Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

HE, why arent they made?

so why are Health Essence so hard to find while loads are being used?

and that goes for Spirit restoration pots aswell.

is it because of the ingred cost? food points they take to make? effort Vs exp?

supplies to restore are rare to find, just trying to figure out why and see if it can be fixed, or see if we can all go all-rounder

is it because of the ingred cost? food points they take to make? effort Vs exp?

supplies to restore are rare to find, just trying to figure out why and see if it can be fixed, or see if we can all go all-rounder

I make srs from time to time, you can find them on clf for a decent price

With the cost of silver ore going up, people dont want to pay the cost for HE, I would say they should be a price of at least 8.5gc's each.

IMO is due to shortage of silver caused by:

- decreased player base and not enough new players

- mini events

- silver is quite far from storages

- no good "mix hes in place" spots (maybe add some crys out of MM mine?)

and for srs, I have no problem finding them for my needs (2k+ per day).

I virtually stopped making any silver requiring essence for a simple reason: ore cost...

HE: cost = 2.5*2 + 0.5 + ~2 (food) = 7.5 gc ...

LE: cost = 2.5 + 1 + ~1.7 = 5.2 gc...

And let's not talk about craafting items like diss or (c1) tele rings :icon13: ...

Result: I still make them for my own use (and a bit in guild) from silver I harvest,

but in order to get some gc, I'm better of training a/d ...

And I simply cannot buy the ingredients, mix and hope to get some extra gc for my efforts...

As for harving problems, MM is not a bad spot at all for silver (no worse than places for gold or coal).

(no idea about SRs, I'm not a potter)

Edited by revi

people pay ~8gc now from bots, maybe increase prices?

seems better then fighters taking inorganic and take over all mixing business too :icon13:

people pay ~8gc now from bots, maybe increase prices?

seems better then fighters taking inorganic and take over all mixing business too :icon13:

Go ahead. Might make you look down on 'the mixing business' a bit less :P

I gave up on making HE (except for my own use) after I started needing my silver for both crafting as well as LEs. I make quite a bit of SRs, but use them either for summoning stones, or to make EMPs, which I only sell to close friends, or keep for my own use.

I might be tempted to make more HE again if silverprice were to drop back to 2gc each, but for now, it's too much hassle, for too little profit, and at alch 113 the bit of xp I get off them isn´t really worth it anymore either.

Edited by Dilly

I still mix/sell He's on a regular basis....but i hate it. It's just too boring. I dont like mining or mixing, that's just me of course.

Usually u can find HE's on my bot Desirable. I dont stock her full like i used to with He's because i just dont have the time to mine the ore and mix the HE"s anyways.

the mini harvest events slow down the harvesting , so that may be a factor in the amount of HE's available now...maybe ..dunno. I used to harvest silver ore and go do other things in real life (house cleaning blah) but u cant afk harvest anymore.

So, most of my HE"s are for personal use now and some for my bot. Other than that, i dont mix alot of them.

1) Use Naralik sto

2) Grab mums just west of exit to MM, or in MM outside the gold cave

3) Use the gold cave entrance with the boat to cross over to the silver

Even with map switching, a shorter walk than to MM storage.

Even if you don't want to switch to Naralik, going via the gold cave to the silver is shorter than the walk to the silver cave entrance, with the bonus that there's mums just a few steps from the gold cave entrance.

------------

Back on topic, I put some on my bot on occasion to sell, but yeah, rising silver cost has made people not want to make HEs to sell, just for themselves. I make lots of them... and use them. That the buyers who won't make them keep begging for old prices on market isn't helping make anyone want to make them either.

Can't say much for HEs but I have been able to find them in large quantities from time to time and that gets me by. Since I pot way more than train/fight, HEs aren't imperative...any/all silver harvesting I do goes straight to my AEs :icon13:

With regards to SRs, I can only speak for myself but I find myself making batches up to 10k or so on a wkly basis. It seems as soon as I make them someone contacts me for an order. Just plan ahead and find a potter that will mix them for ingreds/food or gc...waiting til the last minute really isn't feasible. On a good day I can mix up 5k in a few hrs, RL dependant ofc.

Otherwise, quite a few bots carry them for a range of prices, you'll just have to buy them in much smaller quantities and deal.

I have to agree with Wolfy though, friends and allies are a good thing :P

HE - one reason could be that not so many reset as before . the rem. stones.

Used to be the best way to get the first levels.

I have not made any for very long time, because of lots of fps needed and cooldown work bad, when the 6 HE you can make with 1 feasting is made, do you still have cooldown on food.

I like the harvest/mix because it's possible to move the hand from the mouse, so toads are a bad idea.

I don't like mixing at storage.

SRS - can only be mixed at storage - breaking m&p - ings

I make sometimes when we have invasion or half food day.

Silver used to be 2gc each and HEs sold 6-6,5 ea.

Now silver went to 2,5 and HEs are ~7,5+ gc. For health essence, the change of silver price brings +1gc to cost of ess. I always sold my HE's for 6,5 max, but now on alt been doing 8ea no problems. More profit these days there...

The biggest issue is getting the silver form market if you really want to alch. There used to be many PKers (and not just PKers, duhh) who actually mined silver and sold it, now none really. Dunno about those harvest alts, many moved to provide flowers for potions too I guess.

And SR's has always been important training item for potters selling ~14gc. Obviously many have moved to mix BR's that sell to NPC 15gc ea, or are busy with other potioning stuff.

Just my speculations. I bet there are more SR makers if we start buying it 15ea, but there a potters opinion is needed.

For fixing HE issue get some LabRat wannabes online. Would need abundance of silver on market to get HEs spammed properly. If every HE consumer went camping in MM instead of spawn something might happen(?).

The biggest reason why there would not be enough HE is that fighters use them up too fast. That is what happens when you push the limits when fighting, I guess.

As for the idea of silver prices going up, yeah, some are greedy like that, but all I would have to do is take some silver off my own bot. He sometimes sells 2K silver ore in one day. He is limited to having 1K silver at a time. Feel free to pool some money together for a blessing is you want him to sell more silver in a day. :icon13: $10 from 10 people will do nicely. lol

One annoying thing with HE is the food costs. I would say that is the 2nd biggest reason for there not being enough HE.

I think the main problem with HEs is the silver ore (not its cost). Silver is used in a lot of ess and crafting items, so the offer is splitted on them. I consider to mining silver too boring... coz it's too far away from sto and the harvest time is elevated IMO.

Maybe lowering a bit the harvest time will make it more attractive to players, the price will drop to 2gcs again and maybe it translates in a drop of price of HEs and craftings.

or maybe lowering the food needed...

No idea about SRs ( i have a potter friend :icon13: )

Edited by dipi

I used to sell the extra silver ore I brought back to storage after mixing LE or bars.

With the mini events do I not sell any ore/minerals/flowers, only if friends need.

I think I'm not the only who do this.

imo I noticed essence sales and a general decrease in market channel after mini events were implemented.

I find this kind of odd though because I don't find the events to be bothersome while harvesting silver. Sure, I cannot harvest afk anymore (which I miss :icon13: ) but not so bad.

I think the main reason for the decrease was how many mixing/harvest services players that left after mini events came into play. Look at ELG guild for example...

Wonderful/Sanddragon/Bruno would harvest/mix for people but vanished without a trace after the new events came into the game. I know that ELG always had minerals/ores/essences for sale and having that guild die out did a small toll on the EL market.

Now multiply that by how many other harvesters/mixers quit and you might notice a trend.

I make quite lot of HEs, but i don't make more until all are gone from my bot...

The same applies to SRs (i don't make em myself but have a good supplier)

My biggest issue with mixing HEs is lack of bones and the price some people ask for them.

We don't have to make SR anymore, since BRs stack. As it's now a service to the community, start buying at 15-16 and make it worth our while. Also, since matters are used extensively it is harder to find large batches of 1 color quartz. Easier to find "5k of all quartz" then 20k BQ.

P.S.: rauch has been selling 3k SR for 14.5 for at least a day now, so that's not much motivation for people to mix SR when they get 15gc from NPC for BR at roughly the same cost :icon13:

or see if we can all go all-rounder

All-rounder will not solve your problem, rather aggravate it.

IMO is due to shortage of silver caused by:

Explore more and think less linear. IotF, bot abuse in Iscalrith, Arius and EVTR both have mums close to storage, so do the math, bring feast+mums and mix at mine, load up on silver after mixing and mix that at storage.

I'm also surprised by how quickly some players can use HE.

You should check how many of those players also sell HE. I'm sure you'll see what is called a "reseller" pattern.

One annoying thing with HE is the food costs. I would say that is the 2nd biggest reason for there not being enough HE.

No, that doesn't play a part at all. It hasn't changed and with mules in game there is no shortage of mixing food. Besides, steel bars are abundantly available and cost 5 more food. A harvester's choices have been broadened:

- iron @ .87gc per emu but close to storage

- quartzes @ 1gc per emu

- emeralds @ 1gc per emu

- diamonds @ 1.16 per emu

- silver @ 1.25gc per emu

- extract flowers except toadstools/mullein/tree mushroom @ 1.5gc per emu

Funny thing is, the cheaper per emu, the easier to find, since time is a more valued commodity.

Edited by RallosZek

maybe food cost can get lowered to make them more mixed?

or maybe decreasing ingreds from 1 to 2 silver?

Sanddragon used to be my usual provider of Sr/HE, always had them ready when i needed them.

Rasta keeps the guild alive now, he's making HE at the moment ^^

hope he'll do that more often :icon13:

oh and if anyone wants to sell any Sr/HE i buy 5k Sr and 20k He regulary ^^

Go try harv big amounts of silver... then you know why.

Harving always was boring as hell. But at least it was very very boring, so you could do other things while harvesting.

Now it's just utterly annoying.

Strange - I sell well over 10k per week - guess allies are useful after all :)
The first thing on my mind when i saw this thread. I was going to post just something similar "try to be friends with some mixers, and don't flame them/attack them for nothing".
Easier to find "5k of all quartz" then 20k BQ.
I sell lots of BQ every day, never had a problem finding a buyer.
As for the idea of silver prices going up, yeah, some are greedy like that
Then the market for silver is normal, as demand goes up, the prices goes up...

Anyway, there are many profitable ways for alchers, 2 of the bests are steel bars and LEs, which are always in high demand. LEs are specially good since they have good prices, nice exp/ingred ratio, and have a special item associated with it. As for SRs, i know maybe 8+ people in game who have always SR for sale, LEs/HEs/Bars are not that easy, i need to order to some friends, but again its a MMO not a single player game, you should help your friends and get help from your friends.

Edited by Lorck