Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT idea

I see lots op ppl stating NMT capes dont leave the game. I do not know the statistics on this, but I do believe many leave the game because they are sitting in storages of -now- inactive players.

Absolulety

And in the last 3 years I have only seen prices climb..My first nmt cost 200k

I know at least 25 people that havent logged in a year or more, with an nmt in their storage.

The market is pretty strong, and are a great benifit for new players to level a bit faster to get up to the level to pk/instance/invasion etc

The problem is, they never leave the game.

this might be a theoretical problem, but in fact it is not a problem. The market tells us the value and if we had too many NMTs they wouldnt cost 340k , its as simple as that.

regards

noooo everyone having a NMT for eternity is not a problem...

newsflash, it is a problem, no market for them since everyone already has one, all items should be degradeable or breakable

just cause you spend 350k on it doesnt mean it should last forever, hell if thats the case i want all my dragon armors being indestructable, thermal, RDholm and the stack of Sr/He i paid lots for be undepletable

newsflash, it is a problem, no market for them since everyone already has one, all items should be degradeable or breakable

just cause you spend 350k on it doesnt mean it should last forever, hell if thats the case i want all my dragon armors being indestructable, thermal, RDholm and the stack of Sr/He i paid lots for be undepletable

What you are failing to understand is the difference.

Dragon armors are makable in game, they are cheap if you make the ingreds yourself, and use essence/bindings that are shop items that earn income for this game. Thermal is also a shop item

The nmt, if they started flooding the market so that eveyone had 10 in storage may then be a problem, but in 3-4 years now this has not been the case at all. The market has only become stronger.

As long as there is an influx of new players that is greater then the drop rate, there is no issue. And as others have stated, a lot may not "leave" the game, but are in storages of people that dont play anymore. Some are also in Locked accounts that most likely will never return.

If NMT has to be degradable (which is not a bad idea imo), and the drops are increased and price goes down as well, then I will also agree with the idea of having the Brod removed from EL, cause as others have already stated.

What you are failing to understand is the difference.

Dragon armors are makable in game, they are cheap if you make the ingreds yourself, and use essence/bindings that are shop items that earn income for this game. Thermal is also a shop item

The nmt, if they started flooding the market so that eveyone had 10 in storage may then be a problem, but in 3-4 years now this has not been the case at all. The market has only become stronger.

As long as there is an influx of new players that is greater then the drop rate, there is no issue. And as others have stated, a lot may not "leave" the game, but are in storages of people that dont play anymore. Some are also in Locked accounts that most likely will never return.

[PM from Rraisa: kan: [No More Tears Cape 1 330000.00gc (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: mix_and_kill: [No More Tears Cape 1 340000.00gc (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: lwd: [No More Tears Cape 1 320000.00gc (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: stryder: [No More Tears Cape 1 350000.00gc (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: alice: [No More Tears Cape 1 350000.00gc 512 (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: tanglebones: [No More Tears Cape 1 360000.00gc 512 (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: buddha: [No More Tears Cape 2 360000.00gc 512 (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: brat: [No More Tears Cape 1 345000.00gc (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: botsie: [No More Tears Cape. .1 .330000.00gc (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: minerva: [No More Tears Cape 1 350000.00gc 512 (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: monkeysoup: [No More Tears Cape # #.#gc # (100)]

[PM from Rraisa: beaver: 1 375000gc No More Tears Cape (100)]

flooding the market you say?

and we all know the influx of newer players isnt all that great, its just stupid to rely on quitters, or people who get banned to get NMT's out of game

they have been breakable before, nothing bad happened.. the economy will only get stronger if they do break, GC keeps flowing around between players then.. thats good for an economy

edit: oh and today i got 2 offers to buy a NMT for 300k or less, its not odd at all that such a great unbreakable item keeps dropping in price so fast, maybe we'll get one with a box of cereals next? :pinch:

Rraisa is just from bots, im sure there are many players who have NMT's for sale aswell, or gave up selling cause there arent any buyers

another edit: about the bolded part, the unbreakable armors was just an example but if your reasoning against that is that its cheap, and earns income for shop.. then why keep NMT unbreakable? NMT are cheap too if you find them while training, maybe less people will use them if they are breakable, then more armors break which could use bindings and enrichment stones from shop aswell

Edited by Infamous

no?

its been like this for a while, some time ago i found 2 NMT and an arti cloak in an hour.. could hardly sell them, had to sell way below the normal price at that time to only 1 bot who was buying, was easy to find bots selling NMT, but buyers was a problem.

sold 1 and gave the other away to a friend cause it was unsellable ^^

no?

its been like this for a while, some time ago i found 2 NMT and an arti cloak in an hour.. could hardly sell them, had to sell way below the normal price at that time to only 1 bot who was buying, was easy to find bots selling NMT, but buyers was a problem.

sold 1 and gave the other away to a friend cause it was unsellable ^^

So you couldnt sell 2 nmt's in a day?

Try to sell any item over 300k (other then nexus stones) and you may not be able to that fast either. 12 bots had for sale...out of 200+ bots? This doesnt seem like a flood to me

didnt say i couldnt sell them in a day

besides 12 bots, one selling 2, so 13 NMT, about 4 auctions no1 replied to thats 17 NMT and the uncounted ones that are being sold in-game and not on forums

no demand for them, if theres no demand everything extra is a flood

Edited by Infamous

didnt say i couldnt sell them in a day

besides 12 bots, one selling 2, so 13 NMT, about 4 auctions no1 replied to thats 17 NMT and the uncounted ones that are being sold in-game and not on forums

no demand for them, if theres no demand everything extra is a flood

Why this may be true, as soon as this thread opened there was a flood of people trying to sell. Even today, I see people trying to sell for 250k maybe lower. Fear and uncertainty has a strong influence on the current market prices, Some what exactly the same thing happens in real life money/stock markets.

Give this thread a few months to die down, I bet we see prices come close to 400k again.

SO in other words, if you got the gc's Buy them now, sell them later

price has been going lower and lower before this thread already, thread just gave it an extra boost

if NMT get breakable, and they drop in price like they are now (as you say some people selling for 250k) is that really bad?

250k isnt that much to pay for something with such a low breakchance, which lowers breakchance on all your other items for months

sure you'll need to pay 250k once in a blue moon to replace it, but the seller of the NMT can use that extra gc to buy items, stimulating economy

maybe they buy items from newbies, which can use the gc to level up their skills, benefits them

or from more experienced players, they can use the gc to produce other needfull things then

i rather have NMT breakable so they sell again, then having to compete with 20 other sellers when cause of a miracle a buyer appears

if breakable NMT is so devastating, you can get the perk right? lasts forever

iirc most nmt caps come from yetis in game.

yust remove em as drop from yetis(its most farmed mob in el),and lower the drop chance of nmt on fluffs,feros,giants.

price has been going lower and lower before this thread already, thread just gave it an extra boost

if NMT get breakable, and they drop in price like they are now (as you say some people selling for 250k) is that really bad?

250k isnt that much to pay for something with such a low breakchance, which lowers breakchance on all your other items for months

sure you'll need to pay 250k once in a blue moon to replace it, but the seller of the NMT can use that extra gc to buy items, stimulating economy

maybe they buy items from newbies, which can use the gc to level up their skills, benefits them

or from more experienced players, they can use the gc to produce other needfull things then

i rather have NMT breakable so they sell again, then having to compete with 20 other sellers when cause of a miracle a buyer appears

They still sell, up in til this thread I was buying/selling 3 or more a week

250k for a 1/40k break rate sounds good, that is the same as a nmw cape, How many people do you see using a nmw cape?

if more players think that way: "if i cant sell it for 350k then i dont sell it at all", then i dont wonder any longer why the economy has a problem in this game :medieval:

if more players think that way: "if i cant sell it for 350k then i dont sell it at all", then i dont wonder any longer why the economy has a problem in this game :medieval:

This is kinda off topic,

I would argue, that there really isnt a problem with the economy in game, prices are going up, mostly because the populas has more gc's to spend..This is called inflation. (or that is to say 1 of the root causes of inflation).

You could buy a new car in 1950 for 1000 dollars, today, much more expensive ..for an example

They still sell, up in til this thread I was buying/selling 3 or more a week

250k for a 1/40k break rate sounds good, that is the same as a nmw cape, How many people do you see using a nmw cape?

none, cause the alternative to NMW is an unbreakable NMT, maybe NMW will be more used with NMT breakable

which would be a great thing for tailors, +1 for economy

Edited by Infamous

Oh well, forget about it, too many disagreements, people wanting brod removed and stuff.

Is this the final word on this topic? If not, can we please have some guidance as to what, if any, changes will be made? The NMT market has been wildly affected by this post.

Edited by Ozmondius

I am guessing the topic is done but if not then making the ingredients to repair a damaged NMT is two damaged NMTs then you keep your price up and get them out of game and items are still protected. No need to do anything else. No one has to hoard them. All you have to have is 2 at a time. People who want to risk having the advantages and letting them break can do that too. This idea would mean you get 3 NMT for the price of 2 and with the low brake rate it should take a while to get 2 NMT into a degraded state.

Still breakable but has the benefit if you are willing to risk it and you can repair it by using another one until it breaks too. Yes that does mean you loose your NMT and loose 2 to get one back but then you can start again. Being able to just repair the same one over and over is great but what will the formula be and if the object is to get them out of game so drops can increase then repairing the same one over and over doesn't help. This is the third time Entropy has asked about NMT breaking. Hope it is the charm instead of the straw breaking the horse's back.

TirunCollimdus GM of PATH

Edited by TirunCollimdus

I Read through 6 or so pages of this post, I agree with that the cape should be breakable, and the added stats of the degraded cape is also nice.. The drop rate being increased alittle to compensate for them breaking would also be nice.

Did you still have an interest in implenting this into the game Radu? this post is afew monthes old now.

If there is still a problem with not enough nmt leaving game, perhaps a quest where the player ends up donating a nmt cape could help? I don't know what kind of reward it would be, just a thought.

Or adding one more way for them to be destroyed (like fire weapon damage).

They might not leave as fast as if they were breakable, but could still help a bit.

If there is still a problem with not enough nmt leaving game, perhaps a quest where the player ends up donating a nmt cape could help?

I like that idea, though I think the most fun quests involve both cost AND time spent doing stuff, with a great reward at the end (thinking here of novac and the vanquisher perk, or Vixen and the armour quest), rather than just effectively buying a reward and that's the end of it. The best I can think of right now though that combines that principle and removes a NMT is that you have a quest that requires you to break a NMW cape in combat (And maybe that would teach people how hard they are to break, and how hard it would be to break a breakable NMT!).