Eternal Lands Official Forums
tokie

Archery Bug

While on the wall of Nordcarn Castle there are many times that I will be "Under Attack" and unable to Shoot or move.

I have "rescued" many other Archers from this same Bug by Shooting the Rabbit,Wolf,Deer,Bear, or whatever it is..to get them "un-stuck", though many times while there by myself, I will have to use Alt+X to sign out of the game,and then re-sign in to continue Ranging. Diss ring does not work, and I am unable to tele either. F.Y.I is all. ty.

Tokie

GM of Poundin' You (#nU) Guild :(

Since this is the most recent one about this BUG;

Ive been stuck for nearly an Hour now and don't know how to get Unstuck.

Relogged by opening a new client and loggin in there so the old client disconnected (this used to work in the normal 'cant move' cases).

The bug occured in Hulda, while ranging the Ice dragon from a location that was in the dragons attack range. I am not sure whether I was 'too far away', 'target to path too long' or something else...

Tried:

Relogging,

Offensive spells,

Attacking the mob with an alt,

Teleport to range,

Teleport to portals WORKED (still stuck tho),

Offensive spells on me,

Offensive spells on bkc,

Attacked by bk, (cant flee from him),

Disengagement ring when in combat with bkc WORKED (still stuck tho),

Chris teled to portals so I quickly exit the client, log back in, in the UW now -1 rostogol stone,

Still stuck...

Game Time: 00:14:22

You are in the Underworld. [129,39]

You are under attack, you can't move.

Aislinn killed the mob (icy dragon),

Mob respawned,

Changing from CVS to regular client,

Multiing multiple opponents,

Dying some more,

Getting teled away by moderator command,

Killing a chim (didnt move to the bag it left after it died),

Summoning a rabbit,

Ive gotten some help from Aislinn, but we still couldn't figure out whats wrong. At least i'm safe in the storage now and can mix some goodies :) tnx for that.

So, gonna sleep now, be back tomorrow probably (no idea of time).

Thanks for any useful input,

ProHibited

Edited by ProHibited

This bug is very tricky to fix, because it is relatively rare and I don't have a good idea on how to reliably reproduce it. I guess in the future i will make a mod command to 'free' people. Right now, the only thing I can do is restart the server..

This bug is very tricky to fix, because it is relatively rare and I don't have a good idea on how to reliably reproduce it. I guess in the future i will make a mod command to 'free' people. Right now, the only thing I can do is restart the server..

A simple hack:

When a player changes map, like teleporting to the portal room, or uses a diss ring, clear all enemies the player is fighting with in the players data, then a player could at least free himself by casting a teleport spell or using a ring.

Piper

What was so weird about this time is that I've never seen the bug survive logging off/on before. That's always cleared it for me in the past.

When a player changes map, ...

I figured it already worked like this which is why we were surprised that multiple map changes and even getting killed didn't free him.

I thought it might be related:

The players online page shows that ProHibited was online over 30 minutes AFTER he logged off.

Chat Log:

[13:21:09] [ProHibited @ 1]: im still under attack :P

[13:21:18] [ironfist @ 1]: by who

[13:21:19] [dht @ 1]: by who/what?

[13:21:40] No player is in the game with the name of proh

Checked several times during that period of he was online or not. At the moment of this post he was online, while players online page still had his name.

BTW, other players logging off and on were shown correctly on the page.

EDIT: #stats shows one amount of players logged in, while players online page shows +1 (prohibited), so that might be a totally separate bug, but still worth mentioning.

Edited by DHT

That's not a bug, the avatar is online if the server thinks it is under attack, but you can't PM them because the player is not there.