Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hermit

Starting over.

Please reply WHY YOU think it would be a good or bad decision.  

177 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of an entire server reset (all characters deleted)

• Yes, definately.
    • No, not a chance.
    • I like the idea but I've worked too long and hard for my levels.
    • Other will rant.

3. Mentioning a topic like this will get many people to hate and perhaps hunt and kill you

lol nathan you post garbage that would get people to hate / hunt/kill you all the time :P

Why can't other ppl? xD

3. Mentioning a topic like this will get many people to hate and perhaps hunt and kill you

lol nathan you post garbage that would get people to hate / hunt/kill you all the time :P

Why can't other ppl? xD

You're right, he does have the right to get alot of people to hate him like people hate me.

Server wipes would be extremely risky for Radu and without Radu, there is no game.

A 3rd server would be easier to justify than resetting an existing server. It would not be too easy to justify either. It would just give a place to plan and implement changes on. OOPS! I meant 4th server. I forgot the test server.

Hate? Over a thread in which all I wanted to know was someones opinion. I started this thread for info, that's all I wanted. You all can figure out what you want to do from here. I am happy with my result.

A 3rd server would be easier to justify than resetting an existing server. It would not be too easy to justify either. It would just give a place to plan and implement changes on. OOPS! I meant 4th server. I forgot the test server.

Radu's been saying he's going to do this for a while anyways...

I just hope he doesn't stick to the '10 years till end-game' design, or i doubt it will end up much better/popular than the current main server.

You are straight out the box ****************

That wasn't very nice, nor constructive. We're all entitled to our opinions. It doesn't mean we have to belittle folks.

Radu's been saying he's going to do this for a while anyways...

I just hope he doesn't stick to the '10 years till end-game' design, or i doubt it will end up much better/popular than the current main server.

hmmm....do tell via forum pm. That sounds interesting, but not exactly on topic for this, so I don't want it posted here. Links would be helpful if available.

Hate? Over a thread in which all I wanted to know was someones opinion. I started this thread for info, that's all I wanted. You all can figure out what you want to do from here. I am happy with my result.

Hey, just saying how it is. Some will hate, some won't care, some might agree and some might think you need to rethink things. It is life and you can never guarantee what a person's response will me. A server wipe is a very taboo topic though, which only a few will touch due to how likely it is to piss folk off after they worked on their characters for years.

hmmm....do tell via forum pm. That sounds interesting, but not exactly on topic for this, so I don't want it posted here. Links would be helpful if available.

Well i don't think he's ever said it on the forums, iirc it was all in channel 6... i can't really be assed digging through my chatlog... but i remember clearly; more than once he mentioned about a new server, and recently when i asked about end-game length in ch6, if it was mean't to be ~10 years, he said yeah.

Well i don't think he's ever said it on the forums, iirc it was all in channel 6... i can't really be assed digging through my chatlog... but i remember clearly; more than once he mentioned about a new server, and recently when i asked about end-game length in ch6, if it was mean't to be ~10 years, he said yeah.

Ah. ok. I gave you grats on suggestions thread, btw.

I like the idea but I've worked too long and hard for my levels.

Not sure why this was suggested. With all due respect to the creators of the game, I would probably quit if it ever happened. I tend to think several of our Guild Members who play everyday would likely leave as well.

Although, if radu would credit me 5 Trillion gold coins.. I'll reconsider lol

Mark

Edited by markdothexen

I don't vote - but my opinion is closest to NO.

Agreed with Aislinn and other - why reset without reason?

I have also worked so hard, spent a LOT of time, bla bla blah ... but skills are not all which is relevant here to think about. Honestly, what about drop books, stones, enriched essies, MM (mirror, NMT) cloaks? Can you imagine to live without antidotes till someone will get a book, read it and will have appropriate potion skill? And who will make you new shiny armor (or weapon)? Erhmm, but you don't have so many EFEs for it, not talking about hydro bars... do you? Where will you get your rings to travel to c2 maps? <add many MANY more examples>

We will be stuck on NPC buyable items/harvestables for a long time while sitting at lupine bush to buy something new? You can also fight, but who will supply you? Thinking one more time... the player base will grow with their abilities and storage stuff with growing timeline - but still, it will be very differrent without older players basement. You must admit, the new players can hate them, they can admire them or also envy - but they also NEED them.

Thanks, but again - NO.

Until something ugly happens with our player files ... yes, I can start again - it's still a game. But - will be also my lovely friend community still the same? That can force me to leave the Eternal Lands...

A reset for no other reason than a reset is not a good idea. You upset a majority of players for no reason, other than to end up in the same place with the same problems that triggered the call for a reset in the first place.

ONLY if major changes are needed and decided upon to fix any problems should there be a complete wipe/reset.

In that case, I would be all for it.

I didn't vote, I didn't like the options. I would not vote for it or against it unconditionally.

(It has happened in the past when the pickpoint system was added among other things and the people who stayed were well rewarded with the best community EL ever had imo. Everyone worked together to rebuild, guilds helping guilds, players helping players, and everyone respected everyone else who stayed and continued on.)

This situation of people that I cannot ever never ever catch up motivated me to start to play other free game where top level is limited, and reachable in 3 months (hard work), so I was able to compare my skills with players with great exp. and win them, showing that their experience is nothing.

I got picture of new guy in EL starts, and after 30 OA ask himself: "Do I need this?" and transfer somewhere else.

This make me sad cos I really love EL.

A reset for no other reason than a reset is not a good idea. You upset a majority of players for no reason, other than to end up in the same place with the same problems that triggered the call for a reset in the first place.

ONLY if major changes are needed and decided upon to fix any problems should there be a complete wipe/reset.

In that case, I would be all for it.

I didn't vote, I didn't like the options. I would not vote for it or against it unconditionally.

(It has happened in the past when the pickpoint system was added among other things and the people who stayed were well rewarded with the best community EL ever had imo. Everyone worked together to rebuild, guilds helping guilds, players helping players, and everyone respected everyone else who stayed and continued on.)

This situation of people that I cannot ever never ever catch up motivated me to start to play other free game where top level is limited, and reachable in 3 months (hard work), so I was able to compare my skills with players with great exp. and win them, showing that their experience is nothing.

I got picture of new guy in EL starts, and after 30 OA ask himself: "Do I need this?" and transfer somewhere else.

This make me sad cos I really love EL.

This is where the disconnect is I think between styles of playing. Not everyone wants a game with a finish. Many people want their experience to count for something. For many people, the game is not in the winning of it or finishing of it, but IN the rebuilding and forging bonds and working together and actually in the playing of it.

When I reset, I was 36/38 a/d and I thought I'd never be able to catch up to the upper level pk'rs. I'm a long way from the top, but I can at least compete now. It takes some work and some stick-to-itiveness, but it's far from impossible. Bugabear started at the same time I did, she's now #5 potions because she set her mind to it. There are many more examples of how with some focus and more than a few months you can reach your goals in EL.

i voted no not a chance.

I have been in eternal lands for 2 years i have worked hard on becoming a good potiner .

If anyone wants to start el again from the begining then do. start a new player .

lots of players in el have worked hard just to get there skills how they liked them.

I do not mind change as there has been lots of good new things bought in to the game.

but just wipeing the game of players will kill el fast.