewis said, if you want mini events gone, you have to offer something in exchange. For example, a rule to play only 1 character at the same time on the main server. This gets rid of gc-harvesting alts. And there's still the white list for families and stuff.

The pk server has no cooldown. Its really a road blocker for most people i have talked with. Its the main problem of that server.

So that server is not "oldschool" pking. How can you die with stackable srs, dis rings with no cooldown and COL? Only if you aren't really paying attention.

Edited by Lorck

OR if your opponent is stronger and does high dmg, you fail to restore every 2 seconds and you cast MI, making a 4 second gap between restores, you get harmed, you get summoned on, you get gangraped, you get cooldowned by white tigers or ice bolts, etc etc. I always thought that the pkers know many ways to kill their opponent instead of clicking alt+1 and ctrl+1 all the time when fighting.

The pk server has no cooldown. Its really a road blocker for most people i have talked with. Its the main problem of that server.

So that server is not "oldschool" pking. How can you die with stackable srs, dis rings with no cooldown and COL? Only if you aren't really paying attention.

I do agree for more skillfull pking you need cooldown on srs brs and rings. and i personaly would sacrfice being able to kill icy and all the other high end mobs for better pking over on the pk server

Handy

OR if your opponent is stronger and does high dmg, you fail to restore every 2 seconds and you cast MI, making a 4 second gap between restores, you get harmed, you get summoned on, you get gangraped, you get cooldowned by white tigers or ice bolts, etc etc. I always thought that the pkers know many ways to kill their opponent instead of clicking alt+1 and ctrl+1 all the time when fighting.

Took on the whole server once that was with rangers top fighters and mages and summons if you want skillful pking you need cooldown. The only way to loose at the moment is lagg or run out of srs's/he's

Handy

Edited by handyman

Now, the funny thing about the results of this poll.....it seems the only real difference is that most people want to end mini-events. Else than that, 2 out of 3 people seem to want things the same way they are now.

You seemed to have overlooked the results related to removing BRoD and removing nexus removal stones. :P

I see that alot of folk do want BroD removal, but it still looks about tied on the nexus removal stones. The close yes/no count on nexus removal stones might have something to do with the implementation, but it is hard to tell.

Any chance of a new stone to be handed in to you personally for 1 month trial time on the pk server? Or a raffle or something?

Perhaps if they can try it for a limited time, they will be more likely to try it and get hooked.

OR if your opponent is stronger and does high dmg, you fail to restore every 2 seconds and you cast MI, making a 4 second gap between restores
You can dis, there is no cooldown on dis!
you get harmed
To get big harms your opponent needs to have mage build, which is probably more of a burden in a server where most maps are pk...
you get summoned on, you get gangraped
Dis ring, people catch your dis? You dis again!There is no cooldown!
you get cooldowned by white tigers or ice bolts, etc etc.
That doesn't equals certain death, only if you are much stronger than the opponent, even so its not absolutely certain death.
I always thought that the pkers know many ways to kill their opponent instead of clicking alt+1 and ctrl+1 all the time when fighting.
And i thought i liked pking because it had some skills, instead of just pwning someone unaware/laggy.

People wanted to know why pk server is not popular? Its simple, just the acronym "pk" makes peaceful folks go away, and the stackable srs+no cooldown+col combo which makes you invulnerable to most deadly things, and it also makes the server way too boring for the other folks. Sorry, but its the truth.

EDIT: Nathan pr0 double post. :P

Edited by Lorck

I didn't say you only need to use one of the ideas.

and there are players with mage builds on the server. Invis + double harm almost equals instant death. I believe I don't need to explain every single detail and every single option you have, at least I'd like to believe that.

You're right about the PK part in the name tho, it scares away quite a few people. However, the server wasn't intentionally created for them, it was for the PKers.

And I'd like to say, that in my totally honestly personal humble opinion, I think that no cooldown/multiplay might change when the server's population increases.

And I'd like to say, that in my totally honestly personal humble opinion, I think that no cooldown/multiplay might change when the server's population increases.
K, when cooldown get added, i join the server. :P

EDIT: I really like some of the ideas of the server, like lower caps and pk in most places, but as i said, the no cooldown is really a road blocker for me.

Edited by Lorck

I wonder if a cooldown hybrid would work. Something like:

food - no cooldown to preserve the easier leveling of the PK server.

pots/rings/etc - normal cooldown to add the complexity back into PK fights.

Something like that might keep both the PKers and the non-fighters happy providing each the preferred environment for their style of game play.

And yes, I've notice the thread hijack to yet another PK-server discussion. Oh well, whatever works.

All the polls don't make people wanting to waste time or money on the game.

I think it's a mistake to ask people what they want.

And I think the mini events have changed after last update, with good astro and harv med could I harvest full - 15 min - ogre toes - without stop.

Tested with lower harvest level too, without harvest med, seem better too.

I wonder if a cooldown hybrid would work. Something like:

food - no cooldown to preserve the easier leveling of the PK server.

pots/rings/etc - normal cooldown to add the complexity back into PK fights.

Something like that might keep both the PKers and the non-fighters happy providing each the preferred environment for their style of game play.

And yes, I've notice the thread hijack to yet another PK-server discussion. Oh well, whatever works.

like i said put cooldown back on pots and rings

i would go for that :P

Are you high or something? This IS exactly old school PKing.

Anyway, the cooldown on the PK server is my revenge. I still remember how much shit you guys gave me when I added the cooldown.

Anyway, the cooldown on the PK server is my revenge. I still remember how much shit you guys gave me when I added the cooldown.

SRs weren't stackable, though. And there were no CoLs back then, so it's not really the same thing imo. (Depending on how oldschool it was supposed to be, at least).

But yeah, cooldowns really made the game better.

Edited by idefix

SRs weren't stackable, though. And there were no CoLs back then, so it's not really the same thing imo. (Depending on how oldschool it was supposed to be, at least).

But yeah, cooldowns really made the game better.

I am pretty sure the CoL was before the cooldown. If you feel like it, go search in the forums for threads related to it, how most people were like: omfg, the end of the game, even worst than with the minievents.

What i call "oldschool" pking was that environment, where you could die in few seconds of fight and fights were short, so you had to think fast & click fast. COL when got introduced half killed the "die fast" aspect of it. Much later when SRs were made stackable, it made pk fights last much longer.

You got the code, you can test how the pk was before COL (what i call OS pk) and compare it to the PK on the pk server. I bet you will notice a real major difference.

Funny that i was one of the guys who always supported cooldown, my guild even got declaration of war because i was defending it on the forums.
I am pretty sure the CoL was before the cooldown. If you feel like it, go search in the forums for threads related to it, how most people were like: omfg, the end of the game, even worst than with the minievents.
Yes it was introduced shortly before cooldown, but (1) few people had it;(2)the guys who complained were right, imo, COL in a non-cooldown environment would have killed the pk, it was one of the reasons i defended the cooldown so "bravely" back then. Edited by Lorck

I thought TD was your 'revenge'?

I am pretty sure the CoL was before the cooldown.

Cooldown was added in the update on Dec 8 2005.

Crowns were added sometime after Jan 8 2006 but before May 2 2006.

References follow...

Item cooldown appears to have been added with the Dec 8 2005 update posted in the update forum.

The earliest reference in the update forum I can find for crowns is May 2 2006:

4. Crown of life and mana now degrade into the damaged versions, and can be fixed at Tankel, just like the other items.

Which implies that they were added sometime before that. But they had to have been added sometime after this Jan 8 2006 post by Roja:

A new item I just made...instead of having helms of life and mana, we'll have crowns...

Edited by bkc56