Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT idea

i disagree,how i know myself,i will break that nmt in first hit i will get >.< like with my thermal serp,1st hit into bear and it gone...

I don't like the idea of breakable NTM cloak.

My points are:

1. I agree with Elveron - - high level players enjoyed that cape that protected their equipment, and now, after years of playing, I want and need one (I finally got my a/d to good levels), and I have good equipment (which I had to work hard to get), you're going to make it breakable.

2. Some people might think 1/40K is a very low chance of breakage, but consider this - how many hits are you taking each time you train? Some players get hit 15 times before they kill a creature, so that's 1 cape for every 2667 creatures (40,000/15). If you train by attacking, fleeing and attacking again, you get hit a lot by the same creature. For example, If you get hit 100 times by the same creature, that means that after every 400 creature you attack, the cape will break (40,000/100). If you get hit 1000 times by the same creature, it would only takes 40 creatures to break hit.

3. Only high level creatures drop this cape. However, the players which can fight those high level creatures probably already have the cape. If the cape is made breakable, they will probably want to save a few capes for themselves (instead of just one), and not sell it to people who need it. This would also cause the price of the cape to raise (even if the drop rate is increased).

I know it's Entropy's call, and he'll probably going to implement that idea, so I would like to suggest an alternative idea for the breakable NMT cloak(I hope it's OK):

A. make the NMT cloak breakable (maybe even at a higher rate).

B. Don't make a degraded version.

C. Lower the drop rate of the NMT cloak.

D. Make the NMT cloak manufacturable. However, it won't require only one skill to to make. Instead, make it a combination of a few skills - tailoring (to make the cloak), magic (to enchant the cloak), and maybe even other skills like manufacturing (to make the frame for the cloak) and crafting (to add some gems or something to the cloak). You may instead want to make some parts of the cloak come from monster drops (some from low level creatures, others from high level creatures) and some from NPCs (those would cost gc), and still require tailoring or magic skill to combine the parts.

E. You could still sell the original, non breakable version of the cloak from your shop.

This idea would create more work for the players (to make the parts) or require more fighting (if you decide to make creatures drop the parts). In any case, it will prevent one "class" (fighters) from controling the NMT market. If will also make sure there would be enough of those cloaks in the market for players who need them.

This is my idea.

The suggestion to remove the branch of destruction may be a reasonable offset for the NMT becoming breakable. Some players would be able to use NMT in PK, and still be at a disadvantage to those using perk cloaks (e.g. BP, Mirror), as well as the mana burn rings, bone of death, etc. A cape of the unbreakable would still be important for PK, but not necessarily be the end-all be-all PK cape. PK used to be less of a hateful quest for vengeance, and more of a fun "You killed me, I'll train up and beat you next time" environment. The incessant PK-driven flames and outright disgusting attitudes do not reflect well upon EL. Furthermore, what new player would want to enter PK when he has to be warned "watch out if you decide to enter PK - some rich player might try to destroy all of your hard-earned stuff". As has been mentioned previously on the subject of game development, other successful games should be looked at to see what works. I have not heard of any other (similar) game in which players can deliberately and permanently destroy items of another player.

Amen, hallelujah and marijuana.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

I also think eliminating the brod in exchange for this nmt idea would be very good.

Also, regarding repairing the NMT-

Making it repairable from the improved degraded state would not keep them from leaving the game. The people that are willing to spend lots of gc for every advantage in pk will use the improved version of the cape with extra accuracy and armor, and those people will poof capes out of the game completely.

Edited by Quesar

What about repairing other cloaks (such as mirror) instead? (would require the mirror cape degrading to e.g. a black cloak without the mirror skin perk).

that sounds like a great idea, but not only make them repairable, but makeable aswell by making a black cloak and combining a mirror stone (new rare harv event stone) and maybe some other minor ingreds.

just an idea ^^

The suggestion to remove the branch of destruction may be a reasonable offset for the NMT becoming breakable. Some players would be able to use NMT in PK, and still be at a disadvantage to those using perk cloaks (e.g. BP, Mirror), as well as the mana burn rings, bone of death, etc. A cape of the unbreakable would still be important for PK, but not necessarily be the end-all be-all PK cape. PK used to be less of a hateful quest for vengeance, and more of a fun "You killed me, I'll train up and beat you next time" environment. The incessant PK-driven flames and outright disgusting attitudes do not reflect well upon EL. Furthermore, what new player would want to enter PK when he has to be warned "watch out if you decide to enter PK - some rich player might try to destroy all of your hard-earned stuff". As has been mentioned previously on the subject of game development, other successful games should be looked at to see what works. I have not heard of any other (similar) game in which players can deliberately and permanently destroy items of another player.

Amen - this might actually bring me back to PK.

And also would make other capes usable such as Warlocks, No More Warlocks and other capes that are rarely used (Bp/Mirror).

Amen - this might actually bring me back to PK.

And also would make other capes usable such as Warlocks, No More Warlocks and other capes that are rarely used (Bp/Mirror).

I strongly dissagree with the taking the BROD out of the game. I personally think the price of them should go way down and so that even the lower lvl players can afford them. Everyone is PKing should have BROD at their disposal. I and several others have spent the PP for NMT just so we can wear red capes in PKing. I do agree some people use them way to much and only the bad people should get BRODed, come here Liquid, but that is of personal choice.

I must say thou I do rarely PKing anymore something I did daily in the past. I used my ubbers and had many good fights. Might not get boost at all this time but if 6 people attacked me at the same time I might get to +29 def quick. Made the game more exciting. Pretty much stopped PKing when 1 guild put several post here saying they where over powered and they where reduced. Ruined PKing to me and me why bust your ass to buy something, create your whole build around your items, then have 1 guild piss and moan and be able to ruin it not cause you kill them with a +29 att boost but cause they have a hard time killing you with your ubber defense.

Since I rarely PKing, I rarely play that character and no longer buy 25 rost. Something I used to do regularly.

AttilaTheHun

Edited by Inglor

Attila so you say you dont PK and you want Brod to be even cheaper? so it wouldnt be PK maps anymore, it would only be Brod maps.

ofc remove red capes, and it will be sooo good for economy !!!!

back to the topic.

i was thinking alot about NMT being breakable, and you know, if it becomes breakable (again?) i couldnt not train on MC, Yeti, well and OL.. cuz they simply hit too much, and this doesnt really come with A/D lvl. MC, Yeti just has too much crit hits in them. so if NMT would last a week training on them .. lol nevah!!!

ofc. this depends alot on break rate, i actually dont imagine that 1/40k rate. if its % then it can break in 1st hit, as someone here already mentioned.

But i would offer to do something like untill 40k hits the break rate is x, after 40k hits rate would go 2x, and ar 60k 3x etc... ( if that is possible), but then ofc would come a sutuation, where ppl would sell those well worn capes, and keep fresh, or buy fresh. there should be like a note or so, "this cape served for 40k hits" or something.

Basically i agree with the breakable NMT idea.

About removing Brod, i dont think Radu would do it, i think the only thing he would agree on is, remove Brod, and increase break rate on all armors. think about this be4 you proudly say that removing Brod would help economy :)

I and several others have spent the PP for NMT just so we can wear red capes in PKing.

Solution is pretty simple to me:

People say they Brod for the economy : (utter Bollox but lets pretend thats true)

People say they have spent pp for NMT perk so they can protect items both from Brod (red cape) and normal breaks ( NMT perk)

So remove Brod and Nmt cape from the game

Radu still gets his item breaks

Manuers will have increased work

Pkers will be able to wear capes for strategy not need

Players will hopefully train mobs their level and not fluffs in RDA ( been there seen that *face palm* )

The perk will be both a sacrafice and a benifit : Less PK/PvE strength but less breaks

Granted more but not all items would have to be made repairable, but once again more work for manuers/tailors etc

Edited by conavar

Like the NMT idea but remove the BROD. We got to have BRODs so we can revenge scammers, bagjumpers, ect. Without BROD the will be no BROD tag, bad idea.

AttilaTheHUn

scammers, bagjumpers, ect. --> They dont go to PK

I must say thou I do rarely PKing anymore something I did daily in the past. I used my ubbers and had many good fights. Might not get boost at all this time but if 6 people attacked me at the same time I might get to +29 def quick. Made the game more exciting. Pretty much stopped PKing when 1 guild put several post here saying they where over powered and they where reduced.

If six people are attacking you, you should drop quick.

It's called a MMORPG.

Not AttilaTheOneManArmyGame.

Get over it.

Re: making them repairable--could just disallow use of saving stone for that mix, maybe?

Re: brod--i'd gladly give up my brod whether in conjunction with degradable nmt or separate

To sum up:

NMT should be breakable, as proposed. Not repairable.

Suggestion: eliminate BroD to improve player environment.

I am not going to remove the brod, however, I might make the red cape perk available for taking as a perk, for maybe 7 PPs or so.

To sum up:

I am not going to remove the brod, however, I might make the red cape perk available for taking as a perk, for maybe 7 PPs or so.

Please do. :)

To sum up:

So it would be removing brod for 7 pps. *sighs*

To sum up:

Yeah, because the red cape protects you only against brod..

To sum up:

Yeah, because the red cape protects you only against brod..

Most if not all are complaining about brod not BoD, rings etc...

There are the "omfg zoo" whine too... btw, i pked after MD rings come in, and before the red cape, pk was too easy, just gang a person, the gang use some mmd rings on the person ganged, pwn.

EDIT:Oh, and the lamest is "you killed me because i was afk...".

Edited by Lorck

You no what is total BS? Is these poeple who aint got a cape to even start off talking about,"Yeah,Thats a good idea?" Well, untill they kill 10K fluffies or go pay 400Kgc for one they need not reply.It is obvious this thread dont even concern them.Accept for the facts You mentioned a drop rate increase.Make them work for there capes like all us players that have played yrs. to get.And usually its just 1 cape! Thats BS

Nice grammar. Cry much? It's his game. The game is still "BeTA". That means it's going to change. I haven't read the whole 5 or more pages, I'm sure there are others who'll complain too. Most of what I've seen has been positive.

That's funny for you to say that, since a lot of people are complaining about "omfg, the orange spam".

What does that have to do with "cotu perk"? If anything people can PK with warlocks cape, which will reduce the bitching, no?

To sum up:

Such a perk would only be taken by fairly serious PKers - the ones already in PK as it stands. This perk would still leave the same horrible player environment we have now. Why would any new player venture into PK as it stands?

The bone of death, mana burn rings, and all else blocked by the CotU (aside from BroD) can still be used strategically, should the BroD be disabled. If anything, the status quo is that virtually all players wear CotU in PK, to protect from BroD hits. I think players would use more strategy without it. How about a test period in which the BroD's decay effect is removed, after which players can discuss their experiences?

why u wanna make nmt breakable? from this will have money only high lvl fighters,that can have nmt from their training mobs,weak ppl will have

nothing from that!

MASSIVE

OVER

REACTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

but really, take the freakin olive branch ( no pun intended you started the Branch topic after NMT )

the NMT cape will allways be destined to break at some point in the future of EL, the suggestions coming from Ent sound like he has taken some happy pills and is willing to make not only the NMT get BETTER as it degrades but then be repairable afterwards i mean seriously WTF ive never heard anything like it in my life and people are still saying stuff like ''OMFG ruin my game why dont you''

Edited by Ateh