Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lorck

Capped pk maps with spawns/resources

Some pk maps with low level monsters get unused nowadays, nc goblin cave or evtr monster cave (one of the pr0est pk maps of the game)for instance, since a 130's a/d or above can come in and kill the trainee easily.

I know that there are capped pk arenas, etc, but maybe to have something to fight for, it can be spawn or an ore near storage, would improve the pk at lower levels.

Some pk maps with low level monsters get unused nowadays, nc goblin cave or evtr monster cave (one of the pr0est pk maps of the game)for instance, since a 130's a/d or above can come in and kill the trainee easily.

I know that there are capped pk arenas, etc, but maybe to have something to fight for, it can be spawn or an ore near storage, would improve the pk at lower levels.

Or maybe the low level PK'rs shouldn't kill Scotty and beam or use a ring if being approached by a high level PK'r

Or maybe the low level PK'rs shouldn't kill Scotty and beam or use a ring if being approached by a high level PK'r
The low level one has not much chance if the other guy come invisible, and no chance at all if a mage come in and harm invisible.

iirc, (killed scotty long time ago) one can't beam in pk maps.

And most people come in invisible either harm, md, summon tiger, or straight out kill the trainer.

There are safe places to pvp, you just need to be creative and explore. The main maps you want to train on are the main maps people look to kill people. There are a lot of pk maps that are little used to not at all and you can roam them for days without seeing anyone. Mainly c2. Check em out.

The low level one has not much chance if the other guy come invisible, and no chance at all if a mage come in and harm invisible.

mhm. have fun escaping when the tiger i summoned while invis cools you down and then i'm wiping like 80+ health a second off you with BP+OS+stars+ice arrow :whistle:

-----------------

I think some kind of change made so that those 'nice' low-mid level training spots are battled over by people around the levels to train them would be cool.

So if I were to go harvest at NC north cave with my 110s a/d, and the cave were capped to say 60... I could basically harvest all day without any issue except for maybe some gutsy 60s a/der trying to come and tickle me? (both loc and cap randomly picked btw)

I understand and like the idea behind your suggestion but I think it will be pretty hard to implement, and basically would just end in giving an advantage to the people you're not really aiming at here.

So if I were to go harvest at NC north cave with my 110s a/d, and the cave were capped to say 60... I could basically harvest all day without any issue except for maybe some gutsy 60s a/der trying to come and tickle me? (both loc and cap randomly picked btw)

I understand and like the idea behind your suggestion but I think it will be pretty hard to implement, and basically would just end in giving an advantage to the people you're not really aiming at here.

Easy solution:

"CL" based attack ability.

(When i say CL, i mean Entropy's correct version of combat level formula).

So only +/- 10 or 15 can att each other.

Easy solution:

"CL" based attack ability.

(When i say CL, i mean Entropy's correct version of combat level formula).

So only +/- 10 or 15 can att each other.

Which would give the highest as well as the very lowest a/ders to get a rather large (and imo unfair) advantage if this is linked to Lorck's idea of incorporating harvestables in the area to make it attractive to go there.

Well for the high level a/d'ers, can just make it up to ~10 CL less, but any amount higher, to be able to attack...

But yeah i guess it's a prob w/ really lo level ppl... guess dont have harvestables there :whistle:

The guys can still use other kinds of attacks, and only them can do it. We can do a test in test server, you trying to harvest in nc cave, and me trying to prevent you using poison/harm/mana drain/ranging, i am sure i can annoy the hell out of you and make the harvesting too costly...
There are safe places to pvp, you just need to be creative and explore. The main maps you want to train on are the main maps people look to kill people. There are a lot of pk maps that are little used to not at all and you can roam them for days without seeing anyone. Mainly c2. Check em out.
I was not talking about PvP training, i think you don't got the idea at all.
I think some kind of change made so that those 'nice' low-mid level training spots are battled over by people around the levels to train them would be cool.
That is exactly the spirit of the suggestion.

The guys can still use other kinds of attacks, and only them can do it. We can do a test in test server, you trying to harvest in nc cave, and me trying to prevent you using poison/harm/mana drain/ranging, i am sure i can annoy the hell out of you and make the harvesting too costly...

Not if you have a char that's 40s or 50s a/d with training build, and I have a char that never got even 1 attack or def xp, but I did get levels by harvesting, levelling magic a bit (for MI at least), and managed to get p/c maxed with some other levels. The range would have to be very wide for some smartass to figure that out and basically get unlimited harvests in such a place while being close to immune to any form of attack. And making the a/d range too big, will kinda take away from the idea. So although I like your idea, I still think it's close to impossible to do without the unfair advantage.

Why just dont make this "High Luminosity" maps (new feature proposal), this way ppl wouldnt be able to become invisible...

then everyone are able to dis tele properly before die (unless he(she) arent paying enought attention and got killed)

Edited by Tico

Not a big fan of this myself. I feel it would become just another pvp map. The EVTR cave would be a very pro spawn if you train armed orcs, with that should come some danger, IMO. I like the general idea, but just don't think it would work in a practical sense.

Not a big fan of this myself. I feel it would become just another pvp map. The EVTR cave would be a very pro spawn if you train armed orcs, with that should come some danger, IMO. I like the general idea, but just don't think it would work in a practical sense.

Exactly the point of this topic.

EVTR should be trainable! Now if you train there - some 130s+ a/d comes in invis and wipes you out - the spawn is therefore not used.

There is no intention to remove the danger - just reduce the 'danger' to someone of comparable stats to you!

I used to train in there before mages/invis and it was great - some really good battles - if the person was way too strong, I saw them and stood a chance to get out - if not I fought. Now I would not risk it at all.

I used to train in there before mages/invis and it was great - some really good battles - if the person was way too strong, I saw them and stood a chance to get out - if not I fought. Now I would not risk it at all.

That is exactly my point. If you see people comming u have a chance to run and somehow, being the PK spots good place to train, would be worth the risk of giving a brick to radu

Not to cap the map as Lorck suggested, but only forbid ppl from getting invis on such maps.

That is exactly my point. If you see people comming u have a chance to run and somehow, being the PK spots good place to train, would be worth the risk of giving a brick to radu

Not to cap the map as Lorck suggested, but only forbid ppl from getting invis on such maps.

In my humble opinion, people who should fight for spawns are of similar levels, no big need for bullies to come in to just make the training guys run... Furthermore, the change i proposed has already similar code and is already tested in capped arenas.

Exactly the point of this topic.

EVTR should be trainable! Now if you train there - some 130s+ a/d comes in invis and wipes you out - the spawn is therefore not used.

There is no intention to remove the danger - just reduce the 'danger' to someone of comparable stats to you!

I am sure there are plenty of decent mages that would be able to att if the cave was caped. I feel that soon after, there would be a call to do the same thing in the 2x fluff cave in thelinor and so on. The number of mobs in the small EVTR cave is a huge bonus, i think it should come with a real danger, not one that can be easily avoided with a diss ring and tele essies .