Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hermit

Starting over.

Please reply WHY YOU think it would be a good or bad decision.  

177 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of an entire server reset (all characters deleted)

• Yes, definately.
    • No, not a chance.
    • I like the idea but I've worked too long and hard for my levels.
    • Other will rant.

I didn't vote, I didn't like the options. I would not vote for it or against it unconditionally.

Then you pick Other will rant. :P

But it is untrue about there being no reason. A lot of things have been abused in the past, like people farming yeti's for obscene amounts of gold before it was dropped.

Also people training using TS getting miles ahead level-wise to someone who will now not be able to use the same advantage, who already is at a disadvantage its just increased.

You could add items/gold farmed before cooldowns or mini-events that was either botted or just gained at a faster level than would be possible given the system now.

A wipe would make everyone start on the same place, given the same advantages/disadvantages.

Not to mention those pesky rangers who got a few extra GC.

There has been a lot of huge events in the past of the game that make the playing field completely unfair. And while life is unfair, this is a game and it can be changed.

Thos are only the reasons I can think off the top of my head, and I'm sure there are tons other that I wasn't even aware of because ppl knew how to keep their mouth shut. Oh yeah, the people that farmed dragons using magic. The list goes on.

Edited by Hermit

life may be unfair but that's no need to do supersilly stuff without a valid reason :P

Would something happen to cause all chars to be lost, I might consider starting over again. If done on purpose, I'd be out.

life may be unfair but that's no need to do supersilly stuff without a valid reason :)

Would something happen to cause all chars to be lost, I might consider starting over again. If done on purpose, I'd be out.

agreed.

A wipe would make everyone start on the same place, given the same advantages/disadvantages

..while your at it.. give everyone 60 a/d and cap the a/d at 60 too. also get rid of all other creatures except orges so we can all have the same experience when we train and same "advantages and disadvantage" .. why not give us all steel sets and make only steel sets avaiable in EL. no swords except iron sword will be used either. and lets give everyone 200 HEs everyday and reset the amount in their storage back to 200 at the end of the day? we should give them a schedule so they know when to train.. so everything will be "FAIR" .. [/end sarcastic rant]

*takes deep breathe*

i think this poll/topic is absolutely ridiculous.. ofc there will be people (god forbids..) -better- then you. so just cause ur lazy and dont want to train a/d (your previous posts suggested this) and u see people who (actually did something u were to lazy to do) grinded for 4+ years to be the best of the best; doesnt mean "omgz their better then me.. time to issue a server reset" :P selfish much?? if u dont like how the game's going. dont play. and if u actually pay attention to the other topics on the forums u see that some of the good suggestions are actually being considered by Radu! so why are u acting like "oh. there's nothing lefted u can do to help EL. lets just reset teh server and *hopefully* get new players.."

whats truely "unfair" is your way of thinking. suggesting a server reset cause u cant be bothered to "grind" for your levels?? HA! if u dont put effort into something then why do u expect to be pr0 like the rest? hardwork pays off. seems like some "unfair" people wants to be the best of the best with little to no effort... :(

Twice now with the I'm lazy reply. I have to say something before this gets out of hand.

1. This topic is not about who is lazy, who is not. It is about a server reset.

2. Fireant_queen. That is my first character in E-L. It had your a/d stats before you even started playing.

3. PuNa - I trained it up to a/d to train on desert chimerans, then sold it.

4. A/d is the easiest skill to train. I'm training it right now to raise my OA because I just reset. Just because I don't train a/d doesn't make me lazy. That would be like me telling you your lazy because you don't have 42 ranging , I don't because I realize thats not what you want to do with your time.

Please leave the uninformed childish insults to another thread. I said no flaming, I wanted to discuss a server reset not get involved in childish banter.

I propose this for the good of gameplay. Not for the good of MY gameplay. It would be a good thing I think if everyone gave it a try. And I like the yearly reset becasue that would help us avoid this state of affairs we have right now indefinately. For the love of god, just look at binding stones and tell me you don't hate that. I'm sure it could be made that they are found more often. As now, there is already enough of them in game, but with a reset stones should be flowing like wind on taco tuesday.

Edited by Hermit

Voted "No, not a chance." A complete wipe for "no reason" is not a good idea.

But if however, Radu does some drastic change that needs to wipe out everything (like what happened with buddy lists not so long ago), then I'll understand. But it's highly unlikely that this will happen. The game is already mature enough for the current system to be labeled stable. It obviously still need some fixes but non of those should break the current system of points.

I didn't vote, I didn't like the options. I would not vote for it or against it unconditionally.

Then you pick Other will rant. :P

But it is untrue about there being no reason. A lot of things have been abused in the past, like people farming yeti's for obscene amounts of gold before it was dropped.

Also people training using TS getting miles ahead level-wise to someone who will now not be able to use the same advantage, who already is at a disadvantage its just increased.

You could add items/gold farmed before cooldowns or mini-events that was either botted or just gained at a faster level than would be possible given the system now.

A wipe would make everyone start on the same place, given the same advantages/disadvantages.

Not to mention those pesky rangers who got a few extra GC.

Well then there still is no point to a total wipe/reset because the game will still be beta, meaning even after the wipe there will still be things that change. On this concept, we will be doing a wipe after every other update.

You are right, I could list hundreds of changes that have been "unfair" in some way to me since I have started on the "new" server fresh from that old reset/wipe. So what.

Maybe a beta game is not for you if you think every change is so unfair.

Maybe a beta game is not for you if you think every change is so unfair.

Aislinn said what i was trying to say in a much nicer way :wub:

I propose this for the good of gameplay. (your quote)

This is as you said getting rediculous now, having a wipe once a year would serve no purpose whatsoever for the good of gameplay. It would cause the opposite, just when you get you char to a decent lvl, oh dear that time of year again, back to square one.

Take a look at the pole 15% said yes, theres your answer, give up on this and save yourself some face. :wub:

I propose this for the good of gameplay. (your quote)

This is as you said getting rediculous now, having a wipe once a year would serve no purpose whatsoever for the good of gameplay. It would cause the opposite, just when you get you char to a decent lvl, oh dear that time of year again, back to square one.

Take a look at the pole 15% said yes, theres your answer, give up on this and save yourself some face. :wub:

Good point, maybe lvl caps. Or something.

And 15% is more than I expected actually. There was 2 votes at the start of the pole and I thought I'd end with 3-4 max. To me it is a success. I don't have to win to have my ego stroked. I just want to discuss a subject its an open forum just let me have my fun. There are 14 votes also for, I don't want to but I'd keep playing anyway (basically what I like this but I've worked too hard for my levels means) If I rephrased the answers I'm sure I'd get widely different result but I didn't take the time to word them as I thought (from the beginning) this would get absolutely no attention whatsoever. Why I say its a success.

Edited by Hermit

I am on my 2nd Character after a "perma-ban" was placed on my 1st Character for rule(s) violation(s).

I have placed too much into the 2 Characters already, to do it all over again ...no-way. I wont do it.

If it happens, ( Starting over ) I will get a PS3 and Kill off my Character and never return to Eternal Lands.

Tokie

GM of Poundin' You (#nU) Guild :wub:

I wish in debates such as this people would stop throwing around " well the game is still beta" comments, because tbh thats bollox.

The game is only still "beta" in the same way any released MMO is ie: content expansion and balancing tweaks.

A true beta game is FREE, free to play in the case of a P2P game or free shop items in a F2P game, you are their to test for bugs, stability of code/servers etc for a small limited time .

As soon as a game accepts money from its clients it no longer becomes a beta game ( not in the sense people use the word here anyway)

Edited by conavar

Very rare I post but I got to reply to this.

I never heard such a stupid idea.

You want players who have worked hard for years to level their character to throw it all away..JUST TO DO IT AGAIN!!!!

There are so many things to do in this game in so many different ways,its a ridiculous suggestion

Also I think its one of the best ways to lose established players who,I remind you are the backbone of this game.

An absolute/definite/resounding/screaming NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*sigh* I love how players of EL's immediate response is "NO NO NO~~1~". No matter what the topic is, EVEN if its a bad suggestion (which im not saying it is or is not).

Its really evident in some posts =\

Personally I don't think it's such a bad idea... I'd love to see a wipe (call me a noob if you want, I have decent levels and I worked hard for them..). There simply has to be a reason.

I'd like to see some changes in formulas and costs of stuff. But that may just be me, I am pro consistency (which has been gone for a while now in EL).

I'm thinking 20gc armor pieces made for leveling VS 60k(?) armor pieces to get some fighting done, and the latest 50(?) books that all simply cost 10k.

I also understand that others do not want this, and if you paid some attention to what Hermit's been saying, SO DOES HE!

He asked a question, you can give a negative answer, but to stuff like this:

You are straight out the box a dumbass! Do you think for one minute.Asgnny wants to be a lvl 7/7 a/d again from IoP? Are you just stupid? Do.....Your a n00b and get over it.Your pole is junk and I personally think you need to.....Never mind.Ill get banned I tell You really what I think there.Hermitt? Your a n00b get a life or go level.....Talking and plotig against higher lvl people that played for years is really not Your concern.Entropy Rules this game dumabss Not you. Go ask Teh God what he thinks or Asgnny...."you idiot"

I have to say GTFO

Where do you get the nerve to say something like that to someone who is merely asking other people's opinions?

I've read through this thread and thought a couple times that Hermit is not being treated right at times, though it's perfectly understandable after reading the comments. Certain people just don't have a gentle way of expressing themselves :wub:

But the quote above is really unacceptable...

My apologies for the off topic stuff, I did contribute with what I had to say and I placed my vote.

Feel free to delete what is not wanted here, but delete MusclesMalone's post as well then :/

Then explain your motive.

I don't see why it would need to be done right now. Server wipes are made when a huge change to the game is made.

As for people who can't get up the rankings, they won't even if server was restarted simply because the top players are better at training/grinding.

tbh the game is in a state of stagnation as far as im concerned I personally think it would be fun to do, I remember the game in its younger years and I liked it a lot better then

I think your idea would immediately end the stagnation. The stagnation would become abrupt decline as players head for the door.

*sigh* I love how players of EL's immediate response is "NO NO NO~~1~". No matter what the topic is, EVEN if its a bad suggestion (which im not saying it is or is not).

Its really evident in some posts =\

If this is a comment on my post.

I think its called *an OPINION* and I stand by mine!

lol'd again, QQ moar. DHT how may of those 50-100 ppl are regularly playing? I've only ever seen 10 regular people, that's not including alts. go spam your bullshit stats elsewhere. this game is evident to need a fix, people that need to leave the game will, and others who are too addicted to leave will stay. /agree with conavar, people have spent way too much $ on this game for it to be able to change to the way it needs to without people bawling "OMFG NO WAY I JUST BOUGHT NMT DONT MAKE THEM BREAKABLE" not "oh, this change seems good for the game, more go out more go in etc". half the arguments are made on absolute bs, fish = blanket because 7x=89-51/2b. the game will never be changed to how an individual wants it to be, it will rarely be changed for what the majority wants. in the end, it's what ent wants to happen with his game, no matter your input. (see brod removal thread).

lol'd again, QQ moar. DHT how may of those 50-100 ppl are regularly playing? I've only ever seen 10 regular people, that's not including alts. go spam your bullshit stats elsewhere. this game is evident to need a fix, people that need to leave the game will, and others who are too addicted to leave will stay. /agree with conavar, people have spent way too much $ on this game for it to be able to change to the way it needs to without people bawling "OMFG NO WAY I JUST BOUGHT NMT DONT MAKE THEM BREAKABLE" not "oh, this change seems good for the game, more go out more go in etc". half the arguments are made on absolute bs, fish = blanket because 7x=89-51/2b. the game will never be changed to how an individual wants it to be, it will rarely be changed for what the majority wants. in the end, it's what ent wants to happen with his game, no matter your input. (see brod removal thread).

I've only seen 20+ PK server players vote on a poll that's alive for a week; that excludes those on vacation, a break or a long depression. Yeah, we don't meet everyone at the same time. Have you met everyone on Main server? We still want to increase our player base tho, that's why we're considering character copy from main to pk servers. (Don't ask about details, you'll get them soon enough, and that's not the place to discuss them)

I don't really wanna get involved in any of the crap that's being posted here.

But I figured after coming back to read for a laugh, maybe I should post anyway.

Hermit's been a pretty good friend for a long time and he's a good guy and all.

And I do believe some of you are the biggest fucktards in the world for flaming his ass off the way you do.

You guys hardly know him probably because half of what a few of you said is just the most ridiculous bull in the whole thread here.

He is "lazy", yes, but look at stats he does have, he's working for everything he got and at the same time, let me tell you that he surprised me more then once with how he can put his mind on something and focus on a target and then figure how to do it fast and indeed gets his things done too.

That goes not only in EL ofc but also in other games, but here in EL it don't count because ofc, ur all so big and good and he's a poor noob wanting to clear the server for "unfair advantages". (Btw, your only advantage is having no life, in the end grind = win here, not like you need much skill or so to get anywhere here. Say GG to yourself now.)

If you'd maybe bother to debate on it in a normal way you'd see and understand his vision a bit better and maybe he'd even bother to say something more about it.

On the other hand it's always a nice joke to see retards flaming like shit and the 2 of us lol'ing on msn and how dumb you are.

--------

On the topic, think twice before you shout out a NO, I used to do that, but later on you see and realize you're only being a dumb shit, because once you try something you might actually be fine with it. And then regret for first shouting "LYYYNCCCHHMOOOBBBBB" and trying to burn the plans.

In the end you're mostly all shouting out about how *you* are not ok with it that you spent ridiculous amounts of time on your character and to have it removed. And how half EL is gonna poof in population. I even bet over half of you are too addicted to stop even if you did get a wipe.

So now everyone stop filling your money with loot, think beyond yourself and for game purpose and then try to make a sane post about it, if you're still against it it's all fine, but just shouting no on the first idea of "omfg my char and leet armorz" doesn't help anyone.

Personally I have not voted and I won't as I haven't logged for a long time + my computer won't run EL anyway as I have no supported GFX card.

-Gohan

P.S.: If I ever reinstall, MM, you better have a message left for me somewhere with a sorry for your ridiculous flamebot post or you won't have to call me friend if I log on.

I now know why I heard someone in Desert Pines storage talking about a Hermit hunt. I can't say I blame them for wanting to pk you for mentioning such a taboo thing.

1. This game is not just about fighting, which is what I assume you mean "owning" in a combat sense

2. Radu's job is Eternal Lands and this would surely screw him severely as angry customers demand refunds

3. Mentioning a topic like this will get many people to hate and perhaps hunt and kill you

Those are 3 reasons why you should not have posted this.