57 members have voted

1. 1. Allow main char copy to PK server with wipe/reset

• I play the PK server and approve of this idea
    • I play the PK server and do NOT want this
    • I do NOT play the PK server, but would use this option
    • I do NOT play the PK server, and would NOT use this
    • None of the above, I'll post below

agreed Bkc :(

also its nice to have some comments from mains players nice to here from you guys

I'd be surprised if any of the active PK'ers on main left to join the PK Server.

I dont know if i read this wrong, but just to be sure char's would be copied to the pk server so you would be able to play both servers and not leave one for the other.

All you main server people talk about this in your guilds and to your guild masters if this did take off they might want their guild represented on this server too.

keep up the good work guys

Handy

To all the PK server peoples that want this idea, imo for it to work out it would have to go along the lines of what liquid and i proposed, if over 100 a/d, you char gets rolledback to 100 a/d - with reset etc. Reason i say this is because a large % of EL players that would be intrested in this is already over 100 a/d.

~SenZ

I'd even advise against the reset.

Rather, i'd suggest OA be reduced to att100exp + def100exp + all exp in remaining skills.

btw i'm not saying i'd definitely do it even if that was the case... but that's certainly the only way there'd even be a chance :(

... if over 100 a/d, you char gets rolledback to 100 a/d
Rather, i'd suggest OA be reduced to att100exp + def100exp + all exp in remaining skills.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but you guys either aren't reading the thread are aren't comprehending. I'll say it again:

Entropy has NOT agreed to doing any rollback or stat-reduction on copied characters. Period.

So any/all suggestions based on that idea are simply not applicable.

I can ask him if he'd be willing to do a stats-reduction for an EXTRA FEE (above the $15 copy fee) which might provide a way for chars with higher a/d to get copied, but for now we can assume the answer is 'no' to that also.

I have a final answer from Entropy: he is NOT willing to reduce stats.

So that option is off the table in any form, forever. Whatever a/d cap we select (and from conversations it looks like 80 or 90 so people don't hit the server fully leveled) it's a straight copy with the inventory/storage wipe and OA reset.

So basically still the original proposal with a lowering of the a/d copy cap.

Edited by bkc56

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but you guys either aren't reading the thread are aren't comprehending. I'll say it again:

Entropy has NOT agreed to doing any rollback or stat-reduction on copied characters. Period.

We're reading and comprehending just fine.

Until the very post i'm quoting of yours, we had no confirmation of what Radu was and wasn't willing to do, so we were making suggestions.

Anyways, why Radu is unwilling to do as we suggest, especially with an additional fee, i can't fathom... but meh, it's just his and the PK servers loss.

Until the very post i'm quoting of yours, we had no confirmation of what Radu was and wasn't willing to do, so we were making suggestions.

I guess I didn't adequately express the negative aspect to Entropy's comment when I posted:

Update: I asked Radu in-game about stats reductions. His reply: "not likely". I interpret that as: possible, but probably not worth the work involved. So that probably rules-out any >100 a/d people moving over.

But frankly I was a little worried about bringing the subject up again for fear of getting an "I already answered you" type reply (with potential expletives).

In any event, the answer is clear now so we can move on.

I'd even advise against the reset.

btw i'm not saying i'd definitely do it even if that was the case... but that's certainly the only way there'd even be a chance :)

Are you serious??

That would only give tons of players way over the levels of current PK players, those who played when the server was "dead", so no to that. Besides, who knows, maybe you're 140's a/d and stuff, but your OA is low because of recent reset. That's like a soft reset alongside transfer.

Plus those players who would transfer the chars would only pop up every now and then to PK somebody, that's all. No need to stay on the server because you have max a/d, high OA and good build. So this would only give $15 for Ent and nothing for the server.

And finally, for those who didn't know - you STILL get OA exp from fighting even when you max out your A/D.

I dont understand why he is unwilling to do the rollback or stats decrease w/e - a person could easily find a friend that has a/d lower then 100 a/d, even find a pro mixing account with top lvls in most skills other than a/d. That could be abused so its easier just to let players that are over 100 a/d to go back to 100 a/d ^^

I dont understand why he is unwilling to do the rollback or stats decrease w/e - a person could easily find a friend that has a/d lower then 100 a/d, even find a pro mixing account with top lvls in most skills other than a/d. That could be abused so its easier just to let players that are over 100 a/d to go back to 100 a/d ^^

I am happy with the roll back idea but!!!!!

How easy is that to do? what does Ent have to do to find when the char was at that level? is it a click of a button or does he have to search through a load of stuff?

The roll back idea is out of our hands what you need to do is get enough players that want it then aproach Ent about it yourselfs. we cant keep bugging him about it. So that part is up to the mains players now.

Also like the pk players have said it would not be 100 a/d it would be 80-90 a/d at the highest so mains players would still have some work to do over here.

So any other possitive stuff

Handy

I dont understand why he is unwilling to do the rollback or stats decrease...

Per his forum PM, because it's a lot of work and he simply doesn't want to, even for a higher fee. It's his game, so it's his call.

Since we have no idea how complicated it is to do, we're really in no position to judge if it is or isn't to hard. I'm just happy that he's willing to do a copy with a wipe/reset as that no doubt has some manual work too.

It seems most of the PK Server don't want it, going on the votes. So it's really pointless to start asking around on main server IMO.. If you are serious about it, start a poll in general chat.

It seems most of the PK Server don't want it, going on the votes. So it's really pointless to start asking around on main server IMO.. If you are serious about it, start a poll in general chat.

I don't even know 10 active players on here at the moment alone 19 so don't go by that at the moment.

As we have discussed this through there will be some changes to the original post and a new vote will be made but it will be a post vote i.e we will all post are votes on a new thread with the new advised proposal that Bkc is working out.

That way we can see who is voting and see who is active and who is not i can get 8 people i know right now that are able to vote how many do you know. so these type of vote are never true.

But i do agree a thread on the main server forum would be good to spread the word about this idea maybe as you are mains player you or one of the other's could do it.

Handy

Edited by handyman

Well this thread has generated some great discussion and ideas. As handy says above, the original proposal needs some adjustments based on the ideas here. We shall also need an official "vote" as it's possible that some people may vote differently based on the revised proposal. We also have to be sure it's current PK server players who are voting as that's what Entropy asked for.

I should strongly emphasize that Entropy has the final say on this. He could make changes to the proposal based on what he thinks is best. Also Entropy will decide if the vote is a simple majority, or something more (2/3 for example).

So we'll give it a couple days for comments on the revisions, and then we'll close this thread and open a voting thread.

The current proposal is (I've underlined changes):

* For a $15 fee Entropy will copy one character per person one time from the main server to the PK server.

* The copy will be the character only, no inventory or storage (full wipe).

* The char will be reset (OA=0).

* The char must have an att/def <=90 to facilitate reset recovery and some leveling to reach the server a/d cap. No roll-backs or status reductions are included.

* There will be a three month moratorium on player-requested server changes so new players get used to the server before making suggestions.

* (optional, Entropy will decide) The offer will last for one month and if it goes well can be re-opened at a later date.

So let me know if I missed anything or did not correctly capture the tone of comments in this thread and I'll edit the above. Hopefully we can start the official vote this weekend.

How's 10 more than 11? :w00t:

The idea as BKC stated it now looks pretty good and reasonable.

Players with under 90 a/d could be relatively new players who have now heard about the PK-server but do not want to start over again... For players with 100+ in attack/defense, I guess they have made up their minds and don't want to leave the main server, so the level cap makes sense.

But still, we do not know how many players will be interested.

This may seem a little random..

I guess if the account is P2P on main, that gets copied over also? :)

(And I do really like this idea, and I will use it.)

We're reading and comprehending just fine.

Anyways, why Radu is unwilling to do as we suggest, especially with an additional fee, i can't fathom... but meh, it's just his and the PK servers loss.

Since we are suggesting... why not a $500 fee for char over 100 A/D? (just a suggestion, like any other)

For $15 getting a char in 2 servers ! I might even copy my main char just to have him walking around. $15 it's cheap. Not saying it's too cheap, but even the little char sold on the server, 95 A/D was sold for more, this way no one could complain on the price. And no, it didn't had a storage.

I haven't been active, most of my friends on the PK have moved on to other games and the little time I have free I don't log much, this won't change it for me but at least the PK Server would go on as Radu would have more funds to support the server fee.

From the start this server was supposed to be the mirror image of the main server, the percentage of safe areas on main would get to be pk areas on the PK Server, it's probably not the prettiest way to do it, but most people on main never started playing with the intent of playing but yes of leveling.

Most people just don't make their items, they beg for them. That has already started on the PK Server... so no change there.

I say go for it. Lets see what it brings. As probably in a year mixers will stick around and others will complain they can't train dragons and stay away, as usual.

Would you like me to create a thread on General Chat, seeing how the Main server players will vote?

If you lot are up for that let me know and I will create something.

--When you say "copied over", does that mean the player will have both their character remaining on the main server PLUS a new identical copy on PK server or does that actually mean "transfered over" where they will not have a player on main server anymore, just the one character newly placed on PK server? I think that will affect greatly how many people will want to come.

--You all need to be sure about what you can live with and if it's worth having a horde of new people come in, many who will not respect whatever community rules you have already set up.

--Also keep in mind that you all better want this badly if you do it. Nobody is going to want to come to have the current playerbase lord their "oldbie-ness" over them.

Copying means you get 2 of the same thing as the result. So char copy is having two quite similar characters on different servers. (*light bulb* some people might like playing 2 different builds on the same char, nevermind the different server tho.)

As community grows, community rules evolve too. So either players adjust to the rules, or the rules adjust to the players, meaning that if there is to be any "head hunters", then the community will adjust to it, characters would have guards, or even walk around in bigger teams, look for more distant resources and stuff. I don't really give a rat's ass about who will come as long as there are more players on the server, which as a result might bring back some of those existing players who left earlier, making the player base even bigger.

EDIT: some word order didn't make sense. it might still be the same, but effort is a plus.

Edited by DHT

My question wasn't so much asking for a definition of copying, but whether that is really what ent thought he was possibly agreeing to. That should be clarified, I have seen both assumptions made in this thread alone.