Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

Would you like to see the weight of att and def increased?

Infamous: Thank you for bringing us the words of Radu. :o

It is hard to get his input if it is on channel 6 and you aren't there to get it.

Dugur: Eh. I might have misunderstood and thought you were talking about me instead of a general scenario. I might reread all these oppinions and of course Radu's words brought to us by Infamous later on. As I said though, I think your logic is flawed. More on that another time though.

Edited by nathanstenzel

radu said a/d already count twice as much as attributes

[radu @ 6]: in combat there are 2 important things

[radu @ 6]: chance to hit, and damage

[radu @ 6]: both are calculated from a/d and cross attributes

[radu @ 6]: now you already know that

[radu @ 6]: for chance to hit, both the attributes and a/d play the same role

[radu @ 6]: however, for damage, the a/d are TWICE as heavy as the attributes

[radu @ 6]: I mean cross attributes

[radu @ 6]: so if you get 12 PPs, that means 6 cross attributes

[radu @ 6]: at best, they equal 3 a/d (or 6 a or 6 d)

[radu @ 6]: and at worst, they equal 1.5 a/d

[radu @ 6]: I mean 0.5*

[radu @ 6]: per a/d

[radu @ 6]: so as you can see, say you have 60 PPs bought

[radu @ 6]: then at the very most that's 15 a/d

[radu @ 6]: or 7.5 a/d when calculated for damage

[radu @ 6]: so not the end of the fuckign world

[radu @ 6]: a good armor or sword is worth more

*waits for lorck to bring up linear mathematics and prove radu wrong*

a bit after that:

[08:21:25] [radu @ 6]: ok, remmeber what I said earlier about the nexuses mattering less than a/d for damage calculation?

[08:21:34] [radu @ 6]: I was wrong

[08:22:17] [Korrode @ 6]: attack level not 2x as strong as Might... i can't believe someone else didnt' pick u up on it at the time :o

*waits for lorck to bring up linear mathematics and prove radu wrong*
One more post where i think you are joking, seriously... It seems you edited the stuff i wrote on channel before that.

I mean, radu asked on channel how many a/d would equal to 12 pickpoints, people said stuff like 6,8, i said 3, and "the pr0s" laughed at me... Seems i was at least partially right. Furthermore instinct/reasoning, doesn't affect only reaction/dexterity, they also may affect perception, rationality, charm, etc, all of them are nice to have, so roughly 12 pickpoints spent in attributes means 3 a/d for hitting/dodging + some extra stuff like extra exp, or extra harm damage, or extra chance of summoning more than 1 monster, etc.

So even when i was right, i was wrong, and you post BS to make me look bad?

EDIT: Nice point Dilly, but you can see that most people have maxed might cross attribute, so that factor is similar to most people.

Edited by Lorck

Ok, so if I change the formula on the test server so that the attributes would count as 2/3 of a/d for DODGE/HIT purposes, do you promise to extensively test it? By extensively I mean:

1. Hour of PKing, 1 instance (preferably all of them), and 1 hour of training/farming various monsters, then report the results?

Ok, so if I change the formula on the test server so that the attributes would count as 2/3 of a/d for DODGE/HIT purposes, do you promise to extensively test it? By extensively I mean:

1. Hour of PKing, 1 instance (preferably all of them), and 1 hour of training/farming various monsters, then report the results?

I would be more than happy to help test this. :o

how fair for those who spend millions of gc on buying those pp

so what will it do to the economy? step back from hydro business and go to mass producing great swords/armors for rares so everyone can buy those? ^^

after that whining "everyone got orange spam armor and weapons" after that "everyone using tons of summons now" etc etc.

maybe i can start gc selling service too with all the gc saved from not having to buy pp ^^

i can get an instance team to go on the test server over the weekend (probably way to late)

I can also test a bit tomorrow.

Don't cry infa, the pp buyers would still have a nice advantage over those mere mortals (95%+ of EL players) who did not bought any PP.

pp will probably be cheaper then, heard from some they will max r/w and be fighter/mage/summoner

after that probably range with 60 AP pots

that wont be OPed at all, top 50 a/d players fulfilling every role they want in kf

pp will probably be cheaper then, heard from some they will max r/w and be fighter/mage/summoner

that wont be OPed at all, top 50 a/d players fulfilling every role they want in kf

Why exactly they can't do that now? Wait, wait, they can do it now, nevermind... Edited by Lorck

How about we do testing before talking garbage :o?

Also PP buying will still give a advantage, just not as much as it does now, everybody wins, no?

Edited by SenZon

its harder and more exspensive now to buy a pp i c that change in the future u actually dont have to do instances and invasion anymore to get gc to buy pp :o

How about we do testing before talking garbage :o?

all that comes out of you mouth is garbage anyone that is in ch 6 knows that. i think the system is fine now and is unfair to make changes to since people made choice to invest into pp at time when it had a certain weight. they cant go back and undo and get 1.2 mil gc back. and as the system is now 1 pp isnt gone make you huge diff, neither will 10. but hell if they should mean even less id liek to return pp to npc for 1.2 mil each and buy something thts gona be worth it maybe some special armors. :), oh wait nm once i get all those they will be also adjusted not to matter since we want all to be equal like russia

is common sense that if something gets less strong, it gets cheaper/less wanted
Not really, its still a demand/offer market, in my opinion, they would be still worth a lot, but nobody can know for sure, nobody here has a crystal ball.

EDIT: And boedha, cry a bit less please, such a minor change and you are behaving like its the end of the world.

Edited by Lorck

Also atm any one can do this like lorck said, Max AP is 900k less then a PP and even if One person becomes everything fighter/mage/summoner/ranger it's a classgame no? And also you can range/summon/mage/fight at the same time? No.

is common sense that if something gets less strong, it gets cheaper/less wanted

That isnt bad, dont you like the idea that everyone can buy heaps of PP?

And at kgx: No comment :)

whats next a master reset and al go back to ip chasing bunnies

Love your constructive criticism, do you this cause of your lack of knowledge in EL ^^?

Edited by SenZon

they can do all those things now, but as it is now they first save up for max attributes, which takes a hell of alot of time to get with everyone wanting to buy pp

no one even has full attributes yet, would you like it if everyone has 48 in every attribute and be a pr0 ranger/summoner/mage?

sure they cant do everything at once, but a ranger or mage are annoying as they are now, atleast now you can scare them off a bit easy, will be harder with a ranger shooting you who will just change to orange spam gear when you try to scare him off by attacking, and whoop ur ass with 8 AC in 1 flee if he has a hard time 1 on 1

Edited by Infamous