Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zombie

fast way mixing

Hello there EL players and radu,

I don't really sure if this suggestion ever was posted before since I'm not sure how to search the idea i have on the forums, so please bear me a sec :w00t:

My idea involves high lvls of any skill, but since my highest skill is in alchemy ill give an example concerning the alchemy.

Ok, my alch is 89 atm, and lvling is slow and painful, i was thinking of an idea to make it abit faster - say over lvl 50 (or 60) at any skill no matter what it is:

Instead of making 1 he's at a time – a player with lvl over 50 in alch could make 4he's in 1 time.

The benefits are: its faster for the player, but at the same time you are failing percentage stay the same - as You make 1 he's and fail in it – you will lose 4 he's if if you fail. the amount if the fail u have*4 is what u lose as same if u had fail in making 1 he's*1.

now, ppl will say how could this be implemented?

i say lets make it supported by the magic lvl (over 50) as there is a spell connection between alchemy and magic in this mix.

we all win and fail (lose) at the same time:

those who need to lvl faster, the fail percentage stay the same so game is fair, and the skill is only permit/possible for those who have over 50 in alch and in magic skills.

this can be implemented at all skills in say basic mixing (say the most mixable thing in any skill ) will have this option ( in pots it could be the SR's pots or in craft could be polishing sapphire and so on...)

this extra fast way doesn't include mixing bars or high lvl potions of craft - my idea only concern about the MOST mixable thing in any skill - in alch i think its he's and so on.

what do u think?

I HOPE I MADE THIS POST CLEAR ENOUGH ;)

thank you for you reply :D

Instead of making 1 he's at a time – a player with lvl over 50 in alch could make 4he's in 1 time.

The benefits are: its faster for the player, but at the same time you are failing percentage stay the same - as You make 1 he's and fail in it – you will lose 4 he's if if you fail. the amount if the fail u have*4 is what u lose as same if u had fail in making 1 he's*1.

This will raise the amount of gc in game, how will you solve it ?

we all win and fail (lose) at the same time:

those who need to lvl faster, the fail percentage stay the same so game is fair, and the skill is only permit/possible for those who have over 50 in alch and in magic skills.

What about all the people who leveled high alch/other_skill before this was introduced ?

this extra fast way doesn't include mixing bars or high lvl potions of craft - my idea only concern about the MOST mixable thing in any skill - in alch i think its he's and so on.
Who decides which mixable items are the "favored" ones and why do you think it's HEs for alch ? Because they are sold best ?

EDIT

PS: This would totally defeat the purpose of schools and the Day of schools...

Edited by groomsh

I do not like this idea. And I am not saying that because I have lower levels than what your stating because my alc is over 105. A lot of my other skills are well over 50 too but I still don't like it.

It seems like all this would do is make mixing essences 4 times faster. In principle, it's not a bad idea so long as it's balanced. There would need to be a cost involved. Maybe you only get half the normal experience mixing this way. Or maybe it takes twice as much food. Or both. Maybe the fail rate would double.

There could be a level 50 spell that needs to be cast to get fast mixing. It could last 90 seconds and be expensive in terms of mana and reagents. That way people could choose between fast mixing at a cost or normal mixing.

Honestly, I'll still not sure if this would be a good thing for the game.

It seems like all this would do is make mixing essences 4 times faster. .

It would not be faster, we had to wait longer for cooldown on food. Bad ides, cooldown is why I don't make HE now.

I think more would stop making them.

It seems like all this would do is make mixing essences 4 times faster. .

It would not be faster, we had to wait longer for cooldown on food. Bad ides, cooldown is why I don't make HE now.

I think more would stop making them.

Toadstools and bones don't have a cooldown. If you don't mind restoring a lot or drinking antidotes or if you have I eat dead people perk, food cooldown isn't an issue.

Resurecting this one as i too thought just the other day, it is a shame that right now, some products are hard to get because people do not care about mixing them anymore, or not in those amounts people ask for and the prices are going over the roof, in this year since this thread was made and now, for example the price for health essence did go from 7 to 8 some bots now are even selling over npc prices. same goes for nearly every product.

For fighters there are allways up to the top level fighters, allways some high level monsters still to kill for good XP. while for the mixers there is an limit on the experiences they can get per time as the bandwith of massproduction is limited. So my idea is, so similar to the double experience one that i put it in this thread. Why do not increase the speed of how fast a product is mixed by a factor x for every level abrove recomented.

as factor i suggest some thing like a quater or half percent per level.

As for a balance, there is not really a need for adding some sanctions as the food and ingredience requirement stay the same, and the game item prices are asking for more products made. Products that are not sellable through overproductions will still not be made, as people do not tend to make things they cannot sell.

a while ago there was a talk in our guild about mixing, and we concluded that fighters have it easier, and there's no advantage of mixing lvl over 100-120 (when you minimize the fail risk of highest items). that's when I came up with an idea of mixing few items at once - and now I found this very similar thread. items with higher recommended lvl will probably be introduced over time, but my idea as well as this thread is about low lvl (essences and such). I see what the problems are and I have some solutions and ideas. I tried to keep it simple, but to balance it complications must be made - which, as I am aware of, reduce the chance of implementation :P

1. to even think of mixing more than one item at once you have to complete a (hard &| expensive) quest?

2. you use 2 sets of ingredients and loose x2 food lvl to create 2 items if you have a special stone (Fast Fingers Stone?) and recommended lvl + 50 (or some other number)

- the stone is only for switching this on and off, as you don't want to risk double crit fail on hydro bars or other stuff

- this stone would be relatively cheap

- !!! you only get experience for making one item !!! (someone pointed out that making x2 FEs would be too easy exp, and if x3/x4 it would be a disaster)

- !!! you make only 1 special item if you get lucky !!!

- possibly growing effect: 3 items at once with 2 stones and recommended lvl + 100, 4 items with 3 stones and recomm. + 150

3. Student Stone? (here's the money sink groomsh was looking for)

- you get experience for every item made

- costs A LOT, can be bought from NPC

- breaks OFTEN

4. Focused Worker Stone? - you are so focused on work that you don't have the time to eat (so much).

- you loose food lvl at x1 rate regardless of how many items at once you make

- costs EVEN MORE, instance drop?

- breaks LIKE CRAZY

so x2 food + x1 experience/enriched takes care of 'too good' case, and there's a risky money sink if you want more exp or better gc/food ratio.

this should make mixing much needed fire essences and such less time consuming and give dedicated mixers a chance to make decent exp/min, at a price

I used STONES as examples, they can be capes/gloves/anything. the basic x2 stone can be even replaced with 1h potion or spell

I don't think of any critical flaws or #day complications, maybe FE price would drop slightly wich is bad for newbies. what do you think?

Edited by malameo

My opinion in this is that it will be great for people to level up faster. But I still don't like it. + only high lvled people will be able to pay for the stones so they get the advantage.

Also I doubt that it can be a glove, since there are only 2 different gloves in the game and none of them have special effects ;)

-- Ki11a

I was thinking about sth smilar... i like this idea.

I have one question. Would every "mix" consume stone? or it will be "permament" in inv or it could be break?

Seems like many people don't or can't remember the times, where there was no "mix all" option. You think leveling now is slow? Consider mixing 20k FEs with only "mix one" button available :)

It's a nice idea but as an Alcher i would rather mix 1 at the time and get the exp really

Seems like many people don't or can't remember the times, where there was no "mix all" option. You think leveling now is slow? Consider mixing 20k FEs with only "mix one" button available :)

lol yeah you had to click like a freakin maniac back then and the same was for harvesting - 1 click 1 fruit..

Edited by Entris

Well I guess 'Bad Days' could be reasserted requiring harvesters to click on every harvestables and 'mix all' would not work but how you would you make it equitable for fighters. Make the fighters have to click on every attack?

There was a time FE required no food to mix and you could mix them without the need to wait on the "mixing" message. Those were the times. Mixing 20k FEs got slower actually.

There was a time FE required no food to mix and you could mix them without the need to wait on the "mixing" message. Those were the times. Mixing 20k FEs got slower actually.

Back then you had to click 20k times though to mix them :P

True, but it was still faster than now. Since this was changed prices of FE got up more and more because people hated to mix them (like me).

FE is likely used more than back then too. It's REALLY hard to buy them right now, and I remember I could buy them pretty easily years ago.

True, but it was still faster than now. Since this was changed prices of FE got up more and more because people hated to mix them (like me).

As far as I remember have FEs taken 1 food all the 6 years I have played, but without cooldown were they easy to make with fruit.

I think the problem now is that the reward is too low to make them.

Low exp and EFEs are very rare.

I have 33k FEs on this counter, 0 EFEs.

Magic ans Life essences are fast to make with toadstools and give more exp and enriched so why make FE ?

And yes, more are used now, like more bars are used for the daily quests, so prices for both are going up.

Original 1st post idea = bad idea imo (as some allready pointed out in different ways)

I haven't seen the following reason yet:

You meant to say that 1 mix would make 4 items for 1x exp (and use 1x food as well?) with same failure % ?

How it is atm: if you want to make 100k HE with 2% failure (for example) you would have 2k failure and 98k HE in 100k mixes (i know, fewer clicks with the mix-all and more tries than 100k with fail-without-losing-times, but still you get the point)

Now you mix 100k in 25k attempts with same 2% failure, means 500 attempts will fail, each fail = 4 items, so fail is 2k items. Exactly same as with 100k mixes. So you DON'T lose more with same failure %.

the amount if the fail u have*4 is what u lose as same if u had fail in making 1 he's*1.
=simply not true, it's the same amount.

Now, the idea's of malameo I DO like... could be needing some tweaks here and there. Don't know what kind of tweakings, but there is a profound benefit with high risk, money sink, etc. involved... There could be something very good in this mix.

And for the people who are holding on to the past ("I am playing this game for 6 years now and blah blah"), I am playing this game for 6+ years myself as well (GarfieldClown, now known as Jerome_NL, also known as MaxELL or Fireball (<- not to be confused with Fireballs, because that's someone else :P)) and I still see this game as fully playable BETA game, so changes will come and go, why not something like mixing?

We also got the autoharvest and mix_all over time ... the game evolves, try to evolve with it and not hold on to the past :D