Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

Legionnaire Orc Profile

So the new Legionnaire Orc creature is on the test server.

Thought I'd do some testing and get some stats on it.

REMEMBER Radu might change it's stats a bit, and i can't be 100% sure on some things, so take all this as PRELIMINARY.

Legionnaire Orc

a/d: 135/135

health: 500

respawn: ~40 sec

gc drop: 105gc max

armor/toughness: similar to Yeti

damage/might: similar to Yeti, perhaps a tiny bit less

crit-hit and crit-dmg rates: hard to be sure about crit-hit because i'm not quite strong enough to train them "well", but their crit-dmg rate seems less than Yeti (and that counts more).

training requirements: you want a bit more att/def/dex/react than what's needed for "decent" (well, my definition) training on Yeti to do "decent" training on these, probably ~6 more a/d, or like 6 more dex/react. (i conclude this based on my current main server stats being what i consider 'minimum for decent yeti training' and the effect i saw when i took godless over there and added 4 inst and 4 reas. It helped a lot, they became close to my definition of "decent" training, but not quite).

I would suggest using a weapon that damages them for an average of 11 damage and doing 2 flees to definitely cover HE/SR usage while still making nice exp (with me not-quite-strong-enough i still was going to make ~330k p/h), but there's certainly many other possibilities, some that could yield pretty damn nice exp. If their crit-hit rate is quite a bit lower than Yeti (which i can't test all that well), there would be some setups with def god and weps that average quite low damage that would yield pr0 exp p/h.

They're certainly not going to keep us in gc for PK'ing, but if it's decent exp on a single spawn that's being chased, they're good, and so far seem balanced.

Again i'll remind that my testing has been relatively brief, and should be taken as preliminary.

Edited by Korrode

Excellent info ty...

Do they ignore you?

They do ignore me.

Yesterday i saw an 80's a/d char standing by one, and they ignored it too, so maybe they're completely non-aggressive... but, could just be because Radu hasn't added it yet ^^

Don't think max Gc drop is 100, highest i got was 103 ^^' most likely it's 105

Edited by SenZon

edited original post, thx Senz.

everything else seem about right based on your tests?

EDIT:

Excellent info ty...

Do they ignore you?

They do ignore me.

Yesterday i saw an 80's a/d char standing by one, and they ignored it too, so maybe they're completely non-aggressive... but, could just be because Radu hasn't added it yet ^^

Also Senz informed me they DID attack that 80's a/d char, my bad.

They respect MM cape/perk tho.

Edited by Korrode

It seems their ignorance is CL based.

Either way, I would be more intersted in avoiding meeting one of these guys, so could someone post a screenie plx :)

Mostly out of curiosity, I went on test and tried one of these. I am obviously too low level for them (90/93 a/d on test, 28/48/12/24/4/4), but wanted to know if it was even possible for me to kill one.

I was able to kill one using a thermal serp, dragon armor, and boost pots, but had to restore a lot. I tested mostly to see if I could stand a chance against one in an invasion or something.

edit: does/will orc fight book work with it?

From a trainers perspective, I hope it doesn't.

Having +5 crit-dmg isn't a good thing for training, it increases inconsistency in damage delt.

FYI (from earlier this month, specifically about the Legionnaire Orcs):

[radu @ 6]: btw.. if I ever hear of someone taking more than 1 spawn..

[radu @ 6]: and telling someone else that he owns both spawns...

[radu @ 6]: 3 days ban if someone claims more than 1 spawn

[radu @ 6]: k?