Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

NMT idea

everything else in the game is breakable , even shop bought special items like Tiaras .......

so I think the NMT being breakable will happen eventually , needs to happen , therefore take this olive branch while it is here

which other item in game gets better when it degrades ? **trying to think**

Well just tried to imagine the 1/40k break rate.

hmm, just did a little math:

1h optimum fluff train = 75 dead fluffs each hitting 15 times = 1125 total hits.

So with the suggested break rate of 1/40k would roughly be 36h of training

before it breaks for the 1st time. That's less than a week for many a/d-trainers.

Isn't that a little too rough? Or is there a flaw in my assumption?

Wear an NMT to reduce the break rate of your NMT? ;)

Seriously, considering cost and replacement need

- there'd definitely need to be an increase in drops to avoid skyrocketing prices as well as fill the demand as they break. Current drop rate is good for current status, just a few available on market for newer players to get a chance to buy *one*.

- Considering how horribly greedy some have become, maybe even have an NPC that sells them at a bit-too-high price but enough that'll keep the price not-too-unreasonable. (Or perhaps just a thought should that occur.)

- Okay with this item going breakable, and not sure what break rate on other items is, but considering its purpose NMT's should have the absolute smallest chance to break of anything in game. Not sure how 1/40k compares to other items.

I use NMT at all times when training, so it does affect me. However I'm thinking more on the lines of the market for them here.

Unless the cost drops, and drop rate increases in relation to how quickly they break, the market price for them could easily lead more people to contemplate the perk instead, and I don't think(?) that's the intention.

Basically, I'm okay with it assuming there'll be tweaks to keep the price of it from skyrocketing, as it's already a hard-to-work-for expense buying just one.

(Someone mentioned tailor repairing, dunno how that would fit in but I'm always up for giving tailors something useful to do with their skill.)

not too fond of the idea but I guess given the status of the degraded item it´s a fair(ish) compromise.

Why not make the No more warlock unbreakable instead though, while ofc keeping it a tailorable item only and maybe tweak the recipe some so it´s even more expensive? It´s a nice item, that rarely, if at all, gets used atm.

Ah i see what your saying, yeah probably would have unknown affects.

Overall though i think i would still vote yes if a poll was offered.

Please change this to *effects, before radu sees it ;)

I was going to mention that :P

Thumbs up for the NMT removal, been waiting for it a long time ;)

I totally agree with Dilly, making NMW unbreakable would have lots of pluses, including giving tailors something worth grinding for, the item being used more, and NMTs leaving the game. Can't comment on breakable NMT tho, been using the perk all the time.

1h optimum fluff train = 75 dead fluffs each hitting 15 times = 1125 total hits.

before it breaks for the 1st time. That's less than a week for many a/d-trainers.

Yes, there is a flaw with your assumption. You count 15 hits, but that only happens if your level is too low for fluffy. If it is high enough it will be considerably less than 15 hits.

Also, the result using your formula would be 1 in 18 hours, not 1 in 36.

Thumbs up for the NMT removal, been waiting for it a long time ;)

I totally agree with Dilly, making NMW unbreakable would have lots of pluses, including giving tailors something worth grinding for, the item being used more, and NMTs leaving the game. Can't comment on breakable NMT tho, been using the perk all the time.

I don't think you understand the concept. I don't care for "NMTs leaving the game", I care for "unbreakable items with the NMT perk leaving the game".

If not to hard/expensive, it would sort of allow people a choice: (a) keep their NMT by repairing a "degraded one" or (:P use the new cape with it's extra bonus and the risk of total loss if it breaks.

That would kind of defeat the purpose, no?

Yes, there is a flaw with your assumption. You count 15 hits, but that only happens if your level is too low for fluffy. If it is high enough it will be considerably less than 15 hits.

Also, the result using your formula would be 1 in 18 hours, not 1 in 36.

Still too early here I think, yes I mixed up "hits being blocked" with "hits being unblocked", and didn't take the average.

My bad ;) So reviewing it, 1/40k doesn't sound too bad after all.

I am not against the NMT cape being breakable during training, it already is in pk, but I am not happy with the astro part of this idea. As a mixer and fighter I use the NMT to be able to fight on crappy astro days. If the cape also has a higher break rate on that day, I pretty much will harvest or just not bother to log on during half the time. I guess I can always go back to training in augs, but that kinda defeats the purpose of making it breakable ;)

Taking skeptic is not an option for me, unless I can get an artificer removal too :P (arti removal pretty please)

I would like to see the NMW be unbreakable instead, maybe finally some reason to level tailoring some more.

Just my 2 cents, and yes I do have a NMT and use it on a (semi) daily basis.

Mixi

I think the idea is quite logical, but a bit disappointing since I'm still waiting for my first NMT, but I guess increased drop rate means I have a better chance of getting one...one day!

not too fond of the idea but I guess given the status of the degraded item it´s a fair(ish) compromise.

Why not make the No more warlock unbreakable instead though, while ofc keeping it a tailorable item only and maybe tweak the recipe some so it´s even more expensive? It´s a nice item, that rarely, if at all, gets used atm.

I may be due for a coffee, but ...

Won't that just encourage people to 'upgrade' their NMTs to NMW, with the result of driving the price of the scarce Warlock cape through the roof?

making NMT breakable comes for myself at a very bad point in time, since i just worked some months to afford my first one.

Besides this (i know you dont care), there is but another point that wasnt mentioned:

NMTs are currently dropped by monsters that are more or less only trainable by ppl that already _have_ an NMT cloak.

For example, i just started to train fluffies, but my a/d isnt that high that i could do it without good armor. So when a player is at that stage he needs to buy an NMT. If it breaks he needs to buy(!) another. People who train fluffs in the 100s a/d can train those crits without any armor at all for ages.

So in this aspect lower chars are disfavoured more and higher chars will have only few probs with it. If we ever have a poll about that, it would be nice to know a/d lvl of the voters.

On the other hand i dont really understand, where the current problem is where NMT isnt breakable (but can be BRODED).

NMTs are still ~340kgc on the market so where is the need to change it?

And: is it intended to make NMW cloak unbreakable in turn as mentioned?

regards,

Gilrain

The only comment i have is that IMO the NMT should not degrade into this '+armor/acc-NMT', it should the the other way around.

IMO, have Cyclops, MCW and Cockatrice have very low chance of dropping this '+armor/acc-NMT', and, as you say, if many of the normal NMT are breaking, increase the drop rate from fluff/feros/yeti, pushing the price down, so they remain generally viable.

Personally, I wouldn't even wait to see if 'many' are breaking, obviously some will, and to prevent everyone from going and taking NMT perk and potentially making the capes pointless/worthless, just increase the drop rate straight up, immediately dropping the price a bit and creating a better comfort zone for current NMT cape users.

EDIT2: Also, it's likely many people who get NMT cape drops, who don't have the perk, will be unwilling to sell them until they have multiple 'backups' in storage for themselves, so yeah.

EDIT:

NMT removal stone would be good... and if we're throwing removal stone requests out there, i'd also like an Underworlder perk removal stone, pl0x.

Edited by Korrode

I think the idea is quite logical, but a bit disappointing since I'm still waiting for my first NMT, but I guess increased drop rate means I have a better chance of getting one...one day!

I may be due for a coffee, but ...

Won't that just encourage people to 'upgrade' their NMTs to NMW, with the result of driving the price of the scarce Warlock cape through the roof?

Yes it would, but with that comes the added chance of crit fails (items, but more likely saving stones), and the Warlock's cloak gets a bit more of a use than just being a nice poser item to go with the banana magic serp. Didn't realise the warlock capes were that rare, i rarely see demand for them while I have seen bots with 1 or 2 cloaks on them for quite a long time (their price doesn't really confirm the extreme rare bit either). Added to that, I think it would make people care for tailoring a bit more, and being the gc sink tailoring is, that should make teh God happy.

Anyways, Radu seems to want to get rid of the unbreakable items thing, so scrap the idea ;)

I think Radu's compromise is pretty fair and balanced and as said we're getting an added bonus instead of just a breakable NMT.

I like the idea especially if the drop rate increases which will drive the prices down (i hope) this would make me consider loosing the perk and going back to the cape.

With all items being breakable then wouldnt it be nice to see the BroD being removed from the game, you may even get more people in to PK or when the NMT degrades incorpurate a Cotu perk into it so that BroDers will BroD in vain and they will have more of a chance to have their BroD broken.

Davy

A very nice solution to the unfortunate position in which we find ourselves, an unbreakable nmt is too good to be true and has to end - sad as it sounds.

As stated above - take the olive branch offered by Radu - and go for this idea.

Well, I guess I can make the degraded version repairable by tailors, with ingredients costing around 20-30Kgc.

Finally some purpose for the orange dye? ^^

On the other hand i dont really understand, where the current problem is where NMT isnt breakable (but can be BRODED).

NMTs are still ~340kgc on the market so where is the need to change it?

And: is it intended to make NMW cloak unbreakable in turn as mentioned?

I think that Radu's decision of make a public asking came with the acid rain, i assume that not too much NMTs were broken during those 5 hours from yesterday. Anyway he mentioned this idea (a sort of) several times before.

the idea in first post is best, i think it should be implemented like that, but with the degraded version having a higher breakchance, so they wont get more popular then the regular NMT

Well, I guess I can make the degraded version repairable by tailors, with ingredients costing around 20-30Kgc.

Just let it break, no repair. Defeats the purpose of all that your doing. Unless you made a chance when you repaired it that it repaired into a different cape, say a mirror or such.

I have an idea that hopefully most people will agree with.

Basically, I want to make the NMT breakable, with a 1/40K chance (+/- something due to astrology).

However, after it breaks it would transform into a new cape, which would also give the NMT perk, but also some accuracy and armor, maybe 6 points in total. This cape would also have a 1/40K break chance, and would just disappear when it breaks. And if a lot breaks, I can increase the drop rate too.

So, what do you think?

NMT and Skeptic are the best Perks a Man could ever hope to get, any other Perk is just a BoNuS to an already awesome game. "Capes are crap, and only an item of show,and judging by the Cape you are wearing ... shows everyone (ImO) your weakness". Perks are forever. Yeah, due to spending Pick Points on Perks I have small Health numbers...so what. In another couple of years, I'll still have my Perks. Can you say that about your Precious Cape(s) ? Nope. Also, as I continue to grow in Eternal Lands,(with the Perks in place) my Health numbers will get bigger and bigger as I continue to place Pick Points where they are needed...and I will become stronger,quicker and more stealthy in both Attack and Defence. Bet on it. Perks Rule !

Tokie

GM of Poundin'You (#nU) Guild :(