Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sabaka

Cost to create guild

I believe there are way too many guilds out there(25 guilds with 5 members or less alone) and that the cost to create a guild should be increased. Perhaps the cost should depend on the number of registered guilds? Say if there are 60 current guilds, the cost to create a new guild would be 60k???

That would be unfair to the newer players, since they're the ones who have less money anyway, and yet are being charged more for it.

A monthly maintenance fee, depending on the size of the guild, might be useful, though.

It couldn't be on the size of the guild cuz a guild could have like 11 inactive players and that means if you have a monthly maitenance fee all ur other players have to pay for those 11 players

I'd like to make another suggestion without opening a new thread, recently I restarted TM to get rid of the inactive members.. may I suggest that the guild #remove command be made to work even if the person who is being removed is not online. It would also be nice for a guild #members command which would show all the enlisted members in a guild.

I admit I haven't been reading the forums very throughly so if these have been suggested before I apologize.

I agree with Sabaka on the #remove and #member commands

I agree with Lyanna, there does need to be a fee

I agree with Aero that it cant be amount of players in a guild

*Idea for Solution

-10-20k each month from any and every guild (will get rid of money and help with the economy, not much but some)

-or give some type of benefit from being in a guild, one that wouldnt give a bigge advantage to the more populated guilds, while still giving reason to join a guild rather then build one

-last but not least, make it so you must have 10 members willing to join into it

1st of all you all have to think of went those guilds where created.

Most of the "noob guilds" where went the server change near to the place where people where just trowing money away.

Some people said they will die on their own but they r still there.

--------------

I ask for a guilds wipe but the players didnt want it. you'll need to see what players and admins have to say about ur idea.

I really dont like it a lot, I like more of a guild clean and that only the good guilds will remain.

-thas not fixing the problem only prolonging it, eventually we will have as many inactive guilds as now.

If we make it so you MUST pay 10-50k somewhere in there each month, the inactive guilds would be deleted and problem solved.

More in depth look at my idea:

1. Have an NPC where you must go and pay the guild fee for the month, you can pay for as many months as you want so long as you have the money.

2. If you do not pay the required amount you will have 10 days to pay the fee in full plus a 10% late fee for each additional day you were late adn guild is more or less still there till the end of the 10 days then all members are removed and guild is destroyed

3. Any member of the guild with a level of 15 or higher can pay the fee, that way guilds have to more or less keep an active leader afloat.

This will solve it, I am 100% sure.

Arafin, that's quite a good solution, I think. And it ALREADY gives the benefit of joining a larger guild, since then each member has to contribute less. Furthermore, it slows down new guilds from forming, because they not only have to think of just the starting capital, but also being able to continue. AND, like you said, it drains money from the economy. Which is more realistic, too, when you think about it, because any organisation in real life would need to pay maintenance costs.

However, it DOES pose a problem for minority guilds who want a separate identity, like the country-based guilds. (NL and *PO* come to mind...) That was why I suggested guild maintenance fees according to size. And this wouldn't be so much of a problem if the #remove command was added, since any inactive guild members would just be jettisoned.