Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

Harvest level and mini-events

Player A has these lvls= Manu 32, Eng. 24, Tailoring 10, Crafting 50, Pot 75, Alch 91, and Harvest 105

We set the goal at 700 (lvl 100 for each skill included, this is an example it could be any lvl or combination of lvls, tailoring being more difficult and all) so...

32+24+10+50+75+91+105=387

387/700=.55

So this person would get 55% less harvest events then normal and they have some fairly decent lvls.

You could also set a mark where this formula starts say harvest lvl 50 or something. They have to get to that before this "discount" is even considered in game play.

I think this is a great idea. The only way to eliminate all mini events to to make those 7 skills all level 100, which no one would take the time to do with a harvesting alt. It also encourages well roundedness both to peaceful mixers and fighters who make their own essences and such. If this gets implemented, I'll drop a bunch of gc on looms to get my tailoring level up.

Why not just let 'experience' harvests be mini-event free?

However, if I was a farmer I'd just build ten characters in place of one, and cycle through them (still only needing one logged in at a time...).

Yeah, it might not fix it totally, but if it makes it more difficult for the farmer, and yet eases the pain for the regular player, isn't that a good thing? :whistle:

It makes it even harder for the farmer, as every hour s/he would need to log on all 10 of his alts to reach the hour change, otherwise s/he doesn't get the harvest exp.

I'm all for asgnny's idea about 1 character at a time.

Maybe a new cape - no more mini event cape.

A arti cape and some hydro/wolf or the unused ores bars and enriched ess.

High harvest level needed, maybe 60/70 and 7 inorg nexus.

Chance to break on radon event - but very little.

Could get some of the arti capes out of game and some people would want both capes.

Bit on the same topic: are there other people experiencing an increase in mini-events too?

I'm skeptic and have harv level 94: to harv 800 red roses, 21 events; for 240 wormwood, 14 events. Are we being punished for this post? :)

Bit on the same topic: are there other people experiencing an increase in mini-events too?

I'm skeptic and have harv level 94: to harv 800 red roses, 21 events; for 240 wormwood, 14 events. Are we being punished for this post? :)

No, were being "punished" because of gold coin farmers. The mini events are not that bad for the most part on minerals/ores. The only time I see a real problem is with flowers. Would be nice to see the rate of them lowered on flowers at least.

Other than that I can deal with the events the way they stand on the minerals/ores if they stay.

Hèhè I know why they are implemented and that they're not so bad on higher-end harvestables...I just wondered if it's possible their ratio has been increased over the last few days. They seem to be more numerous than say two weeks ago. No stats to prove that really, only a feeling.

Harvest events happen more frequently while flower picking because flowers harvest faster than other things. Reducing the mini event rate for flowers would defeat the purpose of having mini events, since it would make harvest alts more effective.

I like Elf_Ninja's idea of tying mini events frequency to multiple skill levels. It would reduce mini event frequency for high level players but not harvesting alts.