Eternal Lands Official Forums
Guest Octavarium_XI

Cannot Create Character

Guest Octavarium_XI

I understand this question has be asked before, yet I could not find my answer in the topics.

I have tried just about everything to be able to make a character, so I need someone to make me an EL account.

I don't really care about looks, just make him look like a man; No emo haircuts, no pink dreadlocks, etc.

If anyone's willing to help, I'll give them the details.

Thanks!

I understand this question has be asked before, yet I could not find my answer in the topics.

I have tried just about everything to be able to make a character, so I need someone to make me an EL account.

I don't really care about looks, just make him look like a man; No emo haircuts, no pink dreadlocks, etc.

If anyone's willing to help, I'll give them the details.

Thanks!

If you could tell us a little bit more about your problem, we might be able to help you.

Why cant you make a new account?

Any error messages you get?

Does the client crash?

Which OS are you using?

Which graphics card are you using?

(A good idea usually is to update the drivers for your graphics card, but thats just a guess)

Piper

Guest Octavarium_XI

Well then.

I'm using Windows XP Professional.

Whenever I click create new character it just comes up with "Eternal Lands has experienced a fatal error and must close..." I hear this is because my graphics card needs an update, yet I cannot find what model/make the card is (You know it's a sad day for humanity when an ASM/C++ programmer doesn't know what graphics card he has :wub:)

Anyways, my computer sucks (16 gig hard drive, I'm pretty sure 128 kbs random access memory, and I think it's from 2000, though I might be wrong) and I'm getting a new one soon (500 gig hard drive, 4 gigs random access memory, windows 7)

Kay then, thanks!

Whenever I click create new character it just comes up with "Eternal Lands has experienced a fatal error and must close..." I hear this is because my graphics card needs an update, yet I cannot find what model/make the card is

I dont use XP, but i guess, you can get such informations from "System" -> "Hardware drivers" or however its called in your installation.

(You know it's a sad day for humanity when an ASM/C++ programmer doesn't know what graphics card he has :wub:)

*whistles* :P

Piper

Guest Octavarium_XI

Mmkay, so I updated my driver... Still doesn't work :/

May I ask you, Piper, to make the account for me?

Mmkay, so I updated my driver... Still doesn't work :/

:-(

May I ask you, Piper, to make the account for me?

Ok, i created an account for you, now PM me in game and i will tell you the password :P

Seriously, register here in forums, then you can recieve and send forum PM's and then we have a safe way to give you the password.

Piper

Guest Guest_Octavarium_XI_*

Mmkay, so I registered and I have to wait for the administrator to approve my account.

And I have one more question...

I made an account a long time ago on this same computer... Am I going to be IP banned or something of the sort?

Mmkay, so I registered and I have to wait for the administrator to approve my account.

If i'm not mistaken, the forums send you an email with a link, you have to click on to confirm your registration. Have you done that already? (Hint: Your spam filter might have caught it..)

And I have one more question...

I made an account a long time ago on this same computer... Am I going to be IP banned or something of the sort?

I highly doubt it, since it's not against the rules to create 2 accounts from the same computer, but maybe a moderator can clarify this (i am not one, sorry).

Piper

He's all set with his forum account.

As to the "other character", I guess that depends on who it was :P

(Assuming all is well with that, yes it is legal of course to have more than one character as long as rule 5 is followed)

D:::

And of course, as soon as I press log in, it goes fatal error on me D:

I'm giving up on EL until I get my new computer.

Thanks anyway!

Gah...

An actual graphics card might fix it too, no need to kick the whole computer in the bucket :P

Anyways, cya, when you've got your new comp, which hopefully is able to run EL (Hint: Its the graphics card, which causes problems, hard disc space or RAM usually aren't the main cause for trouble).

Piper

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.