Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
handyman

I Was asked to make this post

Hi guys I'm back :) not 24/7 but will be on most days if only for a while.

The reason for this post

1 To get up to speed with all the changes

2 Because i was asked to start and old discussion off

First thing on my return I was bombarded with messages do you have? can you make? have you got?

Before anyone says i dont have the right as i have just returned. I just want to say everyone that was on today ask me to make this post.

Same old thing its about Binding stones, Efe's, great swords,

Today the players on were talking about the usual stuff like how things could change and how would it help the server and maybe get more players here

I ask you before you do comment maybe talk about it in game first then make your post as clear and sensible as possible, what i meen by this is if you just want to slag off the server or complain about someone then pls dont. This is a chance to have an adult discussion about something on the minds of most of the players.

Binding stones should the finding rate increase or should the be available from the shop? the same go's for enriched essences.

Great sword seller should he be returned?

Please share you views and ideas also how you may think it will help or even make things worse.

If you dont play the PK server is it because of these reasons?

Is there alot of questions and ideas? then this is the time to share them

Be productive people :wub:

Handy Thor

I think that the best way to get more people on this server, would to make the chance to get binding stones or enrichment stones and all other special stones, a little bit higher. There a quiet a few people with the lv to make "good" weapons and armor, but we dont have the resources.

I dont know about the ability to buy binding/enriched essences from the shop. The game could be ruled simply by the amount of money that you ahve irl. I think the rate should be increased instead. That way, with more people with exspencive things, the more rostogols that are going to be bought from the shop, and more bricks to build for radu's castle.

If the great sword NPC was brought into game, i think the price should reflect the amount of binding stones ingame, or the ability to make them.

Thats what i think :)

I like the high-end NPCs not being in the game. The game is much more interesting when we're required to make instead of buy the high-end toys.

I also like the stones/enriched not being sold from the shop. Again, let's keep it about playing the game not who has a valid paypal account.

The above said, I think it would be good if the chances to find stones or mix enriches essence was increased a little. We are totally rare ingredient constrained and a bit more availability would allow a few more items to be mixed.

I think that the rates should increase on the rare stones. Possibly have the Weapons dude returned, but only if the prices went up. I mean there are some pretty rich people on pk and it would be easy to go out any get 2-3 bronze swords for 20kgc each and totally own. JS are like 40kish...Selling on shop wouldn't be good imo because 5-10$ and you could have a set of Tit/Steel armor, or 5 great swords. Or at least the RARE ings for those. So unless the prices were really high, I think it would be bad for the economy. Also, it seems like a good amount of people have great swords/armor already but they had to work to get them, so the find rate/make rate on the bindings/esses shouldn't go up a ton.

Talon

Firstly

Welcome back Handy

I think i agree with most here in asking that the find/alch rate be increased a little

Personally im happy that the other stuff isn't or shouldn't be available fro the shop

The idea of the pk server from what i can see was to make EL that little bit harder

Which is probably why we dont have so many players :)

Mental

Ok i was going to post last, but seeing what your guys are saying and talking to other players this is my views on the matter.

If you want good Armour or weapons then you should either work hard lvl your chars then make the stuff your self or you should pay in game gc's to someone that has already leveled in that field to make it for you.

Just to buy from a npc would be to easy

What is the point in working hard and getting the high end levels if someone can just go buy the stuff for next to nothing.

The only other way is to make the items really expensive from npc's so it would still be profitable to make them, But i still think you should have to work hard or rely on another player that has worked hard to get these items. Or what is the point we just as well sell everything from npc's for 1gc and we will all stay at lvl 1 in every skill.

The main problem is the rarity of enriched ess, Binding stones and serp stones.

This is what holds us back on here. How can we get around this?

1: Make them available to buy from the shop using $$ / but then players with $$ will have an advantage over the players that dont have $$.

2: Get more players playing the Pk server and you will get more rare items in the game / This also wont work because the more players the more high end gear they will want and it will never balance out.

3:make stones and enriched ess available from an npc / This will keep their price the same but then they are no longer rare so this wont work.

4: increase the drop rate of the stones and enriched essence / This seems to be the most popular of all, but how much would you want them increased?

5: what about making it more random make is possible for any mob to drop one of the rare items. This can be adjusted to keep up with demand and even new players killing rabbits might get a chance.

Ok there are a few ideas and possible arguments I mostly like the ideas of No 4 or if possible No 5.

But has Radu any ideas on this - It his server and he has to make it profitable for him (It costs real life $$ to keep these games going) and also all the hard work with up dates and constant monitoring. This is the other arguement about buying from the shop for $$. is there a happy medium?

Handy Thor

Edited by handyman

4: increase the drop rate of the stones and enriched essence / This seems to be the most popular of all, but how much would you want them increased?

This is an interesting "solution" to the problem. On the one hand, it doesn't help the mixers who aren't/can't kill the types of critters that drop this stuff. On the other hand, the people most likely to be using the high-end toys are the most likely to be able to kill these critters and get supplies to replace broken gear.

I believe I still favor a general increase in the percentages, but that could include the drop-rate percentages along with the harvesting and mixing percentages.

The down-side to all this is that it's one more difference in the server configuration/setup between main and PK which increases the effort and the chance of an "opps" that wipes out the change with a future update.

I too await Entropy throwing his one-liner comment so we know what he's thinking.

Welcome back handy!

I personally think that the current rate of rare stones/essences is okay as it is, the only problem is that some people have a slight tendency towards hoarding some of these items. Though not in any great quantities, over a small population it still makes a difference.

I played PK server a while in the beginning (created SantaClaus.) Personally the high end item rarity doesn't bother. The reason I am not playing on PK server is that everyone had rosto and dozen alts. If there weren't this epic multiplay, I'd still be in. Ofc many find it excellent to be able to interact with alts (and I had some too) but then again, how many players are there on server and how many characters total?

That is the whole point, the number of players :D

Some items are too rare. I'm sure there are enough items that don't even exist on the PK-server. If great swords are available from the npc again, perhaps at an increased price? Not that I mind paying less for those swords of course :0

And for enriched essences, just mix more normal essences.

There are already several items that can be bought from the $shop so I'm not against more shop items. Top armor is already titanium set, I don't think some enriched essences will change that.

Yeah i'm also not online that often ;p see y'all next vacation or something.

I like the high-end NPCs not being in the game. The game is much more interesting when we're required to make instead of buy the high-end toys.

I also like the stones/enriched not being sold from the shop. Again, let's keep it about playing the game not who has a valid paypal account.

The above said, I think it would be good if the chances to find stones or mix enriches essence was increased a little. We are totally rare ingredient constrained and a bit more availability would allow a few more items to be mixed.

i agree with bkc

i agree with bkc

If you want to get drops, kill mobs, if you want rare harvest event stones, get harvesting. The rates aren't as bad as I keep reading. They would only be low if this was single play. but there are alts that can harvest all the time you are online.

As for the drop rate! I remember getting 2 on the same day at least once, on Sego. I only had 2 alts then and Sego was the harvester... just check what you are harvesting and be sure that ore/mineral can provide it.

Welcome back handy!

I personally think that the current rate of rare stones/essences is okay as it is, the only problem is that some people have a slight tendency towards hoarding some of these items. Though not in any great quantities, over a small population it still makes a difference.

I'm not sure, but I believe I have some 9 Binding Stones in storage. Why? Would love to have a full Ice Dragon Armor Set in storage as I find it the best looking armor in the game.

ingame quote from today

[17:24:44] [Chris @ 1]: im bored... sego, what did u do once u reached cap? :X

the answer is... other skills, harvest and chat

stop bring up the same issue all the time. As it looks to me some people just want to get things too easy, do little and PK all day in top gear. Just check how many chars are close to 100/100 A/D and how many NMT cloaks there are. rare items require time and patience.

Well there you have it

1: If you want the higher percentages then get year ass out there and mix more or harvest more and increase your chance lmao.

2: Take the arti perk on your mixer or wear a cloak if someone has one, increase your chances.

3: For Ent to increase the rates

As for buying them from the shop and or npc's its not what majority wants

And the buying of tit armor and great swords from npc's will just upset all the manuers that have worked had and leveled their char to be able to make the stuff

Handyman

So that is why no one can hardly find a binding, Segor has them all. :whistle: Kidding. I think if people harvest/mix a ton enriched esses and rare stones will show up more. People prolly have a number of them but they get hoarded so no one else can find any. :P

Talon

Edited by talon1527

People prolly have a number of them but they get hoarded so no one else can find any.

Umm I hope your kidding. There isn't a CAP on stones. The existence of stuff in the game doesn't affect the odds of finding new ones.

Yeah I know, I was kidding. I did hear something about that on the enriched esses, the more there are in the game the chance of making them goes down. NOT saying that is true, but I did hear it from somewhere. But I know that the rate of rare stones isn't affected by how many are in-game.

I did hear something about that on the enriched esses, the more there are in the game the chance of making them goes down.

Only because Entropy monitors the numbers and will sometimes manually change the rate to control the market.