Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

Would you like to see the weight of att and def increased?

Someone who says the economy is fucked when current PP buyers stop buying PPs is wrong. There are plenty of ppl that will be buying PPs.

reduced lvl of PP buying isnt going to screw economy at all , there will still be great demand for all essences, armors , swords , potions

as far as im aware, these things are the beef of the EL economy, not hydro bars, perhaps the people who believe these are the beef of the EL economy are the people who are scrambling day in day out to buy them to buy PP

and those people will still probably scramble to buy them, in fact, if they have LESS of an effect on power in PK , these same people will likely try to buy more and more no? tp get that extra extra extra boost to thier char

lol i know what i must do with my gc :> i go buy all rosto in bots and i sell for high price :)

i dont need pp any more :>

lol ateh obviously knows math how many hes does 1.2 mil gc buy? 150k hes...... i think that even if i give you an order for that amount and you actually make would take you forever to make. and manu u say runs economy? wtf people cry about paying price on armor and weapons even at cost of ings. so no other skill runs this economy. it runs on people who buys pps and buy your esses pots and shit to go piss away for fun kicking the shit out of someone in kf. if they find no reason to do that then yea i have enough hes and srs in sto to pvp till lvl 178 a/d kk :)

why change?

obama "changed" and is it turning out well?

and now he won some nobel peace prize (which is straight up BS)

(not trying to bring poitics into it, trying to make a point)

lol ateh obviously knows math how many hes does 1.2 mil gc buy? 150k hes...... i think that even if i give you an order for that amount and you actually make would take you forever to make.
so then how the flying fk do you have .........
i have enough hes and srs in sto to pvp till lvl 178 a/d kk :)

don't mess your own post up in the same post kk ? and anyway I was playing EL before hydro bars and nexus stones were even in the fucking game and the market was even better back then FYIUFN ( for your info you f***** noob )

and manu u say runs economy? wtf people cry about paying price on armor and weapons even at cost of ings. so no other skill runs this economy. it runs on people who buys pps and buy your esses pots and shit to go piss away for fun kicking the shit out of someone in kf. if they find no reason to do that then yea i have enough hes and srs in sto to pvp till lvl 178 a/d kk :)

OK Smart shit, you want to go fight the creatures or even PVP to get your a/d lvls ? Who makes the armors your wearing ? Hmm ? Who make the essences you burn ? Hmm ? Who makes the pots you drink ?? Hmm ?? YES fighting is a huge part of EL economy, but the bare bones of how to get high a/d lvls has no fucking connection whatsoever to PP buying. Jesus Christ. All those things would still carry on, people would still need FE to make bars, so on and so on ad infinitum

If this game relies soley on hydro bars and nexus stones then tbh the game is beyond repair in its current form, fortunately me and a few other peopes can see farther than the next batch of hydro bars and nexus removal stones and see that the game did and can function well without a small percentage of players with an insatiable desire for PP buying.

But really, we need to hear something from Ent about the hydro bar being the sole runner of the EL economy, if he comes here and says its true and that without hydro bars and PP buying EL would be fucked then I will sell you my character for 25 zimbabwa dollars

is common sense that if something gets less strong, it gets cheaper/less wanted

Hmm, so if a flame thrower can kill 10 people, then the enemy develops some special armor that protects against flames, and your flame thrower kills only 8 people, that means the price of it will fall, right?

likely, but then as the world has always and will continue to work is that they'd build a stronger flamethrower which would be effective until they build better armor. Take the steel & tit helms ingame for eg. they cost 2x sometimes even 3x more then what they will sell for. why? because CoL > armor. Helmets should be used more, there is a rare 150hp one, but why not add some more basic hp values to them? I personally would much more prefer using a steel/tit helm, yet the 150hp from the CoL is much more valuable.

steel helm 40hp

tit helm 50 hp

rd helm 60 hp

etc etc.

As a manufacture it would pretty much end the need for S2Es and hydro lessen my need for shop items. I agree the economy is based some what on hydro, a lot in fact.

Same with the PP buying and such woulld hurt many players that have worked hard to get those PP for PKing and have there set up. This is how manufacturers make their gc, S2Es for hydro.

As a PKInger I feel changing PKing abilties will reduce the value of what I have trained hard for a character that you all wanted to try to PKing and failed for in part because of the ubber def greaves, now decreased, and in part cause of each PP I placed. Change this now after we have all work for the set up. Concider, not flaming, the starter of this topic has very high a/d but is on reset like a lot of the "other PKing side" and seems they always want things to change, but to their advantatage, sorry again not flameing just how I see it. Hell I can not blame them I want all the advantages too.

AttilaTheHun

Edited by Inglor

As a PKInger I feel changing PKing abilties will reduce the value of what I have trained hard

Any combat abilities you gained from combat training will not be reduced.

EDIT:

the starter of this topic has very high a/d but is on reset like a lot of the "other PKing side"

Actually, I'm not even top 50, barely ahead of you, and my OA hasn't been too shabby for a while now.

Try again.

EDIT2:

As a manufacture it would pretty much end the need for S2Es and hydro lessen my need for shop items.

Wait a sec, what does Inglor's manufacturing have to do with AttilaTheHun's pickpoints or buying stuff from the shop? :)

----------------------------

Also, people stop blowing out of proportion the impact this will have on pickpoint buying.

You all do realise it's only 2 out of 9 cross-attributes that will be "weaker", the benefits you'll get from putting pp's on some attribs will be unchanged, and not drastically reduced for the others.

PP buying will still be plenty OP for you all. nono worry your $ still good.

Edited by Korrode

As a PKInger I feel changing PKing abilties will reduce the value of what I have trained hard

Any combat abilities you gained from combat training will not be reduced.

EDIT:

the starter of this topic has very high a/d but is on reset like a lot of the "other PKing side"

Actually, I'm not even top 50, barely ahead of you, and my OA hasn't been too shabby for a while now.

Try again.

EDIT2:

As a manufacture it would pretty much end the need for S2Es and hydro lessen my need for shop items.

Wait a sec, what does Inglor's manufacturing have to do with AttilaTheHun's pickpoints or buying stuff from the shop? :)

----------------------------

Also, people stop blowing out of proportion the impact this will have on pickpoint buying.

You all do realise it's only 2 out of 9 cross-attributes that will be "weaker", the benefits you'll get from putting pp's on some attribs will be unchanged, and not drastically reduced for the others.

PP buying will still be plenty OP for you all. nono worry your $ still good.

Since attila has not bought any PP the PP buying does not yet have anything to do with him. As a manufacturer it has a lot to do with Inglor as does buying froM the shop. Inglor buy stuffs to make things with like a lot of other manufactures I am sure. Not much gc in being a manufacturer unless you make S2E and sell them for PP HYdro.

Anyways it is a game. I have spent enough time debating this I will not return to this thread :)

I'll go for a test later today as well.

How about people try this out before worrying about what to do with their millions of gc, or complain about losing the effect of their bought pickpoints ? Besides, should all of EL come to a halt because a few people are afraid it's no more use to keep farming the instance so they can drive up prices for nexus removals even further? Korrode said it here above: it affects not even all of your attributes, it's not the end of the world, and it may actually (or not, but testing will show) enhance the fun for a lot of others, most of whom work just as hard or possibly even harder.

It's a test on the test server ffs, you have every opportunity to contribute to the test. Constructive feedback comes a long way.

Since attila has not bought any PP the PP buying does not yet have anything to do with him. As a manufacturer it has a lot to do with Inglor as does buying froM the shop. Inglor buy stuffs to make things with like a lot of other manufactures I am sure. Not much gc in being a manufacturer unless you make S2E and sell them for PP HYdro.

Anyways it is a game. I have spent enough time debating this I will not return to this thread :)

I very much like how you rebuttal my off-topic comment, don't at all address my on-topic ones, and then run away from the thread. :)

if its a moderate change, probably nothing severe is going to happen.

Still it leaves me with two questions:

first: weighing a/d more than PP seems to me like favoring the invested time (for combat training) vs. the (potentially) invested money (for PP buying either with gc only or with real $ involved). Doesnt that mean we are having less $ in the provess and isnt that reducing income for the game maker, too in the end?

At least it favors the high end chars that are often sold and bought and have been trained for ages vs. chars that are not that old but their players invest more money. (neutral view intended)

second: although i know this game is beta, it forces its players to plan for years ahead, since its also a very challenging game. I miss a bit the long term perspective of the planning, especially now when the future of PPs is discussed. Maybe its a good idea to connect this discussion about the role of PPs in combat with the other ideas of renovating the PP system (but ofc not in this thread). Luckily my own char is not that advanced to have a problem with any changes.

regards,

Gilrain

if its a moderate change, probably nothing severe is going to happen.

Still it leaves me with two questions:

first: weighing a/d more than PP seems to me like favoring the invested time (for combat training) vs. the (potentially) invested money (for PP buying either with gc only or with real $ involved). Doesnt that mean we are having less $ in the provess and isnt that reducing income for the game maker, too in the end?

Despite for what Korrode wants you to think, not everyone's bought PPs are with $$$. Some people like Asgnny did not buy anything from the hop or from the black market.

And the game maker does not get the money from those who do use $$$ to buy PPs.

And, finally, PPs are still pretty damn useful, it's not like they don't count for shit now.

How about people try this out before worrying about what to do with their millions of gc

What !!!! Fighters have money now ?????

Damn and I could have sworn most of these ppl saying they will have millions they cant spend, were the same ones Begging Radu to increase mob drops, since competative PK was to expensive and some had been "forced" to buy GC for $ to keep up :)

Edited by conavar

You know the funny thing is the fact you're all bitching before even testing it. Stop moaning and wait to see what happens.

How about people try this out before worrying about what to do with their millions of gc

What !!!! Fighters have money now ?????

Damn and I could have sworn most of these ppl saying they will have millions they cant spend, were the same ones Begging Radu to increase mob drops, since competative PK was to expensive and some had been "forced" to buy GC for $ to keep up :)

:)

maybe i can start gc selling service too with all the gc saved from not having to buy pp ^^

kk if we stop buying pp then what we must do with gc ? like what said boedha stop instances and invasion or we sell gc in black market or we put all gc in storage and take foto for gc :>

lol, i am amazed that some1 didnt offer them to gtfo :)

but, but, Conavar, maybe it is time for some of us, fighters to ask their secret how to make millions of GC?

and after saying that, those millionaires whine about, how they need GC to PK, and that there should be more double Yeti spawns :) omfg, epic :)

sorry for offtopic.

lets say ur strenght is more based on a/d lets say mr willie wonka goes to kf with 122/124 a/d player banana goes to kf aswell with 121/125 a/d doesnt it get a boring fight then c who runs out suplies first ?

lets say ur strenght is more based on a/d lets say mr willie wonka goes to kf with 122/124 a/d player banana goes to kf aswell with 121/125 a/d doesnt it get a boring fight then c who runs out suplies first ?

lol for 2 players of very similar a/d, their fight will be the same as it is now.

is common sense that if something gets less strong, it gets cheaper/less wanted

Hmm, so if a flame thrower can kill 10 people, then the enemy develops some special armor that protects against flames, and your flame thrower kills only 8 people, that means the price of it will fall, right?

yes, but like Luigi said, just develop a better flamethrower to counter the special armor, in this case: should we suggest OP things to counter korrode's suggestions, or is it too late and its his game already?

point is, some if not most do like YOUR game as it is, they want pp's getting weaker/removed because they cant be bothered using summon stones, mines, ranging or a mage in pk to fight the "oh so uberpowerfull PP buyer"

You know the funny thing is the fact you're all bitching before even testing it. Stop moaning and wait to see what happens.

even more funny is thats advice that you guys should follow too, radu had a new idea yesterday, breaking stone. would dissapear and save a piece of armor from breaking, he mentioned "breakages need to go up 10% though" guess who were the first to complain

anyway gl with changing pk to your likings, dont think everyones going to keep pking if they have to adjust to Nome rules/wants/needs in pk everytime